Upcoming Films

Quintus

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

Woah!  Finally watched the Atomic Blonde trailer - looks awesome!  Probably the only 2017 film I'm actually excited about?

Yeah, I thought it would be something for Jason. Blondes kicking ass always does the trick, right? Heck, at first I thought it was Scarlett Johansson.

I seem to be the only one not impressed with the Atomic Blonde trailer.  The fighting looks like too self-conscious, like I'm watch stunt choreography school outtakes.

19 hours ago, Jay said:

Sony’s Girl With The Dragon Tattoo sequel will arrive in October 2018

No Fincher... No Mara... no Craig...... no interest!  

Huge disappointment for me that Sony didn't let Fincher make his sequel right away.

"That might be interpreted as a bad sign, but if anyone can reinvent the series, it’s Alvarez."

It doesn't need to be reinvented, the first one was fine.

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Blondes kicking ass always does the trick, right? 

You don't know me at all Alex.  I've always, ALWAYS preferred brunettes.

Red Heads are second, blondes are a DISTANT third...

Just heard about the upcoming film, Radegund:

Opening at Jägerstätter’s home in the idyllic Austrian countryside, the film follows Franz and his wife Fani along their path of resistance. Told through real wartime letters, this love story finds the couple in conflict with the members of their close-knit town, their church, their government and even their friends – all of which brings them to a dramatic choice.

https://thefilmstage.com/news/terrence-malick-returns-to-wwii-in-first-look-at-radegund/

17357111_1930655943836909_352012982_o.jp

No big stars, and not focused on contemporary human stories and love triangles, which never seemed like Malick's forte.

Could this be his chance at redemption?

8 hours ago, KK said:

Just heard about the upcoming film, Radegund:

https://thefilmstage.com/news/terrence-malick-returns-to-wwii-in-first-look-at-radegund/

17357111_1930655943836909_352012982_o.jp

No big stars, and not focused on contemporary human stories and love triangles, which never seemed like Malick's forte.

Could this be his chance at redemption?

There's nothing to redeem himself from!

Well with the last string of films not doing so well, he seems to have reached a creative rut!

4 minutes ago, KK said:

I haven't seen anything after The Tree of Life.

Me either, despite the fact that I enjoyed both New World and Tree of Life to varying degrees.  I had planned on seeing Voyage of Time, but it seems to have been released in the US with little fanfare.  I don't even remember if coming out.

On 3/17/2017 at 10:50 AM, KK said:

I haven't seen anything after The Tree of Life. But they seem rather hard to sit through.

They aren't nearly as long as his other films, but I have yet to see Knight Of Cups.

To The Wonder doesn't really do it for me thematically, but still found it a worthwhile experience. If you're into Malick's style, I would recommend his protege A.J. Edwards. Check out The Better Angels, I found it more Malickian than To The Wonder. 

Yeah, I saw that on King's twitter feed this morning.  Not impressed.  Should have had a desert landscape on the poster in some form.  The first book doesn't even take place anywhere resembling a metropolis.

On 3/20/2017 at 0:15 PM, Muad'Dib said:

At least the fact that you can see the Tower's silouette is kinda original.

Star Trek Into Darkness did the exact same thing. There is no such thing as originally when discussing movie posters!

4 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Star Trek Into Darkness did the exact same thing. There is no such thing as originally when discussing movie posters!

Or is it?!

148559_s.gif

Wow, just heard about The Circle and watched the trailers, looks terrific. Great premise, awesome cast. (I should probably read the book too but I doubt I'll get around it before next month.)

I'll have to remember to see it if possible.