Upcoming Films

Quintus

YouTube just had a movie trailer in my feed for something called "Spiderman Homecoming". What is this? The main dude looked different again - is this yet another reboot? Lord give me strength! 

I bet you guys already know everything there is to know about this don't you, and are keeping an eye on it! 

On 6/10/2017 at 5:50 AM, Quintus said:

YouTube just had a movie trailer in my feed for something called "Spiderman Homecoming". What is this? The main dude looked different again - is this yet another reboot? Lord give me strength! 

I bet you guys already know everything there is to know about this don't you, and are keeping an eye on it! 

Sony's two recent reboot films didn't make enough money, so they signed a parternship with Fiege and the MCU where Fiege gets to oversee a new reboot of Spider-man but they are still made and distributed by Sony.  So this Spider-man was introduced in up in Captain America: Civil War last summer, and now he's getting his own movie this summer.  A sequel has already been greenlit, and he's appearing in Avengers 3 next summer as well

Kinda old news but not sure if it was mentioned. Somebody bought the movie rights to Andy 'The Martian'' Weir's latest novel Artemis so a movie is inevitable.

Artemis-Book-Cover-Andy-Weir-674x1024.jp

This time it's about the Moon.

Did you know that Armando Iannucci of Veep and The Thick of It fame was directing a movie about the death of Joseph Stalin?  I sure didn't, but I'm looking forward to it now.  The cast is incredible!

Appropriately enough, it's called The Death of Stalin.

Huh, I didn't realize they were doing a kids controlling adult bodies plot.  Looks dumb.

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Wish he'd just fuck off at this point. 

Playing 7 seven!! Dates in Ireland next summer.

dickhead.

23 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Maybe Shore will do the score?

19 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Wish he'd just fuck off at this point

How dare you!

On 05/07/2017 at 9:55 AM, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Wish he'd just fuck off at this point. 

Playing 7 seven!! Dates in Ireland next summer.

dickhead.

You mean you don't like 'Galway Girl' with its succession of bullshit Oirish cliches, Bilbo? 

On 29/06/2017 at 3:34 PM, BloodBoal said:

Oh, my...

I like how they dressed the girl in the exact kind of attire you see 99% female video game characters wearing. Apparently that has been controversial with some, probably on twitter I'd hazard a guess. What's more disgraceful to me though are the title screen graphics on the Jmuanji game they load up in the basement. There's no way that ancient console could render pixels so colourful and cleanly as that. Historical inaccuracies really piss me off, so I won't be going to see this. 

Uh, fruit, please!

20 hours ago, Quintus said:

I like how they dressed the girl in the exact kind of attire you see 99% female video game characters wearing. Apparently that has been controversial with some, probably on twitter I'd hazard a guess.

That's Amy Pond. She usually dressed like that, even in the middle of a war.

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

They have THREE live-action/CGI remakes of animated classics planned for just 2019.

I see 4.

The live-action remake trend is utter ridiculousness in itself anyway. Their number doesn't change that.

Just now, BloodBoal said:

I see 4.

The live-action remake trend is utter ridiculousness in itself anyway. Their number doesn't change that.

Dumbo, Lion King, Mulan.  What's the 4th?

And I agree, but at least they've only done one a year in 2015, 16, and 17.  Three in one year is just absurd.

Just now, BloodBoal said:

Neve rmind. I counted Mary Poppins as well, but I realized you mentioned "animated".

Still, useless remake all the same!

Well Mary Poppins Returns is a sequel to the original, not a remake.  Mary Poppins becomes nanny to the children of a now grown-up Michael (the boy in the original) in the 1930s.  It will have all new songs/music (with I'm sure references to music from the original) with a completely new script.

4 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Never knew they were doing an adaptation of A Wrinkle In Time. Curious to see how that'll turn out. 

Well, here's the just released trailer!  Oprah's in it.

And I'm all-aboard the Chris Pine train, so happy to see him in it too.