Upcoming Films

Quintus

48 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

And of course Hollywood is buying the film/story rights of the 12 children that were trapped deep in a flooded cave in Thailand.

The cinematography will be cheap, they won't need cameras for most of it!

I know most of you will sniff at my weakness for such things, but I'm genuinely looking forward to this.  The show was wildly inconsistent but I always enjoyed myself.

http://screencrush.com/downton-abbey-movie-officially-happening/

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

Can anything with Slughorn, Miss Jean Brodie, and Queen Victoria in it, can't be bad.

Are you responding to the Downton movie news?  Jim Broadbent is not in Downton Abbey.  I'm also not aware of any actress from the show playing Victoria.  But yeah, Maggie Smith will for sure be in the movie.

8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Zemeckis style animation! Call Pixar!

Nope, I meant it was pitch-black down in the cave. It'll be more of an audioplay if accurate at all.

11 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I know most of you will sniff at my weakness for such things, but I'm genuinely looking forward to this.  The show was wildly inconsistent but I always enjoyed myself.

http://screencrush.com/downton-abbey-movie-officially-happening/

I'm sure you could find a post by me when I talked about the series finale in the TV where I predicted a reunion movie was inevitable

1 hour ago, Holko said:

The cinematography will be cheap, they won't need cameras for most of it!

But will they be able to rescue them? The suspense is unbearable!

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm sure you could find a post by me when I talked about the series finale in the TV where I predicted a reunion movie was inevitable

Well yeah of course it was inevitable, and the cast have been hinting at it in interviews for a couple of years in a "there's been talk but nothing official!" kind of way.

I thought it might not happen until later, but I'll watch whatever they wanna make.

The show had some pretty good score cues too, actually.  I put it on from time to time.

14 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

But will they be able to rescue them? The suspense is unbearable!

Tony Stark rescued them! From a cave!

Steven Spielberg: "My version will tell the true story. The boys that came out of the cave weren't the same as those who went it."

I saw a trailer for Alita: Battle Angel. To me it looks good actually, but I just hope the eyes don't prove distracting throughout. Still, it's a bold choice to make her look like that.

Apparently, the Deadwood movie is actually, really happening. :woop: Oh shit!  Expectations might be too high for me.  I need to work on just taking the movie for what it is when it's released.

Still my default answer for greatest TV show of all time.

‘Deadwood’ Movie Gets Greenlight at HBO

HBO is officially moving forward with the “Deadwood” movie. The announcement was made by HBO programming president Casey Bloys at the TCA summer press tour on Wednesday.

“All of these people worked hard to get this together,” Bloys said. “It’s been a logistics nightmare getting all the cast members’ schedules together, but we are there. It is greenlit.”

Bloys also said the movie is currently scheduled to begin shooting in October for a spring 2019 air date, but added that the date is not “set in stone.”

This is not the first time Bloys had been questioned about the potential movie. Just last year, he praised the script he got for the film from series creator David Milch.

“I wanted a script that would stand on its own … I’m happy to say that David totally delivered on that. It’s a terrific script,” Bloys said at the time.

Really looking forward to this. I know @Alexcremers and @publicist will be interested as well. Such a splendid show it was. :)

As for the best TV show, it is certainly up there. I wouldn't object to anyone placing it at the very top.

Karol

6 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I would have been happy if they gave us another season.

I'd guess it's a movie, not a season, due to a combination of actor availability and Milch probably not wanting to write a whole season.

10 hours ago, Richard said:

Fantastic news!

Now, let's have CARNIVALE: THE MOVIE.

YES PLEASE!

There's also news about the next Coen Brothers movie, which is a Western.

You may remember that "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" was originally supposed to be a single season Netflix anthology series with each episode being a different story told in the same setting, but each directed by a different director.

Well it's still going to be for Netflix, but it's now a single feature film directed by just the Coens, but still an anthology of different stories that I'm guessing will intersect in interesting ways.  I bet it'll be like the great Jim Jarmusch movie Mystery Train, which is a series of different stories set over a single 24-hour-period in Memphis.  It could be really cool, like a series of Coen short stories/vignettes.

My favorite part of the news is the quote from the Coens:

In a statement, the Coen Brothers said: “We’ve always loved anthology movies, especially those films made in Italy in the Sixties which set side-by-side the work of different directors on a common theme. Having written an anthology of Western stories we attempted to do the same, hoping to enlist the best directors working today. It was our great fortune that they both agreed to participate.”

HAHA!  Nice joke about hoping to hire the best directors working today, so they just hired themselves.

https://www.nme.com/news/film/coen-brothers-announce-details-tom-waits-featuring-new-movie-ballad-buster-scruggs-2359167

12 hours ago, Richard said:

Fantastic news!

Now, let's have CARNIVALE: THE MOVIE.

I'd rather have one more season. This whole "one movie to finally conclude a TV series" ... What good has ever come out of it?!

7 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I'd rather have one more season. This whole "one movie to finally conclude a TV series" ... What good has ever come out of it?!

51NluDHqyvL._SY445_.jpg