Upcoming Films

Quintus

It generates money, yes, but to more and more fans the universe has lost its special value. They say Disney has betrayed them ... And to think of all the money they spend on the merchandise! Poor fans!

Do you actually know what you are talking about? Or are you just being yourself?

The Star Wars fans who HATES The Last Jedi, and who riled against it, and who want it to be remade are...in essence. ..Trump people. Biggots, conservatives, who want everything to conform to their white, male, heterosexual view of the world.

Its interesting you seen to feel for them.

13 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Do you actually know what you are talking about? Or are you just being yourself?

The Star Wars fans who HATES The Last Jedi, and who riled against it, and who want it to be remade are...in essence. ..Trump people. Biggots, conservatives, who want everything to conform to their white, male, heterosexual view of the world.

Uh...

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I am not a trump surpporter but if I could undo the film I would. Even though I like much of it. 

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Disliking TLJ means you are pro-Trump?! What happened to Steef?

It's a good think I don't really hate it then. ;)

19 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I've heard it all now.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:40 AM, Alexcremers said:

Alfonso 'Gravity' Cuaron's most personal project yet has some beautiful B&W cinematography.

Really looking forward to this one. Back to his more intimate routes.

On 8/15/2018 at 5:58 PM, Alexcremers said:

Koray will be happy ... New Steve McQueen drama ...

I like Steve McQueen. But this looks dumb.

53 minutes ago, KK said:

I like Steve McQueen. But this looks dumb.

It does. Probably only gets a theatrical release because of the "From the director of 12 Years A Slave" tag. 

The world is changing. Right now, TV is owning drama. And the fans don't mind if 'drama' is offered at home. Also, drama is difficult to sell in China or India, unlike big action movies. 

1 minute ago, Alexcremers said:

The world is changing. Right now, TV is owning drama. And the fans don't mind if 'drama' is offered at home. Also, drama is difficult to sell in China or India, unlike big action movies. 

Oh right because action movies provide a more "universal" language?

I've noticed smaller films lately don't even have a major studio logo at the beginning. Instead they have like ten different logos from boutique companies and financiers, and not a familiar one in sight.

Sometimes the big studio films will have several Asian looking logos in front too. Star Trek Beyond and Kong Skull Island for example.

I'm sure Hollywood is worried. I don't think anyone knows what the next big seller is (after people are tired of superheroes). James Bond is still a sure thing ... What else? Star Wars is killing itself and China isn't really into that universe. 

Downscale, shrink the industry, produce and market smaller films to domestic audiences, make $40 million on a $10 million film and multiply that. Why does everything need to be some apocalyptic, laser lightshow for geeks?

3 hours ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Sound is 50% of the experience.

I suppose, now he has tinnitus in one ear, for @Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya, the experience is 25%.

I'm not trying to make light; I've lived with it for 19 years, and it's a bitch.

8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Yeah, its annoying. But never painful. Thats not tinnitus.

You say you went to a doctor, Drax?

I have tinnitus (ringing in the ear) and symptoms that match a condition called hyperacusis, both as a result of the accident I had.

Unfortunately the earliest ENT appointment I could get is 25th September. I asked my GP why is it so hard to get an appointment, he told me it's because there simply aren't many of them.