Upcoming Films

Quintus

21 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Very interested.  We'll see how that pans out, though.  As Kurosawa said, to be a great director, you must first become a great screenwriter.  Still working on that.

That's awesome! Spielberg didn't become a great screenwriter, and I think he turned out alright. ;) (Though taste in screenplays is his biggest weakness.)

Do you direct any solo films?

23 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

The character gives me the creeps.  Ugh, repulsive in tangible form.

A great tragic villain.

10 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Do you direct any solo films?

Nah, I had no involvement with the Solo B-roll team;)

Seriously, I haven't directed anything yet. That might possibly change before long, what with university opportunities.   

Halloween preview to some pretty damn fine reviews. Hope that reality continues when it opens. 

20 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

EDIT: Oh crap, Giacchino's scoring it. This looks like it could be out of his comfort zone, maybe this will be good for him!

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28597-michael-giacchinos-bad-times-at-the-el-royale-2018/

I was asking a genuine question, I don't know all the differences between British English and American English.  I know they spell "color" as "colour" and "tire" as "tyre" and a bunch of others, but hadn't seen "fayre" before.  That's all.

17 hours ago, John said:

Wes Anderson’s Next Movie Confirmed as a 1950s-Set Musical Comedy in a Fictional French City.

This is the most Wes Anderson thing I've ever heard of, and I can't wait.

Jesus I hate the clickbait movie news blog industry.

And when it comes to crafting original music for his films, Anderson usually turns to Mark Mothersbaugh, co-founder of the band Devo. Should Anderson want to use original compositions for his untitled musical, it stands to reason that Mothersbaugh might be involved.

Like, how do you have that job and not know, or at least just bother look up and see, that Mothersbaugh hasn't scored an Anderson film since 2004?

• 2 weeks later...

Who's he playing? Is it that silver haired wholesome US icon from the sixties who I have noticed endless references to in countless American media over the years? Jesus, is this the most cloying Hanks role yet? No mean feat!