Upcoming Films

Quintus

He realizes times does not stand still for him so he will make them fast. He's got to leave a few more flicks behind for his legacy. People do crazy things when they realize they are running out of time. Mark my words, soon Malick will announce he'll be making Badlands 2.

Alex - looking forward to it

I think that describes Ridley Scott, not Malick ;)

I'm interested to see how it all turns out. This is the busiest he's ever been in his whole career, and it's the first time he has reused actors. Penn in The Tree Of Life was a first.

Wow that was literally one of the weirdest trailers I've ever seen. Looks interesting. Would be cool if those 2 actors are the only ones in the entire movie (But I saw a third actor's name at the end)

Apparently it's not actually a true reboot--it'll be a sequel that follows the continuity of the previous three but will largely (completely?) dispense with the main live action cast...if I'm understanding this right.

No trailer yet? I hope it's going to be one of those good Tim Burton movies (Ed Wood, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd). The topic seems to be right up his alley. I'm looking forward to this (even though that thingy he did for Disney was horrible).

Alex

Yeah, Burton is pretty unpredictable. But even if the movie's no good, you can almost always expect some impressive art direction and a great main title cue by Danny Elfman.

Ugh, that looks like it'd really, really irritate me. Dreadful. I don't want to see conspicuous 'homages' to the masters of the genre thank you very much. This looks so try-hard it's cringy.

I think I'll watch the real deal instead, if the mood takes me.

Jesus Christ. Aside from some extra weight, Johnny Depp looks no different in those photos than he did in the early 90s. I thought he got old and fat a couple years ago? Maybe it was for a role.

I hope I age that well.

We need a movie version of The Fresh Prince of Bell Air.

Indubitably!

(I have always wanted to use that word so I just went for it as I saw an opening)

• 2 weeks later...

Not justifying it at all. Just pointing out that they aren't inventing a son he never had 4 films later.

Obviously I wish the series had stopped after 3 films like any sane person

Christopher Nolan's longtime cinematographer Wally Pfister is getting set to direct his feature film debut, from a screenplay by new writer Jack Paglen. The movie is untitled for the time being (the plot is under wraps too), but it's being fast-tracked for an early fall shooting date. Alcon Entertainment is producing the film, where it has a distribution deal with Warner Brothers.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/alcon-sets-helming-debut-for-dark-knight-rises-cinematographer-wally-pfister/

Will he follow his close friend and hire Zimmer to score? Or will Pfister go for a more orchestral composer?

New poster for Wrath Of The Titans.

Prepare!

home.jpg

underwhelming.