Upcoming Films

Quintus

I am waiting anxiously for William Henry Harrison the Werewolf Smiter which will surely be the next logical step as a prequel to that Lincoln film. Or maybe they'll film William Howard Taft the Ninja and Pirate Smasher.

Although many of you have probably seen it already, I might as well put up the trailer for Prometheus.

See here: http://www.jwfan.com...ndpost&p=794747

Ya, I noticed that. But I'd thought I'd post in on the this thread too. Hope that wasn't too silly of me. :P

And here's a new trailer for Abraham Lincoln: The Vampire Hunter

Wow. Spielberg went crazy on this one!

Can't wait for Williams score for this one! Maybe we'll hear a bit of his Dracula material for this score, its been a while since his last "horror" score ;)

Who cares, we've got the original Turtles movie.

They've tried repeatedly to re-invent this series and market it to younger audiences or girls...whatever. It's never been a great success following the first movies and the cartoon. It should be dark a violent when it's on film. It should not be aimed at children, but being compatible with children is fine (even if it freaks them out, like Raph screaming after Splinter is kidnapped).

I wasn't very pleased by this news either. If this is made I really hope to god it fails miserably. I love the 2007 animated movie. I also love the original Turtles film and Turtles 2. I like Turtles 3 to some degree but over all it's not as memorable as the other two. Of course I grew up watching the original Ninja Turtles cartoon series.

EVERYONE knows the origin story of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. For Michael Bay to try and say they're aliens is complete BULLSHIT. No one is going to believe that, no matter how "good" the plot / story will be. Hell even the makers of the animated 2007 film knew the origin story when they were making it. Hell it was basically a continuation of the original films, even Turtles 3 got recognition at the end when we see Splinter looking at his collection.

Either way as someone who really likes the Ninja Turtles, I for one will NOT be seeing this movie if it is made.

Grant I did sort of have a negativity towards the reboot for Spider-Man. However, after seeing the full theatrical trailer for it, it actually looks promising and I do want to see that.

This though... good god no. Michael Bay just leave shit like this alone!

First your lightsabre av, and now this... heh heh - you really are a ginormous nerd, Trent!

I never thought I'd see the day where a Teenage Ninja Turtles fan is genuinley outraged at the thought of a Transformers director working on their apparently beloved cartoon franchise thingy.

Ninja.Turtles.

Lord give me strength.

I don't care that Michael Bay is directing it. Uwe Boll or McG could direct it, I don't care.

I care that he is turning the Turtles into aliens. That's sacrilege.

Then again, aliens are hip and stylish, and might be the only way they could think of to resurrect the franchise without seeming like "same old same old."

Hmmm...so if the only way to resurrect a franchise is to undermine it...DON'T RESURRECT IT!

Clearly I don't get the appeal of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

But on then on the other hand, you are only three people. Hmm...

Perhaps the whole western world is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mad; and it's just me who is out of touch. Hmm...

The person who was the voice for the original Michelangelo in the first film is not very happy about the Michael Bay news.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2012/03/20/original_tmnt_star_blames_michael_bay_?referer=Fark

Personally I don't blame him.

Quint, a lot of times I can be a nerd yes, but proud of it damn it! :P lol

My gf calls me a nerd regarding my love for film scores but I just stick my tongue out at her and say, "Yup and damn proud of it!".

I don't think anybody who posts at JWFan is in a position to call anybody else a nerd.

On the contrary - I think you have a very obtuse opinion of alternative music enthusiasts. Tip: don't presume we're all like you ;)

Quint, a lot of times I can be a nerd yes, but proud of it damn it! :P lol

My gf calls me a nerd regarding my love for film scores but I just stick my tongue out at her and say, "Yup and damn proud of it!".

This I cannot argue with. I find you an unassailable mystery, Trent!

Michael Bay will TAINT our childhood with this film.

~*~

Nerd is a derogatory slang term for a person typically described as intellectual, socially-impaired, and obsessive who spends inordinate amounts of time on unpopular, obscure, or highly technical pursuits, or relating to topics of fiction or fantasy, to the exclusion of more mainstream activities.[1][2][3] Nerds are considered to be awkward, shy, and unattractive.[4] Thus, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by others, or will tend to associate with a small group of like-minded people. As with other pejoratives, nerd has been reappropriated by some as a term of pride and group identity.

~*~

Hmmm...we're all nerds.

Can't wait to see the Three Stooges, looks like they nailed it.

absolutely not, I've always loved the Three Stooges. The original three that is. Moe, Larry, Curly.

Sorry if slapstick humor isn't one of your tastes.

you're probably more interested in the sophisticated humor of Judd Apatow and his cronies like Jonah Hill, and films that say fuck every 3 seconds and then someone hits a bong or roach.

I grew up watching the Stooges and love all the old Stooge shorts

The new film looks absolutely TERRIBLE. They completely missed, it's NOTHING like the old shorts, its a disaster. I mean cameos from the Jersey Shore? Really? Awful

well we'll see. I think making fun of Jersey shore is fine.

For the Stooges? This is nothing like the Stooges that we grew up watching. First of all, they were real people and not characters, they literally embodied what was on screen and I think many think its foolish to think others capture that feeling that the originals were able to emote. What's next, Laurel & Hardy and Abbot and Costello revivals? These were real people, playing thinly veiled characters but never straying far from what they knew. These are three actors who, besides the one playing Moe whom I've never heard of, have never been very successful on their own comedicaly and now we are supposed to believe they can inhibit three of the best slapstick actors ever?

Personally, I'm just ashamed that Larry David is in this utter piece of garbage. If it somehow manages to be even decent I'll be shocked but considering the Farrelly's output in the last decade and what has been shown so far I have zero faith in this. I stick to watching the classics off AMC on the weekends.

Wow, that's pretty graphic for a movie trailer.

Ahh, the beauty of Croenberg.

And as Quint said, I don't the man ever left and this looks like a Croenberg film if I've ever seen one.

The only thing I feel a bit sour about is the casting of Robert Pattinson. I've yet to see a single satisfying performance from him and I was not aware that he was casted for this film. Would he be suitable?

That Cronenberg thingie ... What you see is probably just in the head of the characters ... the 'magic' effect of a new drug in the future. Am I right?

It looks like Crash with bullet holes. Maybe it ends with a strobe lit sex scene between the leads as Blaine from Predator unloads his chaingun on them in slo-mo.

Or they can jump back a few minutes in time. Pattinson shoots through his hand just for kicks and then undoes what he has done by going back in time.

For the Stooges? This is nothing like the Stooges that we grew up watching. First of all, they were real people and not characters, they literally embodied what was on screen and I think many think its foolish to think others capture that feeling that the originals were able to emote. What's next, Laurel & Hardy and Abbot and Costello revivals? These were real people, playing thinly veiled characters but never straying far from what they knew. These are three actors who, besides the one playing Moe whom I've never heard of, have never been very successful on their own comedicaly and now we are supposed to believe they can inhibit three of the best slapstick actors ever?

Personally, I'm just ashamed that Larry David is in this utter piece of garbage. If it somehow manages to be even decent I'll be shocked but considering the Farrelly's output in the last decade and what has been shown so far I have zero faith in this. I stick to watching the classics off AMC on the weekends.

it's easy to dismiss when you haven't seen it. I disagree that they were playing 3 real people. They were characters, or charicatures. I seriously doubt that Moe could pull all of that hair out of Larry's head, time after time.

For the record the 3 Stooges were actually 6. Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp, Curly Joe, and Joe.

Not real is the actual sense, but in the same way that a lot of comedians were doing at the time. They had a certain character and that is what they did. If you do something as much as the Stooges did, its only logical that eventually the two tend to meld together. I'm sure a lot of the real men eventually came through those characters and eventually I'm sure they adapted character traits into their personal lives. Maybe Larry had a very deceptively thick head of hair? :lick:

Yes, its easy to bash something when it hasn't come out, but previews are meant to portray not only the feeling and tone of the movie, but showcase the best the film has to offer. John Carter has taught many that fact may not always be the case, but its more tried and true than most. And considering not only the subject matter, I will be incredibly shocked if we see a massively different film than what I've seen in the trailers and commercials.

And as far as I'm concerned, there are only 4 Stooges: Moe, Larry, Curly, and Shemp. I refuse to accept the other two as Stooges.

the quality dips with Curly Joe and Joe but they still have their moments. Shemp was loveable.

Look extreme Slapstick isn't for many these days, as I said most find humor in bongs, and roach clips, and extreme vulgarity. Simulated violence is a no no. For what it's worth I think in the latest clip it appears that all three have got there Stooges down. I'm not real worried about the quality of the film in that no Stooges film was quality to begin with. If they nail the performances as the stooges that's all the will matter. Nyuck nyuck nyuck, certainly.