Upcoming Films

Quintus

Oh. Good. They've spent millions of dollars to film my biggest pet peeve EVER.

(Not only did we not fake the moon landing but we could not have faked the moon landing.)

23 hours ago, Tallguy said:

(Not only did we not fake the moon landing but we could not have faked the moon landing.)

I feel a Jerry Goldsmith score coming on :lol:

On 08/04/2024 at 3:58 PM, Tallguy said:

Maybe the studios now think the multitudes of tinfoil-hatted crazies online equate to a large and lucrative target market? 

Coming soon ... Flat Earth, Australia's Not Real and Chemtrails!  

23 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Maybe the studios now think the multitudes of tinfoil-hatted crazies online equate to a large and lucrative target market? 

Coming soon ... Flat Earth, Australia's Not Real and Chemtrails!  

Australia is definitely real. I followed a chemtrail down a perfectly flat road to get there.

On 26/01/2024 at 10:34 PM, Edmilson said:

EXCLUSIVE: In an arguable first for a Disney+ movie, Disney is contemplating a theatrical release for the Daisy Ridley starring, Joachim Rønning directed feature take of Glenn Stout’s Young Woman and the Sea after the picture scored in the high 90s.

Deadline is hearing that a May 31 theatrical release date is being eyed with a big global campaign, further boosted by a Summer Olympics 2024 campaign tied to the movie’s Disney+ release over the summer. These dates aren’t ironclad, and could still be flexible. Presumably, talent needs to be looped in on their deals as this film goes from streaming to theatrical.

https://deadline.com/2024/01/daisy-ridley-young-woman-and-the-sea-disney-theatrical-release-1235806172/

On 30/09/2022 at 1:46 PM, Jay said:

Ruben Fleischer to Direct Now You See Me 3

He directed Zombieland (1 & 2), 30 Minutes or Less, Gangster Squad, Venom 1, and Uncharted

Ariana Greenblatt Joins ‘Now You See Me 3’ For Lionsgate

This girl is a franchise queen already

All we need is Walton Goggins - the biggest star to be. He is going to break out with Fallout. God he is good. Have you seen the Shield (arguably the Wire that did not win Emmys but was as good)? Goggins is beyond belief in that role.

Watch Fallout, love Goggins - you will.

19 minutes ago, thestat said:

All we need is Walton Goggins - the biggest star to be. He is going to break out with Fallout. God he is good. Have you seen the Shield (arguably the Wire that did not win Emmys but was as good)? Goggins is beyond belief in that role.

Watch Fallout, love Goggins - you will.

He's been around a minute, hasn't he? I had no idea. I knew him from Ant-Man and the Wasp and Community.

Yeah, he's been popular for 20+ years.  Fallout is far from his big break

Sounds like you don't watch Righteous Gemstones, Vice Principals, Justified.... he's been up to a lot since The Shield!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Yeah, he's been popular for 20+ years.  Fallout is far from his big break

Sounds like you don't watch Righteous Gemstones, Vice Principals, Justified.... he's been up to a lot since The Shield!

No. There was a lot of "peak TV" drama that just wasn't my cup of tea. I'm on the fence about Fallout. I hear it's great. And it's Jonathan Nolan. But I'm afraid it might be a bit too much for me.

My dad loved Justified.

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

True, but Cruise has had his fair share of unsuccessful (or should I say: unprofitable?) films.

Okay, maybe Tom Cruise was a bad example. What about Mel Gibson? 

If a star has a misfire, does that mean he is no longer a star? 

I'm using "star" in the most superficial leading man kind of sense. I didn't want to make the Cruise comparison just because of Powell's Top Gun connection.

No, I don't think Philip Seymour Hoffman was ever a star in this sense. An astonishing actor, but not a leading man star. I remember a friend of mine pointing out that in the 70's Walter Matthau of all people was this kind of star. As was Dustin Hoffman.

But Powell seems to be in his "Risky Business" phase. Or maybe even before. He hasn't had his Top Gun. (See why I was avoiding the Cruise comparison?) Top Gun was more like his Taps or The Outsiders. Is he going to be Tom Cruise or is he going to be Rob Lowe? I'm trying to think of someone who was going to be The Next Big Deal that then totally fell off the map. For a minute that was probably going to be Robert Downey Jr.

To me the last Big Star that we've had (and yes, I know I'm picking guys) was Matt Damon. We don't have many (any?) traditional Leading Men anymore. Henry Cavil might be getting there. But he's kind of a weird case. None of the Chrises (Pratt, Pine, Evans) seem to be able to open a movie.

Mel Gibson is good example. He became known because of Road Warrior but when did he become a reliable Star? It seems he was there by the time they made Thunderdome. If not then shortly after.

Alien probably put Sigourney Weaver on the map, but by the time she returned for Aliens she was as more of the draw on her own than as being the returning star (survivor) of Alien.

58 minutes ago, A24 said:

If a star has a misfire, does that mean he is longer longer a star? 

Depends on how many and for how long.

19 hours ago, Tallguy said:

What if Pixar made a Transformers movie?

I'm not sure what I think of this. If nothing else it looks fun. But it's kind of got Lightyear vibes.

I hope the movie is scored by someone along the lines of Tangerine Dream like Cliff Martinez or such instead of a composer known for standard action or animated flicks.

57 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

I'm using "star" in the most superficial leading man kind of sense. I didn't want to make the Cruise comparison just because of Powell's Top Gun connection.

No, I don't think Philip Seymour Hoffman was ever a star in this sense. An astonishing actor, but not a leading man star. I remember a friend of mine pointing out that in the 70's Walter Matthau of all people was this kind of star. As was Dustin Hoffman.

But Powell seems to be in his "Risky Business" phase. Or maybe even before. He hasn't had his Top Gun. (See why I was avoiding the Cruise comparison?) Top Gun was more like his Taps or The Outsiders. Is he going to be Tom Cruise or is he going to be Rob Lowe? I'm trying to think of someone who was going to be The Next Big Deal that then totally fell off the map. For a minute that was probably going to be Robert Downey Jr.

To me the last Big Star that we've had (and yes, I know I'm picking guys) was Matt Damon. We don't have many (any?) traditional Leading Men anymore. Henry Cavil might be getting there. But he's kind of a weird case. None of the Chrises (Pratt, Pine, Evans) seem to be able to open a movie.

Mel Gibson is good example. He became known because of Road Warrior but when did he become a reliable Star? It seems he was there by the time they made Thunderdome. If not then shortly after.

Alien probably put Sigourney Weaver on the map, but by the time she returned for Aliens she was as more of the draw on her own than as being the returning star (survivor) of Alien.

Depends on how many and for how long.

What about the other Tom ... Mr Hanks? I regard him as a 'marquee name'. 

10 minutes ago, dyemery said:

I hope the movie is scored by someone along the lines of Tangerine Dream like Cliff Martinez or such instead of a composer known for standard action or animated flicks.

Hmmm. The director is Josh Cooley, a Pixar guy. Specifically "Worked on a lot of MG scored Pixar films" guy.

9 hours ago, Tallguy said:

Hmmm. The director is Josh Cooley, a Pixar guy. Specifically "Worked on a lot of MG scored Pixar films" guy.

Aside from casting Keegan-Michael Key to voice Bumblebee, he hasn't hired any other past collaborators to work on the flick (from what I've seen listed on IMDB thus far).

I think he'd be smart enough to try and get someone different to score this flick that hasn't gotten too many action or animated credits on their resume like Cliff Martinez (originally apart of Red Hot Chili Peppers with Flea, who provided minor voiceover roles in Josh Cooley's previous projects like Riley's First Date? and Toy Story 4).