Upcoming Films

Quintus

2 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Isn't that what torrents are for?

But if they're on a limited internet plan, they need to plan their downloads carefully. These are big downloads in monthly allowances as low as 100gb sometimes. And again, time. No-one wants to commit two hours to a film that is likely to be a waste.

4 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

How do you know a movie is any good if you don't watch it?

People want to save money for good movies and not run the risk of wasting time and money on a bad movie. So they quickly look at an internet gauge to see what others say about it. It's all about home budgeting.

1 hour ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

They're not exactly manly lumberjacks either. Only Harrison Ford would qualify.

It's why he hated Blade Runner. It was too artistic and not enough of a crowd-pleaser.

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

Jay probably plays Pokemon Go or something. It's a huge phenomenon, to my utter bewilderment. 

My sister plays it. On two accounts, she actually bought an iPhone SE for it, next to the iPhone 7 she already has.

I've never played a Pokemon game in my life, I've never seen the show or any of the movies, and I certainly didn't even install Pokemon Go let alone play it.  It's a game series that has completely passed me by.

People just a little younger than me love it though.  

I never got into Pokemon either. I was one of those annoying kids who was more or less disturbed by the premise of a world where kids and adults hunted for rare creatures to store in their tiny pocket balls.

I was in college when the first game came out.  Seemed like it was aimed at kids and I wasn't really spending free time in college playing a gameboy anyway

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

I just don't get Pokemon at all, especially with adults.

It's massive amongst adults. I don't get it either, tbh.

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

People just a little younger than me love it though.  

Neither my sister or Ren are younger than you. It has little to do with age apparently.