DONATIONS REQUIRED TO KEEP JWFAN RUNNING Read more... ×
Quintus

The Official Future Films Thread

From the director of Room, starring Domhnall Gleeson!

I've actually read the novel!  I remember it being very entertaining, Sarah Waters is a good novelist, I've read almost all of hers.

Hey look, another Elfman circus score.  Other than that (and that hardly is an attraction for everyone), there's not one single reason I can see for any one to look forward to this.

14 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I didn’t read the novel.  I remember it getting middling to negative reviews.

I remember the opposite but it certainly isnt a sequel to the Kubrick film. 

Kubrick killed the real hero in the Shining but Dick is very much a part of Dr. Sleep. Dick is also a hero in the Novel It. 

The Halloween reboot looks different and the same. I'm looking forward to Jamie Lee Curtis fighting Michael Myers while hanging off a dance pole like she did in True Lies

6 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

The Halloween reboot looks different and the same. I'm looking forward to Jamie Lee Curtis fighting Michael Myers while hanging off a dance pole like she did in True Lies

I'm kinda looking forward to it too.  The original is such a classic.  But the ONLY sequel I've actually liked was the first Halloween II.

Entertaining enough in a campy way.  I get the same kind of enjoyment out of 4 and 5.  I love the Scream Factory box set of all the Halloween movies that came out a few years ago.  I break it out every October!

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

And on top of that, apparently Zemeckis is working on a new adaptation of Roald Dahl's The Witches.  Can't wait for shitty lookin' mocap grand high witch...

I wouldn't really count on it. The Grand High Witch is one of those characters that you can create practically without too much hassle.

19 minutes ago, John said:

I wouldn't really count on it. The Grand High Witch is one of those characters that you can create practically without too much hassle.

I agree!  And it was already done perfectly in 1990!  Zemeckis will fill the movie with unnecessary CGI, mark my words.

11 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Yeah I actively disliked it. Thought it was a prime example of bad filmmaking.

Well I think this is a prime example of bad forum posting!

1 star out of 5!