Upcoming Films

Quintus

Have you ever suffered thru that pile? Peter Fonda is better but he was never....his dad or sister.

Wow, you might be right:

Awful acting, though, whoever it was

However, in this interview, Hopper claims to not have met Lynch prior doing Blue Velvet:

I was a fan of David’s from watching the Elephant Man and that science fiction thing he did down in Mexico. You know, with Dean Stockewell?

Dune?

Dune. Yes, of course. Dune. So I was given the part in Blue Velvet. I assumed my agent got it, or David requested me. I really don’t know. But I was given the part in Blue Velvet without ever having met David. And I called him in Wilmington [North Carolina, where Blue Velvet was shot]. He was having lunch with Kyle MacLachlan, Laura Dern, and Isabella Rossellini. I said "Listen David, I know we’ve never met, but believe me: I am Frank Booth."

https://www.gq.com/story/a-lost-phone-call-with-dennis-hopper

Wow. From FANTASIA, to this, in just 80 years. Someone really did a number.

Of course, it'll make a gazillion dollars, but that's only because there are those out there who will gorge themselves on anything with The Mouse's name, on it. Those poor people.

On 10/21/2020 at 9:34 PM, Edmilson said:

For me, it seems like an okay animated movie for kids.

You just answered your own question, there.

Once, Disney were pioneers. Now, they are just greedy, soulless, corporate nothings. They fired the only person with any real vision because he was supposed to have done something to women. Geez.

Watch the trailer again, and count-off the...ahem...homages: MULAN; INDIANA JONES; STAR WARS (especially TPM); just about every martial arts film, these days. Is that enough?

Millions of children (children! Fucking hell, they deserve much better than this!) will chow-down on their popcorn, and soak it up with Mountain Dew, blissfully unaware that they are being brainwashed by one of the most evil, and avaricious organizations on the face of the planet.

Apple has teamed up with A24 to produce a new sci-fi drama film titled Bride with Scarlett Johansson officially signing on to lead the project

Inspired by the classic monster Bride of Frankenstein, Bride is being described as a story centered around a woman that was created to be an ideal wife by a brilliant entrepreneur. When she rejects her creator, she’s forced to flee her confined existence, confronting a world that sees her as a monster. While on the run, she finds her true identity, her surprising power and the strength to remake herself as her own creation.

Will it be the sci-fi movie of the Twenties?

- '60s: 2001: A Space Odyssey

- '70s: Star Wars and Alien

- '80s: Blade Runner

- '90s: The Matrix 

- '00s: Donnie Darko

- '10s: ... Eh ...

- '20s: ... eh ... The Midnight Sky?

I think Interstellar was supposed to be the big sci-fi thing, but clearly dropped the ball.

One could argue that Ex Machina and Under the Skin (more the former than the latter) have had a fair amount of aesthetic influence on a lot of modern sci-fi TV and film. At least on the lower end of the budget. Plenty of off-brand knockoffs and parodies to be found on Netflix.

And if you consider Gravity sci-fi, that film has pretty much dictated the look of every big budget movie set in space in recent years, including this Clooney flick (there's clearly a very Gravity-esque action sequence).

22 hours ago, KK said:

And if you consider Gravity sci-fi, that film has pretty much dictated the look of every big budget movie set in space in recent years, including this Clooney flick (there's clearly a very Gravity-esque action sequence).

Which seems more exploitative than anything else. It turned The Martian from a good movie into a bad one. The Clooney one above is clearly best avoided. 

20 hours ago, Jay said:

The musician biopics keep a-coming!

And the Bowie estate did not give permission to use any of his music. How can they pull it off without the music?

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Michael Bay does COVID-19, COVID-20, COVID-21, COVID-22, and COVID-23, all in one movie. Huh. What will be the next - COVID-24?

1 hour ago, Sweeping Strings said:

It's Bay and yet I saw no attempt to defeat the virus with massive loud explosions. Pfft! 

Bay had nothing to do with this outside producing.