• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.
Quintus

The Official Future Films Thread

13078 posts in this topic

With looks great, I thought I covered Mr. Unsworth's invaluable contribution, Richard.

Has no idea Soderbergh had a new film coming out. Reminds me of old school Coen brothers, The Ladykillers and Raising Arizona. 

What's happened to Channing Tatum? He looks a bit.....swollen.

He probably gained weight for the role.

Nice to see Daniel Craig having fun for once.

14 hours ago, Jay said:

That was a year ago, dude!

14 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

He probably gained weight for the role.

Nice to see Daniel Craig having fun for once.

"I am in-car-cer-ate-ed."

Classic formula of dimwits in way over their head. Should be good fun. 

12 hours ago, Romão said:

Adam Driver has been building quite a career

He was good in INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIES, and he was the best thing about both TRACKS, and TFA (haven't seen SILENCE). We shall watch his career with great interest.

Watched the trailer - looks fun!  Or maybe I should say, looks like everyone had fun making it.

It looks VERY similar to Ocean's 11 in tone and style, for sure.

Impressive cast lineup at the end of the trailer there!

Finally!  Now the only thing working against the film is the fact that Gilliam hasn't made a good movie in 20 years!

Tom Cruise has re-teamed with Edge of Tomorrow director Doug Liman for "a biopic and drug thriller about a real-life commercial airline pilot who became a smuggler and later worked for the CIA and the DEA":

And it looks like it could be good fun!  Domhnall Gleeson co-stars!

Wow!  Doug Liman has been busy AF lately!

Yeah, he's always had a reputation as a real enfant terrible.

On 06/06/2017 at 3:29 AM, Koray Savas said:

And composers! Bennie, Jerry, Jamey H!

...John Barry...

YouTube just had a movie trailer in my feed for something called "Spiderman Homecoming". What is this? The main dude looked different again - is this yet another reboot? Lord give me strength! 

I bet you guys already know everything there is to know about this don't you, and are keeping an eye on it! 

On 08/06/2017 at 10:26 AM, Godzilla said:

Was he a cranky bugger?

Barbra Streisand thought so, that's why she fired him from THE PRINCE OF TIDES, and brought in...her - then - current squeeze.

On 6/10/2017 at 5:50 AM, Quintus said:

YouTube just had a movie trailer in my feed for something called "Spiderman Homecoming". What is this? The main dude looked different again - is this yet another reboot? Lord give me strength! 

I bet you guys already know everything there is to know about this don't you, and are keeping an eye on it! 

Sony's two recent reboot films didn't make enough money, so they signed a parternship with Fiege and the MCU where Fiege gets to oversee a new reboot of Spider-man but they are still made and distributed by Sony.  So this Spider-man was introduced in up in Captain America: Civil War last summer, and now he's getting his own movie this summer.  A sequel has already been greenlit, and he's appearing in Avengers 3 next summer as well

Worth it to get the wall crawler into the MCU.  What's another extra few seconds in the beginning for one more production company logo.

It shouldn't. The spine of the blu-ray case will have another logo -- it'll look out of place in my collection!

Kinda old news but not sure if it was mentioned. Somebody bought the movie rights to Andy 'The Martian'' Weir's latest novel Artemis so a movie is inevitable.

Artemis-Book-Cover-Andy-Weir-674x1024.jp

This time it's about the Moon.

Did you know that Armando Iannucci of Veep and The Thick of It fame was directing a movie about the death of Joseph Stalin?  I sure didn't, but I'm looking forward to it now.  The cast is incredible!

Appropriately enough, it's called The Death of Stalin.

Is Jeffrey Tambor playing Stalin? He'll look different with the Communist Party Chairman's distinctive, strongman head of hair.