Upcoming Films

Quintus

Right? I feel like it's been in the can for a while. 

I'm guessing Wes Anderson has the clout to have Searchlight not release it until all theaters are reopened

There's a new trailer for Johnny Depp's flick about investigating the murders of Tupac and Biggie

This things was filmed in 2016 then shelved after his legal troubles

On 02/03/2021 at 5:37 PM, Jay said:

On 03/03/2021 at 2:03 AM, AC1 said:

With Joaquin Phoenix as Napoleon!

Now we will have the TV series AND a movie!

I somehow completely missed the news that Ridley Scott already made ANOTHER movie in between The Last Duel and this Napoleon one!

He's got:

• The Last Duel - starring Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Jodie Comer, Ben Affleck - filmed from March to October 2020, releasing October 2021
  • House of Gucci - starring Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Adam Driver, Jared Leto, Jack Huston, Jeremy Irons - filming began Feb 2021, releasing November 2021
  • Kitbag - starring Joaquin Phoenix, Jodie Comer - filming begins early 2022

The man is keeping busy!

Remember the young boys that got stuck in a cave in Thailand? MGM will make a movie about their rescue, with a cast filled with Hollywood stars and Ron Howard directing.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/viggo-mortensen-colin-farrell-joel-edgerton-ron-howard-thai-cave-rescue-movie-mgm-thirteen-lives-bron-imagine-1234712218/

It would be great if this movie sets another collaboration with John Powell. But I think he'll go with Zimmer.

Is the Queen's Gamit really the first time you ever saw Anya Taylor Joy?  I already knew her from Split, Glass, and Radioactive and she was also in Peaky Blinders, The Witch, Morgan, Barry, Emma, New Mutants...

When websites (does it really matter which ones?) mention her name, they always make a reference to a movie or show of which they think people will easily recognize her from. In the case of Anya Taylor-Joy it happens to be 'The Queen's Gambit'. If I said "with Radioactive" instead of "with The Queen's Gambit", most people wouldn't have a clue. 

If you want to people to know who you are talking about, say Ridley 'Alien' Scott, not Ridley 'The Duellists' Scott.

More examples:

Say Chris 'Captain America' Evans, not Chris 'Injustice' Evans

Say Paul 'Sideways' Giamatti, not Paul 'Private Life' Giamatti.

On 3/13/2021 at 3:12 AM, Jay said:

Is the Queen's Gamit really the first time you ever saw Anya Taylor Joy?

Would it really matter if it was? Plenty of actors and actresses whose films or shows I've never seen.

That Cruella flick will be Disney+s next "$30 for 3 months, then free" deal, after Raya and ahead of Black Widow

https://deadline.com/2021/03/black-widow-cruella-disney-plus-theaters-day-and-date-release-1234720116/

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

That Cruella flick will be Disney+s next "$30 for 3 months, then free" deal, after Raya and ahead of Black Widow

https://deadline.com/2021/03/black-widow-cruella-disney-plus-theaters-day-and-date-release-1234720116/

Darn. I wanted to see how bonkers it ended up being. Just saw the sneak peek you linked and uh... wow. Oh well. I'll get to it eventually (maybe)

Turns out Disney actually moved a bunch of films yesterday

Black Widow May 7 -> July 9 and added $30 Premiere Access on Disney+

Free Guy May 21 -> August 13

Cruella May 28 -> same date, but added $30 Premiere Access on Disney+

Luca June 18 -> same date, but changed to a free Disney+ release
Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings July 9 -> September 3, 2021

Jungle Cruise July 30 -> no change!
Deep Water August 13 -> January 14, 2022
The King’s Man August 20 -> December 22, 2021

The Beatles: Get Back August 27 -> no change!
Death on the Nile Sep 17 -> February 11, 2022

The Last Duel Oct 15 -> no change!

Ron's Gone Wrong Oct 22 -> no change!

Eternals Nov 5 -> no change!

Encanto Nov 24 -> no change!
West Side Story Dec 10 -> no change!

Or, to look at their slate in another way

Cruella May 28, $30 Disney+

Luca June 18, free Disney+

Black Widow July 9, $30 Disney+

Jungle Cruise July 30

Free Guy August 13

The Beatles: Get Back August 27

Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings September 3

The Last Duel Oct 15

Ron's Gone Wrong Oct 22

Eternals Nov 5

Encanto Nov 24
West Side Story Dec 10

The King’s Man December 22

Deep Water January 14, 2022

Death on the Nile February 11, 2022

Basically, it looks like they are embracing digital home releases through mid-July then hoping for normal theatrical releases starting late July

I don't really get why they pushed Death on the Nile back from September into next year; It's not like moving Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings from July into September should really affect it, there's not a lot of crossover audience there

So sad for Black Widow's delay. Plus I really wanted to see it in theaters and saddly I'm not sure they'll be open in july

Otherwise I think The King's Man will never be released, to much delay for that one, soon it will beat New Mutants (but still behind Avatar 2 though :biglaugh:)

You don't think France's theaters will be open by July?

They'll be open here.  Maybe I'll see it at a drive in!

2 minutes ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

So sad for Black Widow's delay. Plus I really wanted to see it in theaters and saddly I'm not sure they'll be open in july

Where do you live? If you live in the US or Canada, I believe mass vaccinations will allow for theaters to be open by May or June.

Here in Brazil, the whole country is in Peak Covid. The authorities are trying to create lockdowns, but it hasn't been enough to contain the virus. I don't know when I will be able to watch a movie in theaters again.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

You don't think France's theaters will be open by July?

They'll be open here.  Maybe I'll see it at a drive in!

Lucky you.

I think France's theaters will stay closed for a while, I guess until the end of summer but I hope I'm wrong...

WB hasn't announced any new date changes yet, only Disney

You can bookmark this page to glance down and see up-to-date dates for the year's films

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_films_of_2021#October–December

3 hours ago, Jay said:

The Last Duel Oct 15 -> no change!

Now that Ridley Scott is back in form (All The Money In The World), I'm looking forward to The Last Duel  the most.

Damn, I just noticed that Death on the Nile is now scheduled for 2022. Guess they maybe want to reshoot it without Armie Hammer (like Scott did with Spacey few years ago). What's funny is that I succeded to get the poster in september 2020 for a movie which will be released in february 2022.

On 3/24/2021 at 6:18 PM, AC1 said:

Now that Ridley Scott is back in form (All The Money In The World), I'm looking forward to The Last Duel  the most.

Is The Last Duel a sequel to the first Duellists?

9 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Is The Last Duel a sequel to the first Duellists?

It's not.

ridley.jpg

From Wikipedia: The Last Duel  is based on the book The Last Duel: A True Story of Trial by Combat in Medieval France by Eric Jager, the screenplay is written by Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Nicole Holofcener.