Upcoming Films

Quintus

lol

He's already too old for that.

And too young for this:

Looks mildly interesting, but again, too synthetic. Instead of filming a miller up a windmill they shot a miller in front of a greenscreen.

Deliberate composition choice? My arse. Just shoot a man standing up a bloody windmill for heavens sake. It's a bit more expensive to mount, but absolutely worth it.

It's all about Breugel's paintings so my guess is that it would've been too expensive to build real sets that are true to the paintings. It looks different and odd enough for me to put it on my 'must see' list. Why don't you be your Quintsy self and concentrate on Men in black part3 or them Jack The Giant Killer movies? I mean, don't you know your place by now?

• 1 month later...

Those graphics look pretty bad and the first film was boring as hell. Any other reason to go see this piece of crap?

Well, there is Navarrete's score. I'd love to see what he comes up with! Obviously going to be a 100 times better than the Djawadi mess.

What, clearly Ramin provided a modern masterpiece that we're just all too stupid to recognize. ;-)

We have to come to accpet that we've gone from/to:

"The Day the Earth Sood Still"

Herrmann to Tyler Bates

"Conan the Barbarian"

Poledouris to Tyler Bates

"Clash of the Titans"

Barry > Rosenthal to Armstrong > Ramin Djawasometingorother

"Total Recall"

Poledouris > Goldsmith to Harry Greson-Williams

"Judge Dred"

Goldsmith > Arnold > two other composers > Alan Silvestri to Paul Leonard-Morgan

"Logan's Run"

Goldsmith to (unless it changes from until shooting) Johnny Jewel

"Superman"

John Williams to ?????. Been a while since we had Tyler Bates...

"Superman"

John Williams to ?????. Been a while since we had Tyler Bates...

With the new Superman film, its going to be "John Williams to Tyler Bates"

How interesting...

With the new Superman film, its going to be "John Williams to Tyler Bates"

How dissapointing...

Fixed!

I hope that people knew I was being sarcastic ;)

...or was I?

You cross your mind.

Still no Superman composer announced.

Oh, oops. Sorry, I forgot. Who knows? Maybe we'll have another composer fit for the task.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be hearing the theme anymore. And I've always believed that Superman couldn't fly without his theme :(

Someone needs to tell him that their is more to filmmaking than visuals. Can you do a film that just sweeping visuals without terrible dialogue and acting? Sure, The Artist proves that a silent film can still work, so maybe he should try this approach. I'm quite surprised Kubrick never did a non talkie as it seemed that all he ever cared about from 2001 was the mise en scene and that the rest took a back seat. But that's a different discussion.

Either way, both Snow White movies will be terrible. If they prove to be otherwise I will be utterly shocked.

You cross your mind.

Still no Superman composer announced.

If it was Tyler Bates, he would've signed on already. He was working on providing temp score for Watchmen as they were shooting that pic, as well as song arrangements for Sucker Punch with Marius de Vries.

I have a feeling it'll be someone else, since Snyder went with mostly new crew members for Superman (writers, cinematographer, editor). But if it's Bates, no big surprise.

Maybe finding a composer to fill those huge, HUGE boots is proving more difficult than anticipated. The new kids on the block I imagine are rather sensitive to what they read about themselves online on places like AICN. Can you imagine the potential backlash from those whom are fond of Williams' untouchable original?

It'll take a composer with balls to score it.

Looking back on the news, there was that false story that got around where Zimmer "said" he'd have to try and reinvent the music. Then there's the real one where he says he's working on Batman and has never thought about scoring a Superman film.

But he has said multiple times in the past that Williams is better than him. That's probably where my mind got it from.

Didn't Snyder say he initially wanted Zimmer, but Zimmer said no?

I think so. An admin for Superman Homepage visited the set in Illinois, and Zack Snyder said that Zimmer was the first composer he wanted to score Man of Steel. I'm curious if a further in-depth interview next year will reveal Snyder's other picks...

In response to the reaction of his refusal to take on the project, Zimmer said that messing with Williams' Superman theme would be like rewriting Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, or something like that.

Glad to know that the man still respects the maestro. Only God knows what Zimmer would have done with the theme....

Looks like God of War: The Movie.

Dreadful, but done right it could be good in an AvP sort of way.

However that is highly unlikely since the directors of this breed of movie usually do not have any concept of irony.

Looks like an overblown CGI crapfest if you ask me.

At least these flicks are supposed to be mildly entertaining if you shut your brain off...but God the first movie was so DAMN BORING! Maybe its partially due to the fact Sam Worthington can't act to save his life...

Looks like a huge pile of Titan shit. You could litterally NOT pay me enough to see that. If it were free on TV, I'd whip out and read Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" a sixth time.

I'll give Javier Navarette's score a chance, but I won't get hopes up too high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVPpc4pk6RE&feature=g-logo&context=G2787662FOAAAAAAAAAA

I don't if this has been posted already, but just thought I'd put it out anyways. The film definitely looks better than I thought it would (considering I thought it would be trash without the old director and Damon on board). Still don't think this will be as good as the trilogy though. And those Psycho transitions are so freakin' annoying when it takes up 90% of the trailer... I say bad trailer, but I am intrigued for the film.

Yeah, the effect is overdone in the trailer but it looks like, judging from the poster, that its going to be the asthetical theme for the movie so might as well get used to it.

Personally, I'm just glad to see a sationary camera again. For me, Identity was the best of the previous 3 as the steady cam was just way too overused in those film and was nauseating at times at theaters. Hopefully, Gillroy will create a more entertaining film than the last one of his that I saw (Dulplicity).

Gilroy is superb, and he wrote the previous films so it's not like he's new to the franchise. Duplicty was a bit too convoluted for its own good, but it was fun, which was the point. Michael Clayton is one of my favorite films of the 00s.