Upcoming Films

Quintus

Social Network was the most boring fking film I've ever watched. haven't seen the tatoo film, yet, but plan too, the swedish version was not too good. I've heard fincher's version is better in every way.

He is actually quite solid these days. Both The Social Network and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo were excellent.

The Social Network was one of the better films of that year. I did not expect that.

I'm pretty psyched for this upcoming Hitchcock film. Heres an image of Anthony Hopkins posing as Hitchcock that they released yesterday.

tumblr_m2p2biSk6l1r091sko1_r1_500.jpg

Yes, he doesn't quite look like Hitchcock really...but I'm pretty excited to see what Hopkins' usual bravados will bring to the table!

That's brilliant!

See Chaac? Not everything looks awful to me :P I am genuinely looking forward to this film :)

That's brilliant!

See Chaac? Not everything looks awful to me :P I am genuine excited for this film :)

;) I have seen some people complain about this film, but if it happens to contain something cool to tell it may as be imply the making of another film, who cares.

Plus it must contain Bennie somewhere.

Edit: I just checked the cast list and I can't see Bennie in there. Why is that? :(

I would have never figured that was Hitchcock, personally I think it looks utterly awful. The concept for this film is not enticing.

Perhaps not, but the idea of Hopkins taking on the role of Hitchcock is at the very least an intriguing idea.

Just saw the trailer for Dark Shadows. It looks like this one will take it's place with other visually stunning but otherwise mediocre Burton films (Beetlejuice, Batman, etc.).

Could this be a sequel decades later which I actually want? http://www.totalfilm.com/news/robert-de-niro-talks-midnight-run-2?ns_campaign=news&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=totalfilm&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

The original is one of those quintessential comfort movie's which I love stumbling upon when everyone gone to bed.

John Hillcoat and Nick Cave's latest. Look past the terrible trailer editing and Tom Hardy's accent and it seems like there's a superb movie under there. My most anticipated after Dominik's Killing Them Softly.

Also looking forward to this. If Spike Jones' and Michel Gondry's movies had a baby, it'd be this:

It's going to be a green screen film. I haven't see the Ralph Bakshi film but this one might be good.

It's quite entertaining, but like most of fantasy films from the 80's, it can be extremly stupid and highly inconsistent. The animation can be breathaking at times, but then it can get really sloppy... It's a mixed bag.

I recently watched a 35mm copy of it on the big screen (awesome!) and it was a lot better than I remembered. It's a kind of film that it's meant to be seen on the big screen, although if you wanna watch it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqgETS_xvNM

PS: Yay por Powell on HTTYD 2 and 3!

I love the Frazetta look to that.

That kind of animation, when it's very well done, it's mindblowing. I tried to animate once in that manner like 3 or 4 seconds of a dinosaur using a cassowary video as a model I didn't even finish it, it's a pain in the ass.

kurtzmand and orci have been assigned by Universal studios to write reboots of the Mummy and Van Helsing. Please somebody shoot these two hacks and save the world from their s*** writing.

Wasn't The Mummy with Brendan Fraser itself just an A-list reboot of the classic mummy movies that Universal made back in the days of black and white?

Give it a break, guys, Hollywood has run out of ideas.

And only ten years or so will have transpired between "first installments" of their respective Spider-Man franchises by the time "The Amazing" hits theaters. Only by boycotting these repeat trips to the salad bar to feed us rotten cabbage can we hope to put a sizable dent in Hollywood's wallet.

I heard on a local radio station that Tom Cruise gave an interview recently where he declared that before Mission Impossible 5 hits theaters, we would be treated to Top Gun 2. Come on...

Wasn't The Mummy with Brendan Fraser itself just an A-list reboot of the classic mummy movies that Universal made back in the days of black and white?

Give it a break, guys, Hollywood has run out of ideas.

I must say my opinion of the Mummy has changed dramatically over the years. It's really a decent film and it has held up fairly well. At the least it can be viewed as a guilty pleasure. Of course the original has a mood and tone that is quite terrific but it is slowly paced and the ritalin affected generation cannot handle such.

I'm less bothered about another take of the Mummy as I am about Kurtzman and Orci, they are fking idiots and yet in such demand. I mean look at the utter crap the wrote for Star Trek and Transformers 2. Calling them idiots is an insult to idiots. People who think James Cameron cannot write ought to take a look at these two morons.

I do sometimes, but don't love it. besides they are not the writers for each episode.

Clearly you don't watch Fringe

Who does? Don't they know we have quality TV shows these days?

Just kidding, never saw it.

The Mentalist made it to 5 seasons but that doesn't mean I'm gonna watch it.

BTW, last night I watched eppy 7 from Game Of Thrones S1 and it's really on a roll now after a rather boring first 4 episodes.

Alex

I must say I don't think I was bored a single time during the first season. Season 2 has a couple of shaky episodes though, but then again the scope opens right up compared to s1 so it must be bloody difficult for the makers to keep the vision.

It recently got renewed for a 5th season, I believe.

Yes, Fringe was renewed for a 5th and final season of 13 episodes, bringing the total episodes to 100.

It's a good show, especially post-season 1.

The Mentalist made it to 5 seasons but that doesn't mean I'm gonna watch it.

BTW, last night I watched eppy 7 from Game Of Thrones S1 and it's really on a roll now after a rather boring first 4 episodes.

Alex

you watch a soap opera about men smoking cigarettes but you miss a compelling, humorous and well acted program like the mentalist. do you watch days of our lives as well.

funny how a show that nobody watched is so praised.

The Mentalist is retard crap, Joe. I don't know anyone who can watch that show for more than 1 minute. To be clear, I don't watch shit like Castle, The Mentalist, The Closer, CSI Miami, NCIS Los Angeles, et cetera ...

The Mentalist is retard crap, Joe. I don't know anyone who can watch that show for more than 1 minute. To be clear, I don't watch shit like Castle, The Mentalist, The Closer, CSI Miami, NCIS Los Angeles, et cetera ...

instead you watch purile soap operas, I get it, they are more your speed. paint by numbers stuff.

Soap operas? Like Neighbours? The Bold And The Beautiful? No, I don't like those at all so I guess Mad Men is a different beast after all.

Then again, TESB is often called a soap opera as well. It's one of the reasons why I still prefer Star Wars (1977).

Mad Men is a soap opera nothing more, with higher production values.

That's what they say about Game Of Thrones. It's Dynasty with zombies. Mad Men is without these crude and enlarged dramatics and plays more like a subtle study about social and corporate life in the '60s. It's the little observations about life and human behaviour that make the show.