Upcoming Films

Quintus

In other news, the TRANSFORMERS 2 trailer seems more retarded than the first. I can see this crap making a ridiculous amount of money.

If it has the same chick playing in it, we have no other choice but to see it!

Alex

No, it's a different actress. Isn't it? She looks kinda the same, but she isn't credited for the first film.

Hmm, that's right. Weird as she's also Australian and does look exactly the same.

Maybe it's a recast, cause the Aussie from the first film is not in the sequel. But they have different names.

Well, if the characters have different names then its not a recast. Simply another Australian cast for a small role.

Doesn't really require any further analysis.

Just saw the trailer for GI Joe. I could've sworn I was watching a trailer for Transformers 2 until about half way through. Both of these films look absolutely terrible.

Well at least we know the odds are favorable that GIJoe will have a much better score than Transformers 2.

Honestly, I don't really think the trailers for Star Trek have been that great. The only really good one was the teaser, all those that contain footage from the film have been disapointing IMO. I'm still anticipating it a great deal because I love the original series, but I'm not really expecting it to be that great.

It's looking more and more likely that Star Trek is going to just destroy every other movie this summer. They all suck.

What makes you think you will like Star Trek? I mean, it's a total reboot. They removed everything what you liked about it. And you are happy about that? Clearly, the new Star Trek is made for those who had it with the old school Star Trek. In fact, it's made not to resemble Star Trek.

Alex

It's looking more and more likely that Star Trek is going to just destroy every other movie this summer. They all suck.

What makes you think you will like Star Trek? I mean, it's a total reboot. They removed everything what you liked about it. And you are happy about that? Clearly, the new Star Trek is made for those who had it with the old school Star Trek. In fact, it's made not to resemble Star Trek.

Alex

It has Leonard Nimoy!

Aren't these the so-called fanboys? I thought you only cared for the top critics.

I do, but if a movie has 100% overall, wouldn't that mean it has 100% with Top Critics? I think so.

Alex

It has Leonard Nimoy!

:lol:

I would disagree that they removed everything I liked about Star Trek and it's not made to resemble it. According to everything we've heard JJ Abrahms and co. have pulled of nothing less than a miracle in making a movie that appeals to fans and non-fans alike. The casting looks great, backed up by the clips that have been released so far. The movie's been buried in positive buzz from the start, and nothing that's been said since screenings started have contradicted that.

JJ Abrams' Star Trek is not going to reach inside of your bedroom and throw every existing Star Trek video/DVD/book/game, and then into your head and throw your memories, all into a pile on the floor, light a match, and burn them up in one spectacular conflagration of canon-busting firestorm.

If you think that it will, or suspect that its violations of canon will be worse than a National Lampoon's retelling of the Holy Gospel, then please don't watch Star Trek. Clutch your Star Trek memories close, hold them tight, and shiver against the long cold nights.

All you people who call yourselves Star Trek fans but are afraid of JJ Abrams raping your childhood, please keep in mind that a trip down memory lane regarding Star Trek canon and storytelling requires a salad bar mentality as to how picky and choosy previous Trek generations were with established canon.

It's been 13 years since we've had a really good Star Trek movie. I'd like to see this movie come close, and I think it will.

Aren't these the so-called fanboys? I thought you only cared for the top critics.

I do, but if a movie has 100% overall, wouldn't that mean it has 100% with Top Critics? I think so.

Don't you have to wait for the film to be released and for all the ratings to be in? Watch Men also had a super high score before the official release. Back then, everyone said it meant nothing. How come it is different now?

I caught At The Movies last night and they gave it a good review. I don't really go to these new guys that much, but I liked the fact that they said that this was a character driven movie and the effects are only used to compliment the story, not make it. That pretty much just confirms to me the idiocracy I have seen on other boards where people have been up in arms because they can't differentiate advertising from the actual movie.

Either way, I'm seeing it this weekend. :music:

I would've gone alone if I had to, but luckily I've been able to get a babysitter who'll take my son for the whole night, so I'm taking my wife to the midnight showing on Wednesday.

Francis Coppola's next movie

. I'm more interested in this than Youth without Youth, and hope Coppola knows what to cut out this time.

Hugh Jackman and Seed Productions partner John Palermo are developing several projects for the X-Men Origins: Wolverine star, reports Variety.

Fox and Seed are in development on a sequel to "Wolverine." The Seed partners have begun planning the sequel, which they are squarely focusing on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series, says the trade.

Well at least we know the odds are favorable that GIJoe will have a much better score than Transformers 2.

We know that the Hannah Montana movie will have a much better score than Transformers 2, as well. I do wish Silvestri would start scoring less bombastic films. Still, hopefully GIJoe will provide a setting colorful enough for a more varied score than something like Beowulf.

Hugh Jackman and Seed Productions partner John Palermo are developing several projects for the X-Men Origins: Wolverine star, reports Variety.

Fox and Seed are in development on a sequel to "Wolverine." The Seed partners have begun planning the sequel, which they are squarely focusing on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series, says the trade.

I'll put this in spoiler text, for those who still want to see it. According to Wikipedia, there were some theatrical versions of the movie where the decapitated Wade/Deadpool reaches for his head, opens his eyes, and whispers "Ssshh" to the audience. This was not shown in the version I saw, as my theatrical viewing showed two scenes after the movie's end: during the credits, they showed the military catching up to Stryker, who was still walking; and after the credits, they showed Logan ordering a drink in a bar from an Asian waitress, saying he was drinking to remember. That's it.

That unique scene would support the stories of them wanting to make a Deadpool spinoff movie. In addition to the Magneto: Origins movie, as well as an X-Men: First Class movie that's rumored to show young Cyclops, Jean, and Storm at Xavier's school, there's a lot of money to milk from this franchise.

But if they're going to screw up the franchise on a grand scale, do it right. Film the Age of Apocalypse stories. Go ahead. I dare them.

We know that the Hannah Monatana movie will have a much better score than Transformers 2, as well.

:P

I'll put this in spoiler text, for those who still want to see it. According to Wikipedia, there were some theatrical versions of the movie where the decapitated Wade/Deadpool reaches for his head, opens his eyes, and whispers "Ssshh" to the audience. This was not shown in the version I saw, as my theatrical viewing showed two scenes after the movie's end: during the credits, they showed the military catching up to Stryker, who was still walking; and after the credits, they showed Logan ordering a drink in a bar from an Asian waitress, saying he was drinking to remember. That's it.

That unique scene would support the stories of them wanting to make a Deadpool spinoff movie. In addition to the Magneto: Origins movie, as well as an X-Men: First Class movie that's rumored to show young Cyclops, Jean, and Storm at Xavier's school, there's a lot of money to milk from this franchise.

But if they're going to screw up the franchise on a grand scale, do it right. Film the Age of Apocalypse stories. Go ahead. I dare them.

The multiple endings have been confirmed. I just hope that since this has been a modest success, there'll be a lot less studio meddling in the second one.

And I'd prefer Onslaught to Age of Apocalypse.

I personally didn't mind the first one as much as many others. Sure, it was closer to so-bad-it's-good, but I though it had its moments. I'm mildly looking forward to this one.

Ridley Scott, Terry Gilliam and Neil Gaiman haved watched it and they all loved it! This makes me even more anxious to see it!

Ridley Scott, Terry Gilliam and Neil Gaiman haved watched it and they all loved it! This makes me even more anxious to see it!

I'm very interested in it (I'm interesting in anything all three of those people could recommend), however, the trailer does make it seem rather close to Solaris, thematically speaking. I hope it goes in a different direction.