Upcoming Films

Quintus

15 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Do grown ups watch these films? The ones that don't have kids, I mean.

Quintus is probably forced too.

If I take the kids to the cinema I have to selfishly make sure it is quality and something I don't mind seeing myself. I simply refuse to sit through Minions movies and merchandise minded trash like that with them, their mum can go instead. The last movie she took them to was Angry Birds. Sod that lark. 

23 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

So not! (the music alone is a warning sign!)

The music in a trailer has nothing to do with the music in the film 99% of the time

17 minutes ago, Quintus said:

If I take the kids to the cinema I have to selfishly make sure it is quality and something I don't mind seeing myself. I simply refuse to sit through Minions movies and merchandise minded trash like that with them, their mum can go instead. The last movie she took them to was Angry Birds. Sod that lark. 

You're gonna drag your youngest to Rogue One, arent you? And the whole audience will have to sit to yet another two hours of him asking "Where's Luke?"

It fits the tone of the movie, Jay. It's only one of the many warning signs that you don't pick up on. Remember that you said The 5th Wave look good too? :eh:  Your trailer reading skills aren't to be trusted!

I don't know why they're making a sequel to Jumanji with Kevin Hart, The Rock, Karen Gillan, and Jack Black, but here we are

On 9/19/2016 at 0:06 PM, Alexcremers said:

More good (old) news!

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/03/paul-thomas-anderson-daniel-day-lewis-fashion-drama

PTA and Daniel Day-Lewis reunited!

(and it feels so good)

Excited about this. Can't wait.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Well, this looks good

Meh.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

She's not that thin!

Remember, she's European. ?

(sharp intake of breath) Don't call her that, she's Scottish! 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Someone give Karen Gillan a sandwich

With you as the filling, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

(sharp intake of breath) Don't call her that, she's Scottish! 

Americans won't know what or where Scotland is though. Most can barely find Europe on a map. I was dumbing down for the yanks.

On 9/21/2016 at 3:49 PM, Jay said:

Watch Evelyn then, or American Ultra.  Both were way better than John Wick

American Ultra was terrible.  To even compare John Wick to it is just not fair. 

Ultra is a comedy with some action written by Max Landis (terrible writer btw) while Wick was a nice old school action film with tremendous action scenes.  John Wicks' story was stupid and simple, but that's not the important stuff.  Its an action movie through and through and delivers immensely with a nice world with the assassins built in but not in your face.  American Ultra couldn't decide what it wanted to be and didn't do comedy or action well.

11 hours ago, Wycket said:

American Ultra was terrible.  To even compare John Wick to it is just not fair. 

Ultra is a comedy with some action written by Max Landis (terrible writer btw) while Wick was a nice old school action film with tremendous action scenes.  John Wicks' story was stupid and simple, but that's not the important stuff.  Its an action movie through and through and delivers immensely with a nice world with the assassins built in but not in your face.  American Ultra couldn't decide what it wanted to be and didn't do comedy or action well.

I didn't think the action in John Wick was well-done, though.  It got repetitive very early

Have you seen Evelyn?  That's a "simple" action movie I can get behind!

Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ Lands Oscar-Season Release Date

New Scorsese coming out 12/23.

Weird to me that this movie is coming out in 3 months and no composer is announced.  For a movie like Wolf of Wall Street, it makes sense to use licensed music for the soundtrack, but a movie like Silence is begging for a wonderful Howard Shore score.

I hope it doesn't mean that Scorsese is going to use classical music recordings or something (not that that would be bad necessarily, I'd just prefer an original score).

On 4/19/2016 at 1:40 PM, Jay said:

On 4/27/2016 at 10:51 AM, Jay said:

Add 3 more projects to her list - Hamlet reimagining Ophelia, Chaos Walking, and a new live action / CGI hybrid Peter Rabbit film.

She sure is keeping busy, good lord

9 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I hadn't thought of this, but it would certainly fit the title!

I believe Howard Shore composed a score for this but was rejected -or maybe only got hired but never wrote a note. Nevertheless as far as we know he was actually hired and supposed to do it, but without any notice he vanished from the project

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/11/04/howard-shore-to-score-martin-scorseses-silence/

I dunno about that. The source of that article is a Hollywood Reporter article that they claim said he was scoring Silence, but it never actually mentions it once. 

17 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

I believe Howard Shore composed a score for this but was rejected -or maybe only got hired but never wrote a note. Nevertheless as far as we know he was actually hired and supposed to do it, but without any notice he vanished from the project

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/11/04/howard-shore-to-score-martin-scorseses-silence/

Could also be that he and Marty mutually agreed that the film shouldn't have a score.

I looked on IMDb and the only music credit so far is Alejandro de la Llosa as music supervisor. Who knows if that's legit or outdated or whatever, but if it stays that way then it could mean classical pieces, or maybe even just Japanese source music.