Upcoming Films

Quintus

I'm a positive guy, Koray. BTW,  Alex Garland's debut movie wasn't exactly a visionary masterpiece, but I liked it well enough to give it a 7 /10. I hope his new one will surprise me. It looks dumb but those who have seen say it's quite the opposite. Call me slightly intrigued ...

Most new devices made these days don't come with them.  I had to buy a new AV receiver that had 8 HMDI inputs just to get surround sound from all my stuff in the living room

HDMI is at significantly higher risk of failure due to surges, with or without a surge protector, and ultimately render your device useless. That's HDMI's dirty secret. Analog is so much more reliable and you can only get it in higher end products you need to pay premium for. What a world.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I have something just like that. Inexpensive, versatile. I like it. Connected a wireless mouse to it though. Android isn't built for a remote control.

There's umpteen dozen of them on Amazon, lot of people trying to get a piece of the pie.

I bought one to try to use as a Kodi box; I ended up hating Kodi and the box too and stopped playing with after a week or 2.  Now we just use our Amazon Fire box for everything - its interface is so superior to the generic android one, and it runs smooth as butter all the time.  Great remote, too.

I have spread false facts. Duncan Jones' Mute isn't bought by Netflix like The Cloverfield Paradox or Annihilation. It's a genuine Netflix movie. Give credit where credit is due! 

Mute-Movie-Teaser-Video-2018-Netflix-Ori

On 16/2/2018 at 7:45 PM, Richard said:

I've just watched the trailer for ISLE OF DOGS. Amazing!

It's a shoo-in for Best Animated Feature, at the Oscars, next year (if INCREDIBLES II doesn't beat it to it).

yes, it looks very interesting. I might go to the cinema to watch it.

here's a clip if you haven't seen it:

On 14-2-2018 at 4:45 PM, Alexcremers said:

I have spread false facts. Duncan Jones' Mute isn't bought by Netflix like The Cloverfield Paradox or Annihilation. It's a genuine Netflix movie. Give credit where credit is due! 

Mute-Movie-Teaser-Video-2018-Netflix-Ori

Mute is now available!

On 24-2-2018 at 10:27 AM, Alexcremers said:

It's a Dutch word. Ask Steef! I'm pretty sure that Australia has them too but I don't know how they are called over there.

Surprise, surprise! It seems Australia is the land of Sjonnies!

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/feb/26/its-not-a-hairstyle-its-a-lifestyle-scenes-from-australias-first-mullet-festival