Upcoming Films

Quintus

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Too dramatic for it to be the sequel to The Right Stuff.

Yeah, that was sort of a joke for those who might not know what happens next.  :lol2:ROTFLMAOI hope it has some serious Soviets getting their ass' kicked by Ryan Gosling scenes too.  Seriously, it is a trailer so they do have to make it seem pretty explosive.  In reality, Armstrong and most of his ilk are no nonsense guys and very mundane speakers so they will undoubtedly make the drama more theatrical as they did in the Right Stuff as well.  Space nerd junkies such as myself take issues with the historical inaccuracies in these movies but they certainly succeed in a general broad stroke appeal.  The Right Stuff gets some things wrong but it really does capture the feeling of that period and those people without being concerned about the history.  If you want accuracy and a great account, read Michael Collin's excellent and detailed book on the 1960's space program experience called "Carrying the Fire" to get a 1974 account of what it was really like by one of the most gifted writers who actually experienced space travel and the 1960's space program.

Looks like it gives away the end of either act 1 or an extended prologue, but nothing really beyond that

From the director of Room, starring Domhnall Gleeson!

I've actually read the novel!  I remember it being very entertaining, Sarah Waters is a good novelist, I've read almost all of hers.

Hey look, another Elfman circus score.  Other than that (and that hardly is an attraction for everyone), there's not one single reason I can see for any one to look forward to this.

The Halloween reboot looks different and the same. I'm looking forward to Jamie Lee Curtis fighting Michael Myers while hanging off a dance pole like she did in True Lies

6 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

The Halloween reboot looks different and the same. I'm looking forward to Jamie Lee Curtis fighting Michael Myers while hanging off a dance pole like she did in True Lies

I'm kinda looking forward to it too.  The original is such a classic.  But the ONLY sequel I've actually liked was the first Halloween II.

Entertaining enough in a campy way.  I get the same kind of enjoyment out of 4 and 5.  I love the Scream Factory box set of all the Halloween movies that came out a few years ago.  I break it out every October!

On 6/16/2018 at 5:48 PM, Koray Savas said:

H20 wasn’t bad. 

And it wasn't good.

NEW ZEMECKIS ALERT

It looks really freakin' weird

And on top of that, apparently Zemeckis is working on a new adaptation of Roald Dahl's The Witches.  Can't wait for shitty lookin' mocap grand high witch...

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-witches-remake/

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

And on top of that, apparently Zemeckis is working on a new adaptation of Roald Dahl's The Witches.  Can't wait for shitty lookin' mocap grand high witch...

I wouldn't really count on it. The Grand High Witch is one of those characters that you can create practically without too much hassle.

19 minutes ago, John said:

I wouldn't really count on it. The Grand High Witch is one of those characters that you can create practically without too much hassle.

I agree!  And it was already done perfectly in 1990!  Zemeckis will fill the movie with unnecessary CGI, mark my words.

11 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Yeah I actively disliked it. Thought it was a prime example of bad filmmaking.

Well I think this is a prime example of bad forum posting!

1 star out of 5!

I don't agree with Disco Stu!

It just screamed Lifetime movie to me. I enjoyed aspects of it, but thought it was horribly melodramatic, exaggerated in its message, and tonally inconsistent.

6 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

... but thought it was horribly melodramatic, exaggerated in its message, ...

That's Zemeckis for ya. 

002d6864.jpeg

Was this already posted? Is it the movie JWFan has been dreaming of?

Jason Statham says The Meg is Jurassic Park meets Jaws.  

The-Meg-movie-2018.png

Seen the trailer before Solo, I don't think it would be fun even in a so-bad-it's-good way.

4 minutes ago, Holko said:

Seen the trailer before Solo, I don't think it would be fun even in a so-bad-it's-good way.

Did you miss the little cute dog in the trailer?