Upcoming Films

Quintus

Amazing! I didn't know a thing about this movie but I immediately thought: "Hmmm, this looks like a movie for Disco Stu. In fact, it actually feels like a Zemeckis movie. Where is Tom Hanks?"

Only Disco can give blessing to Carell, Steef. Let's keep on eye on his avatar the coming weeks. 

Welcome-To-Marwen-Trailer.jpg

A possible contender?

I heard Amazon has remade Suspiria and that when its director showed it to Tarantino it reduced him to tears, whatever that means. But he was defo impressed with it. 

On 6/28/2018 at 11:04 AM, Alexcremers said:

Sometimes you need to watch a Nicolas Cage movie ...

And it'll be Johannsson's final score to be released. If critics are to be believed, it's quite something.

3 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I heard Amazon has remade Suspiria and that when its director showed it to Tarantino it reduced him to tears, whatever that means. But he was defo impressed with it. 

Looking forward to that too. I enjoyed Call Me By Your Name

On 7/6/2018 at 6:12 PM, KK said:

If critics are to be believed, it's quite something.

Indeed, Mandy gets 97% at RT. I guess they are less biased than some JWFaners.

MV5BMjk1MjhmZWQtNzU3OC00NDE4LThlODQtNTdh

On 7/6/2018 at 9:09 AM, Quintus said:

Was Argento involved at all? I know he's been "working" on a Sandman movie starring Iggy Pop, with music by Silent Hill's Akira Yamaoka, but that's been pushed back so many times I don't know if he had some other hustles.

Me neither. But this does indeed look good.

Plus, it gives you an idea of what Colman's take as the monarch might look like in the upcoming seasons of The Crown .

Seems too soapy for my tastes.

I'd watch it for Ronan, Robbie and Max Richter (though he's been pretty uninteresting lately too).

38 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.  I need it, I want it.

Saoirse's last line there.  I got goosebumps!

How did the world come to this? Wise men servicing the whims of women?

Truer words were never spoken.

Isn't that what Hollywood - what popular culture - wants, nowadays? The stupid #metoo/SJW bitches want to be in charge. Let them take charge, but be careful what you wish for...

A woman has already been castigated, and cited personally for fucking up STAR WARS (IMO, neither her, nor the director did anything of the sort). To quote Cher "If we're gonna have it...let's have it all".

22 minutes ago, Richard said:

Isn't that what Hollywood - what popular culture - wants, nowadays? The stupid #metoo/SJW bitches want to be in charge. Let them take charge, but be careful what you wish for...

A woman has already been castigated, and cited personally for fucking up STAR WARS (IMO, neither her, nor the director did anything of the sort). To quote Cher "If we're gonna have it...let's have it all".

kapellmeister3.JPG

Yeah stupid me too movement. Rapists should go on living rich and free and not brought to light!

11 hours ago, KK said:

Seems too soapy for my tastes.

I'd watch it for Ronan, Robbie and Max Richter (though he's been pretty uninteresting lately too).

Richter is scoring? I’m in!

No, it bloody should not! Can you imagine more than one of them running around?!

2 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Yeah stupid me too movement. Rapists should go on living rich and free and not brought to light!

As much as I admire your enthusiasm for all things retributional, these "crimes" are yet to be proven, in a court of law.

9 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

All men accused of rape should be imprisoned, whether they did it or not.

Do you start from an assumption that any woman who says they've been assaulted is a liar?

All I know is, I hope Bill Cosby goes to prison for the rest of his life.

10 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Even the Doctor is a women now! :(

I know you're joking, but my mum, who is a lifelong fan, was that annoyed with them casting a woman as Doctor Who that she said she won't watch be watching it anymore.

1 minute ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

It's escapist fantasy for women who identify with the sidekick. This casting removes that selling point.

Your knowledge of the inner lives of women is astounding, uncanny.  Did you have a Mel Gibson in What Women Want experience or something?

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Your knowledge of the inner lives of women is astounding, uncanny.  Did you have a Mel Gibson in What Women Want experience or something?

I was a woman for a while.

And of course Hollywood is buying the film/story rights of the 12 children that were trapped deep in a flooded cave in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Once a man, like the sea, I raged. Once a woman, like the earth, I gave, and there is, in fact, more earth than sea.

They say the sea is cold, but the sea contains the hottest blood of all.