Upcoming Films

Quintus

Terrence Malick's New VR Project Has Music by Jonny Greenwood, Explores Human Life From Birth to Death

Couldn't care less about the VR thing. But the idea that Greenwood might become a Malick collaborator, possibly for his upcoming Radegund is exciting.

28 minutes ago, KK said:

Terrence Malick's New VR Project Has Music by Jonny Greenwood, Explores Human Life From Birth to Death

Couldn't care less about the VR thing. But the idea that Greenwood might become a Malick collaborator, possibly for his upcoming Radegund is exciting.

Couldn't care less about Greenwood but the VR thing sounds cool

Two good songs.

I'm the unicorn that thinks TKOL is better than the moon one.

Of course they haven't actually been great since In Rainbows, which will almost certainly be their last masterpiece.

I don't like anything on that album as much as I like "Little by Little" or "Lotus Flower" or "Separator."

TKOL is so underrated, I find it so much more interesting sonically than AMSP, which outside of a few highlights I found quite bland in terms of arrangement and production.

Yea, I agree. TKOL is underrated, but it's kind of a chore. I never really find much reason to go back to it, especially when I can just put on Kid A instead. I prefer AMSP's highlights to the songs you mentioned. There's more range.

But I will agree that Greenwood's solo work is more interesting than modern Radiohead. But hey, most modern music bores me.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:13 PM, Alexcremers said:

For when you need to watch a Liam Neeson movie ...

No-one needs to watch a Liam Neeson movie (except EXCALIBUR, THE BOUNTY, and THE GOOD MOTHER...and maybe KRULL, if you're in the mood :D).

Good use of DON'T FEAR THE REAPER.

No thanks, I'm trying to give it up ;)

Truth to tell, although its not a bad performance, he's run round in circles, by Ralph Fiennes (or, as Honest Trailers says: Rafe Fee-en-ne-ness :lol:).

I'm not a fan of the film. Let's just leave it at that.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, Alexcremers said:

For when you need to watch a Liam Neeson movie ...

That's actually based on the Norwegian Film In Order of Disappearance, by the same director - basically a remake for the US audiense.

What is it with US Americans not being able to see films that are not about themselves?

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What is it with US Americans not being able to see films that are not about themselves?

They have a problem with other languages. 

On 10/30/2018 at 6:56 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

That's actually based on the Norwegian Film In Order of Disappearance, by the same director - basically a remake for the US audiense.

I really dont care about foreign films. In the US we have 2 basic languages. English and Spanish. You can drive from one coast to the other and English is dominant. Where else in the world can you travel that far without the main spoken language changing?

Btw a Meg sequel is in the planning stage.

Its too obvious sorry. We are very centric in our film viewer ship. English films dominate here. There is a minute audience for foreign language films. That number is probably between 0 and 2%.

But I guess they watch the remakes, such as The Magnificent Seven.

7 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Its too obvious sorry. We are very centric in our film viewer ship. English films dominate here. There is a minute audience for foreign language films. That number is probably between 0 and 2%.

Is this basically because you don't like to read subtitles?

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

But I guess they watch the remakes, such as The Magnificent Seven.

Is this basically because you don't like to read subtitles?

Why should we want to read? Btw I do watch Norwegian horro and korean horror but I do hate reading subtitles because the translation is usually poor. 

36 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Do you also only listen to audio books when you want to read a book?

Americans hate subtitles so much that they prefer to watch foreign movies that are dubbed in English. But, as we all know, half of the European countries seem to prefer it too. The other half (including the Dutch speaking part of Belgium) loves subtitles, thereby preserving the original language and voices. 

Classic burning the candle at both ends and other miscellaneous excesses. He'll probably be dead in ten years, unless he makes a drastic change to his lifestyle (unlikely).

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Do you also only listen to audio books when you want to read a book?

I found that I listen to audiobooks that I have difficulty getting into. But audiobooks are a different form of entertainment than personal  reading. Especially when I have an hour in the car each day.

It Chapter 2 has finished principal photography. It will apparently stick with the murder of the gay man which awakens Pennywise from his 27 year slumber.

As far as character enhancements, they mostly just remove seams between pieces (jaw and eyebrow) with CG to save on having to print whole unique faces for every frame.

Most of Laika’s use of CGI is focused on backdrops, water effects, floating objects like the origami in Kubo, stuff like that; everything else is practical puppetry or physical prop work.