Upcoming Films

Quintus

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

From Better Call Saul to Star Trek: Discovery. One is far far better then the other. 

This is proof that you don't really know what you are talking about, Steef.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Both are labelled Netflix Originals, Alex. 

Neither were actually made by Netflix.

Then why bring them up to make a point about quality?

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Fucking with the colour timing???

Yeah, I've found that Netflix way oversaturates the colors and bumps up the contrast.  Reds and blues are way overemphasized and greens look sickly yellow

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

The kinds of movies made directly by Netflix are utter garbage and seemingly all romantic comedy type dreck.  The Princess Switch, 

I haven't seen it (and I never will), but The Princess Switch gets a whopping 90% on RT. And Bird Box, also developed by Netflix, is also getting pretty good reviews as well.

bird-box-still-8-1280px.jpg

Screenshot%202018-12-30%20at%2010.25.39%

... and it looked great, IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Yeah, I've found that Netflix way oversaturates the colors and bumps up the contrast.  Reds and blues are way overemphasized and greens look sickly yellow

On their own productions of films and shows they've licensed?

Looks like I read the wiki article too quickly; It later says "In July 2017, it was announced that Netflix had acquired the rights to the book after Stuber became head of the feature film division of Netflix and would develop the film".

Anyhoo, I didn't like that movie.  I was surprised by how much hype it continues to have because I thought it was kinda boring and cliched and not very well made.

A Quiet Place was loads better

Well, I liked it. Albeit similar, Bird Box and A Quiet Place entertained me in different ways. I give them both no more than a 6/10 though ... I think Darabont's The Mist is better. I gave that one a 7/10.

Netflix have producerad a few great shows like HoC and Stranger things but as a viewer you get tired of all their new Netflix original teen comedy movies/shows which constantly get advertised and mostly look terrible.

34 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

If you don't secretly check out them teen shows, then Netflix won't advise them to you. 

No they are used in the new on Netflix tab or whatever it’s called.

I haven’t used Netflix in a while since I got HBO but is there anything new that’s good? The last one I saw on Netflix was Mindhunter.

I loved Mindhunter. Waiting for S2 as well as The OA S2. Check out the movie Calibre, one of their latest bought titles. Naxos  and Naxos Mexico are good also ...

What's good on HBO these days?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Who said:

I haven’t used Netflix in a while since I got HBO but is there anything new that’s good?

Mindhunter, The OA, Stranger Things and Ozark are ones I've seen and liked.

Lost In Space, Altered Carbon, The Haunting of Hill House and The Crown have their fans but I haven't seen them.

I watched Lemony Snicket season 1 but haven't seen 2 or 3 yet.

If you like their Marvel shows, they have 6 now - Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Punisher, and The Defenders.  I watched DD1, JJ1, and LC1 then gave up.

For comedies, Wet Hot American Summer is amazing if you like David Wain's comedy style, Santa Clarita Diet is OK (season 2 was better than 1), GLOW is OK, Big Mouth is GREAT - but it's not for everyone.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Mindhunter, The OA, Stranger Things and Ozark are ones I've seen and liked.

Lost In Space, Altered Carbon, The Haunting of Hill House and The Crown have their fans but I haven't seen them.

I watched Lemony Snicket season 1 but haven't seen 2 or 3 yet.

If you like their Marvel shows, they have 6 now - Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Punisher, and The Defenders.  I watched DD1, JJ1, and LC1 then gave up.

For comedies, Wet Hot American Summer is amazing if you like David Wain's comedy style, Santa Clarita Diet is OK (season 2 was better than 1), GLOW is OK, Big Mouth is GREAT - but it's not for everyone.

House of Cards remains my favorite, I've seen that a couple of times.

I saw Jessica Jones season 1 when that came out, might see season 2. Was Ozark season 2 good? I saw a few episodes of season 1 but gave up.

Season 2 of Ozark is like season 1 on steroids.  Everything kicked up a notch.  I liked both about the same, maybe 2 is a little better.

If you gave the show a few episodes and gave up, it's not for you, and continuing is unlikely to change your mind.

12 hours ago, Mr. Who said:

Was Ozark season 2 good? I saw a few episodes of season 1 but gave up.

No, it was very disappointing. In Season 2, the series lost its Coenesque Breaking Bad perspective of the normal, ordinary everyman descending into gangsterhood. We no longer see through the eyes or get inside the head of Marty Byrde. Without a psychological angle, Ozark has turned into a shallow soap opera where every character is doing bad things. Somehow the show thinks that's all it needs to do to be interesting.

I saw the first movie.  I hated it.  Didn't really understand why it was so popular, popular enough for 2 sequels!

Shoot Em Up and Everly are better movies of that style.  Even Atomic Blonde was more interesting, but I didn't like that one overall either.  I wonder where Peppermint fits.

5 hours ago, SteveMc said:

That poster makes no sense.

Of course it does. It means that our John Wick is about to face his biggest challenge yet (which means you'll see more kills than ever before).