Upcoming Films

Quintus

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

What do you think of Gimme Shelter, Richard?

Ok, I've had my sight test: no significant change. Phew!

Gimme Shelter is, without doubt, among the Stones' finest. Easily top 5. It's just that a lot of the Stones' songs are used inappropriately. What's a song about war got to do with building a car? 

Oh...I see...a metaphorical war. Ah, yes, very good (sigh). Still, it's a good song, and I hope to see the film when it arrives on the islands...in March.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:22 AM, Koray Savas said:

Great title. 

In which Stallone hunts down whoever persuaded him to make Expendables 3 12A/PG-13. And if there's still time and he's not too tired, his plastic surgeon also.    

Anyone heard of some new Brad flick called Ad Astra coming out? It's another stab at space sci-fi.

They always turn out so disappointing though don't they. Still, hopefully this'll be more than just a new hope. Arf!

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

Anyone heard of some new Brad flick called Ad Astra coming out? It's another stab at space sci-fi.

Dude, the trailer for it was just posted literally two posts before your question

TIL Luc Besson has a new movie coming out this month

Music by Eric Serra

Eh, we'll see how they play it out.  Certainly looks gorgeous animation wise, but I fear it is dipping into over the top sequel territory.

Nice poster.  Not sure if it is my cup of tea, though.

Frankly, I'm not big on Tarantino in general.  A real good filmmaker for sure, but I can't seem to enjoy his work.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Most Tarantino films have no original score.  I think Kill Bill is the only one?

How quickly you forget the Hateful 8 which Ennio Morricone unjustly beat John Williams in the category.

3 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

How quickly you forget the Hateful 8 which Ennio Morricone unjustly beat John Williams in the category.

Pity that that's the way you remember this score. I thought it was great, and I really don't give a hoot about the best score category!

I don’t think his score was better than Williams’ TFA, but I can accept his win as a long-due career achievement award from the Academy. 

In a perfect world, he would’ve gotten his Oscar for either GBU or OUATIA, imo. 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Most Tarantino films have no original score.  I think Kill Bill is the only one?

The Hateful Eight is the only one with a full original score.

Kill Bill had some interstitial stingers and stuff from The RZA, but nothing I would call original music in the traditional sense.

Django Unchained had a couple original songs. 

15 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Pity that that's the way you remember this score. I thought it was great, and I really don't give a hoot about the best score category!

Sorry you may think its great but it isn't at the same level as The Force Awakens and your not giving a hoot about the best score category indicates you may not truely be a real John Williams fan. I will keep my eye on you sir.

As for John's comments they have carreer achievement awards. Give him that without denying a far superior composer his just do.

20 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

No it didn't, Joe THE HATEFUL 8 is a brilliant score, and is fully deserving of its Academy Award.

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

Sorry you may think its great but it isn't at the same level as The Force Awakens and your not giving a hoot about the best score category indicates you may not truely be a real John Williams fan. I will keep my eye on you sir.

What?

22 minutes ago, Richard said:

No it didn't, Joe THE HATEFUL 8 is a brilliant score, and is fully deserving of its Academy Award.

Not over TFA. 

4 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

What?

My attempt to be humor is met with a what? Clearly I need to remember it is a difficult concept.

Oh please you are Canadiann your people find humor when people tear their Achilles tendon