Upcoming Films

Quintus

9 hours ago, Richard said:

Yes over TFA.

Did you go deaf. TFA is so superior to 8.

• 2 weeks later...

Danny Boyle says a third 28 Days Later movie is in the works with Ex Machina writer/filmmaker Alex Garland. I guess they too realize that famous franchises get funded easier than completely new ideas.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/28-days-later-3-danny-boyle-alex-garland-james-bond-interview-robert-pattinson-a8971776.html

Don't  you want to know if Belgium gets overrun by the disease.

From the director who bored you to death with hereditary comes the new movie Midsomer which will just kind of creep you out because of deformed people that's not horror that's just uncomfortable

I don't know or care. Hereditary was a truly awful film though a few here praise it. Course they are not horror film fans so it may appeal to them in ways I cannot conceive. At least the cast of Midsommar is pleasant looking. The people in hereditary were ugly as homemade sin  The actress who played the granddaughter was so ugly I can see my great grandmother throwing her in the sack with new born kittens and drowning them and her in the lake.

How come Joey is always so negatively preoccupied with the way women look in movies anyway? The traditional Hollywood stunner look can really take me out of the experience, especially if the story isn't particularly suited to having models strutting around playing mundane roles. It's shallow as fuck.

Quintus - loves a good horror, and really enjoyed Hereditary.

Of course you each liked it. Im not surprised it does appeal to each of you. It was just boring(the worst thing a horror film can be).. But as I said none of you are real horror film fans. You respectfully alway like this kind of "stuff".

4 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Im not surprised it does appeal to each of you. It was just boring

If it was boring, we wouldn't like it.

Of course you would. I wouldn't have watched ut a second time if David hadn't believed the positive reviews

When the ugly child got beheaded we literally laughed out loud. At the end he apologized for making me watch it a 2nd time. Actually i enjoyed it the 2nd time just to see how off put David was. Oh well 2 hours and 7 minutes lost.

10 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

If you were, you would have find it boring. -JoeinAR

Yes.  Its horror lite 

Yes Stefan ugly people should be used in movies. You can generally sympathize with them. 

2 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Yes.  Its horror lite 

That's your opinion, Joe. Other might say Hereditary is for real horror fans.

And i would argue against them.

I will try and give Midsommar a fair shot. It looks beautifully shot.

Anyone actually excited by Lion King? And if so WHY?

4 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

Of course you each liked it. Im not surprised it does appeal to each of you. It was just boring(the worst thing a horror film can be).. But as I said none of you are real horror film fans. You respectfully alway like this kind of "stuff".

Load of bollocks that mate, come on sort your act out.

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

Load of bollocks that mate, come on sort your act out.

Sorry Lee to me its a shit film. Boring and un-original as hell. Reminds me of the better horror film The Sentinel. 

I expected Jason, Alex, and KK to like it. They do like art house horror lite films. You surprised me. 

And don't forget you can be tough on films too. You disliked the Evil Dead remake based on all the cgi.

Hereditary is a proper horror movie though. In the same way, say, The Exorcist is. Psychological thrillers can fit inside the large horror subgenres box, it's quite permissable.

Incidentally, I too laughed at the ending of Hereditary, with the kneeling headless worshippers. In fact I remember guffawing an outburst at it in the living room amongst our viewing guests. I'm pretty sure the absurdity was intended there. And I thought that final send off was wicked! It made the movie for me.

The real horror for me and there was one moment is when the child went into anaphylaxis shock from Having seen it before 

to me the devil whorship was a red herring. 

Now yes the Exorcist is on a level of its own. Its visceral soul crunching and devastating. Being a parent unable to stop your child's suffer would be horrible.

That Joe didn't like Hereditary is fine. That he continually points to the lack of physical attractiveness in the cast as one of the film's major flaws is a bit of a puzzler, but not entirely surprising I guess...

Also, the granddaughter's appearance clearly plays a big role for the film's tone. An adorable Shirley Temple obviously would not have worked nearly as well.

12 hours ago, KK said:

That Joe didn't like Hereditary is fine. That he continually points to the lack of physical attractiveness in the cast as one of the film's major flaws is a bit of a puzzler, but not entirely surprising I guess...

Also, the granddaughter's appearance clearly plays a big role for the film's tone. An adorable Shirley Temple obviously would not have worked nearly as well.

Its an inside joke that you could not understand and I never said it was a major flaw. Where  do you get that? I just pointed out the truth.  Strange you think an attractive (or at least a not unattractive) child wouldn't  have worked well as the future demon. However Im fine that you like it. But my reasonings that it is a bad film are just as valid as yours, Jason's, and Alex's that it is a good one. Alex hyperbole towards the film actually falls into ridiculousness. 

On 6/28/2019 at 2:11 PM, KK said:

Ha, ha! If that's the case, then Joe would hate THE NAME OF OF ROSE :lol:, the ugliest film I have ever seen - and I mean that as a great compliment.

If people here genuinely believe that a Shawn the Sheep movie could be for them, they need to re-evaluate their life. If you haven't seen the television series before, just check out an episode. It's patently pre-school. There's a reason it was only on very early in the morning.

20 hours ago, Quintus said:

If people here genuinely believe that a Shawn the Sheep movie could be for them, they need to re-evaluate their life. If you haven't seen the television series before, just check out an episode. It's patently pre-school. There's a reason it was only on very early in the morning.

The Shaun the Sheep Movie is a wonderful film. Different strokes for different folks, and all that?

I think you’re just being disagreeable on purpose. As usual.