Upcoming Films

Quintus

Is the new Mulan going to be a musical as well? Judging by the trailer, it doesn’t look like the sort of film that’ll suit “I'll Make a Man Out of You”.

From what's been said, the pc police have made sure this is a more straight forward telling of the legend because the animated film offended our Chinese and Hun friends.

eh, we'll see.

I've heard it will be a more traditional sounding score as far as early Asian music goes. Don't know how accurate that is though.

Judging from the trailer, this actually looks very promising.

I like how Disney is really leaning into the classic samurai film angle with this one:

B674CE3C-C6D5-4692-A927-BE1708389E17.jpeg

D7199766-BEB8-4A18-B61B-8EBB0C3C352A.jpeg

Lots of really nice wide shots, definitely some Kurosawa influence here. 

On 7/12/2019 at 6:48 AM, Alexcremers said:

David Fincher and Gary Oldman to make a biopic for Netflix about Citizen Kane screenwriter Herman Manckiewicz.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/david-fincher-gary-oldman-herman-makiewicz-biopic-netflix-1203263923/

Long live Netflix!

Sounds very dull.

That's what happens when you kill off all the likeable chara... vast majority of characters even. Only direction left is a shitty prequel!

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

It's explosions that are dull, Joe.

Most films I watch are not about explosions, nor are they about boring people writing a screenplay.  

Fincher should go back to making Madonna videos. Its the best thing he ever did.

2 hours ago, Holko said:

That's what happens when you kill off all the likeable chara... vast majority of characters even. Only direction left is a shitty prequel!

Yea man I loved the first Kingsman, but the second was such a disappointment, and this just looks like Matthew Vaughn isn't a director to be excited about any more

A long haired batman? So he's a hippy. What's next a hipster batman with a man bun?

3 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

A long haired batman? So he's a hippy. What's next a hipster batman with a man bun?

It's Bluntman and Chronic, Joe.

48 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's Bluntman and Chronic, Joe.

No idea!

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Kevin Smith movies aren't really your cup of tea

Since I don't believe I have ever seen one that is an understatement. Iwill say this reading of any kind is a wonderful thing. People....DO not look down on anyone who reads

You might not have ever seen a Kevin Smith film, I dunno.  His biggest hits are Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

You might not have ever seen a Kevin Smith film, I dunno.  His biggest hits are Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Never saw those. I have seen some of his Flash and Supergirl directing efforts.

New IT Chapter 2 tomorrow.

Damien Chazelle's Next Project 'Babylon' May Star Emma Stone, Studios Keep a Close Eye

Plus, in Score: The Podcast's May 2019 episode with Justin Hurwitz, he indicated that his next project would likely be whatever Chazelle worked on next, naturally. 

The film reportedly takes place in 1920s Hollywood. Should be interesting. I'm excited, as I've developed an affinity for this director-composer duo.