Upcoming Films

Quintus

It probably did not earn what the studio was hoping for though.

I am sure they have already figured it out that less-than-expected B.O. result was due inappropriate score and for the sequel they will hire Mr. Klaus Badelt - after all he did so well in that successful swashbuckling movie. ;)

It did not bomb badly!

It probably did not earn what the studio was hoping for though.

You're right, my bad. For some reason I recall it made only like $30 million. According to BOM, it made back it's $150 million budget with $212 in worldwide grosses.

I really hope somebody has posted this somewhere in my absence, but if not...

The teaser trailer for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeWsZ2b_pK4

It looks great, although I'm not sure why the trailer makes it seem like the Mad Hatter is the main character.

Well PJ appears to want to spread the composing duties around to different people.

Is Inglourious Basterds supposed to be a comedy or something? I haven't seen any TV previews yet but based on the radio spots they've been playing, it sounds corny as hell, especially Brad Pitt.

Is Inglourious Basterds supposed to be a comedy or something? I haven't seen any TV previews yet but based on the radio spots they've been playing, it sounds corny as hell, especially Brad Pitt.

It's definitely not as serious a movie as I expected back when it was announced a couple years ago. It's probably going to be in the vein of Death Proof rather than his earlier films. Action and lots of violence, and that is where the humor stems from. Similar to Kill Bill.

Oh, and Brad Pitt is supposed to have a pretty minor role. The advertising has probably shown all of his scenes.

Haven't heard anything by Brian Eno, but I would have liked another JNH/PJ collaboration. The one good thing about this selection is it means that Jackson has not selected a go-to composer, which means that he may be very open to using Williams for the Tintin sequel.

It's definitely not as serious a movie as I expected back when it was announced a couple years ago. It's probably going to be in the vein of Death Proof rather than his earlier films. Action and lots of violence, and that is where the humor stems from. Similar to Kill Bill.

Oh, and Brad Pitt is supposed to have a pretty minor role. The advertising has probably shown all of his scenes.

Well listening to his dialogue on the radio reminded me of Slim Pickens from 1941.

Do I buy into the (out of nowhere) hyperbolic early word on District 9? Yes, yes I do.

Universal and Fox will be no doubt kicking themselves that they didn't trust Peter Jackson when he recommended Neill Blomkamp for directing duties on the Halo movie. Fuckers.

Indeed Quint. The film was awesome and they are going to be cursing themselves for years they didn't let him do HALO. Let's hope he has a long and prolific career and that this masterpiece isn't his only gem.

The fresh ideas out of hollywood keep coming:

link

Yawn at you playing the same record. Good films are still being made, along with turds like the one above. Do what I do and only watch the good ones.

Next!

A movie similar to that was actually made in the 80s. I forgot the name, but it had a white student pretend to be a black man to get a minority scholarship into a college.

Soul Man (1986), starring C. Thomas Howell and James Earl Jones.

Well that's a surprise, the Avatar trailer has leaked.

And bloody amazing it is too.

I was pretty skeptical about the claims that this would be a revolutionary film, until I saw that trailer. I would be happy if Tintin looked as half as good as that.

While not a film it is JW related. The DVD is going to be released Dec. 22nd of this year.

SomethingDarkSidePoster.jpg

I can't seem to find a brighter looking version.

You can't really see on the left side but

The big yellow chicken is Boba Fett.

Actually that did have some funny moments, apparently you and I may be the only ones who enjoyed it though.

Nice to see Billy Dee Williams contributing his voice.

Actually that did have some funny moments, apparently you and I may be the only ones who enjoyed it though.

Nice to see Billy Dee Williams contributing his voice.

Immensely, he was great. I thoroughly enjoyed the first and second (the Ponda Baba sketch was genius).