Your own Indy scores

Maxxie

On my Raiders edit I combined "The Miracle of the Ark/Washington Ending & Raiders March" and was wondering if anyone else felt that these two should be combined. I have no idea how the music goes on the movie, but it felt to me like, musically, the one naturally segued into the other, and felt strange when ending with just "The Miracle of the Ark". What do you think?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I prefer the Concord version to the DCC version.

Temple of Doom:

1. Anything Goes

2. Indy Negotiates

3. The Nightclub Brawl

4. Fast Streets of Shanghai

5. Map/Out of Fuel

6. Slalom on Mt. Humol

7. Deal For The Diamond/The Nightclub Brawl/Fast Streets Of Shanghai/Over The Himalayas/Slalom on Mt Humol/The Village (Colin's Edit)

8. Indy and the Villagers

9. Short Round's Theme

10. Indy and the Villagers/Shankara/Fortune And Glory/Departing The Village

11. The Scroll/To Pankot Palace

12. Nocturnal Activities

13. The Secret Passage

14. Bug Tunnel/Death Trap

15. Approaching the Stones

16. Children in Chains

17. The Temple of Doom

18. Short Round Escapes

19. Saving Willie

20. Slave Children's Crusade

21. Short Round Helps

22. Indy Wakes Up/Saving Willie/Freeing The Slaves/Short Round Helps

23. The Mine Car Chase

24. Water!

25. The Sword Trick

26. The Broken Bridge/British Relief

27. Return to the Village/Raiders March

28. End Credits

29. Water!/The Sword Trick/On The Rope Bridge/The Broken Bridge/Return to the Village/End Credits

30. Parade of Slave Children (Greatest Hits)

Total: 2 hours, 28 minutes, 15 seconds

All of these are from the Concord set, Colin's edit, or Greatest Hits. I didn't use any from the OST.

This is my personal edit of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. It uses the 2008 Concord Expanded CD release (with some tracks from the bonus disc in the exclusive box set), a couple of DVD rear-channel rips, a short section from a Lego Indiana Jones game file, and a very short section from a re-recording. When I say this edit is personal, it means that it is intended to please me more than anyone else. So I am curious if anyone finds the look of my edit appealing. It's sort of a mix of other types people are doing. I haven’t made any pitch corrections to any of the tracks, for this always results to some loss of quality or clarity (at least to my ears). For my edit I was all about presenting the soundtrack without it sounding like it came from some bootleg or DVD rip. However, I have made volume level adjustments to certain cues. I combined a lot of tracks that flow together in a suite-like fashion, taking you on a crazy ride into the dark adventure Indiana goes through. However I had a rule not to make any of the combined cues be much longer than 10 minutes. Just a preference. To me this is the best way to listen to the soundtrack with what we have available. This is in no way intended to be a complete edit, but the most enjoyable one to listen to. And this music needs to be enjoyed, doesn't it?

Here is a rundown of what I have done:

1. Anything Goes (Concord Release)

2. Shanghai Deal & Turmoil (Concord Release of “Indy Negotiates”, “The Nightclub Brawl” with a DVD rip insert/mix of the unreleased ‘Anything Goes’ moment with volume boost, and “Fast Streets of Shanghai”)

3. Plane Escape (Concord Release of “Map/Out of Fuel” with a brief unreleased extension to ‘Map’ from a Lego Indiana Jones game file, and “Slalom on Mt. Humol” with volume boost)

4. Indy And The Villagers (Concord Release, from Bonus Disc)

5. The Trek (Concord Release, aka “Short Round’s Theme”)

6. The Scroll-To Pankot Palace (Concord Release)

7. Nocturnal Activities (Concord Release)

8. The Secret Passage (Concord Release, from Bonus Disc)

9. Bug Tunnel-Death Trap (Concord Release)

10. The Temple Of Doom (Concord Release)

11. Approaching The Stones (Concord Release)

12. Children In Chains (Concord Release)

13. Short Round Escapes (Concord Release)

14. Underground Chaos (Concord Release of “Saving Willie”, “Slave Children’s Crusade”, and “Short Round Helps” with volume boost on the track and certain moments near the beginning)

15. The Mine Car Chase (Concord Release)

16. Bid For Freedom (Concord Release of “Water!”, “The Sword Trick”, DVD rip of the unreleased ‘Bridge Percussion’ with volume boost, and “The Broken Bridge/British Relief” with slight volume boost for ‘British Relief’)

17. Return To The Village-End Credits (Concord Release of “Return To The Village” from the Bonus Disc, a brief moment of a re-recording from the Indiana Jones Trilogy Silva Screen Records CD of ‘Finale and End Credits’ of Temple of Doom for an unreleased opening section with volume decrease, and “End Credits” omitting the opening section)

Notice that I put the "Temple of Doom" track after "Bug Tunnel-Death Trap" instead of after "Children In Chains". To me this seems more fitting because in the film, it is after the "Bug Tunnel-Death Trap" scene that you see the first thugee ceremony take place (with the famous heart-ripping scene) and hear the memorable chanting music.

The "End Credits" were a pain in the a** for me to do, I don't know if anyone else had as hard a time as I did trying to get the unreleased 30 seconds to fit in right. I tried MANY different takes using ALL of the different source options we have available, and the one I ended up choosing sounded the best (and the least like an edit) to me. Sure it uses a re-recording (and one that others have told me isn't as good as the RPO one) but I still stand by my decision.

If you plan on burning this on CD as a 2-Disc set, my recommended presentation is:

• Have Disc One end with track 09-Bug Tunnel-Death Trap.
  • Have Disc Two begin with track 10-The Temple Of Doom.

PM me if interested to "learn more" about my edit, if interested. This is how I will listen to this soundtrack from now on. What a classic.

Just re-arranged tracks in proper chrono order in itunes

Only added to the scores themselves:

Desert Chase (DCC)

Indy Rides the Statue (Alt Leaked)

Map Insert

ToD End Credits (Edit)

Warehouse Escape

Jungle Chase (Expanded)

Over the Cliffs

Spalgo's Dossier (Segment)

Automatic Writing (Segment)

and joined a few tracks in ToD

Rest of LC boot tracks / various DVD rear channel rips is on "Remaining Unreleased" separate album (arranged like disk 5 of Concord set) .I refuse to mix bad sounding stuff with the good sounding stuff

Is there any chance someone might have an answer to the question I asked yesterday?

In a month, when I get back home from the cruiseship, I'll be very interested in giving some of your edits a listen.

What exactly is in this "editing package" that, I think, Jason LeBlanc is sending out?

Is there any chance of anyone giving me a good definitive version in about a month?

I don't object to some DVD rips being used, as long as there's not too much SFX.

It'd also be great to have some of the alternate music from the LEGO Indiana Jones video game included.

And the "Rope Bridge" percussion is an absolute must, of course, as well as a proper film edit of the "End Credits".

Has anyone edited an as-complete-as-possible version of the "Rope Bridge" and the alternate "They Stole the Children" yet?

Did I understand correctly that Miss Padmé made a "Nightclub Brawl" version with the "Anything Goes" overlay?

And did anyone made a "Desert Chase" DCC/Concord combo? Does that work to some extent?

And if not, doesn't "Desert Chase" feel out of place amongst the Concord tracks when giving the score a full listen?

Also are there any more specifics on crumbs' expanded KotCS?

How's the sound quality on the tracks? Where's the SFX? Which parts are clean?

Could anyone answering please send me a PM as well?

With my slow Internet, it's hard to find any replies through all the dozens of pages here.

I have just finished editing a Concord/DCC Desert Chase combo. I wanted the improved sound of the Concord version but I can't stand the edits so I added the missing sections from the DCC version. I was surprised by how many annoying little edits there were, but I managed to fix all of them and I have to say it doesn't sound bad. Considering Desert Chase is one of my favorite cues off all time, I didn't mind spending so much time on it getting it to sound right. Anyways, I'm content with this combo edit and it will be my preferred version of Desert Chase.

If anyone is interested in a listen, PM me.

Just a couple of notes:

- Concord version is much more dynamically compressed, and so I also compressed the DCC fragments to match that level and make the transitions smoother

- Time is mostly consistent except towards the end it appears that the Concord version speeds up slightly. I did what I could, but I refused to use any tempo, pitch, or speed effects because they did cause artifacts.

- Difference in mastering of the two versions is noticeable in most transitions

- Edited with Sound Studio

Let me know what you think. Also, has anyone else tried this?

I've edited Temple of Doom just before Saving Willie because I feel it is appropriate that the heriocs should start as the evil, represented by the vocals, reaches its cresendo. I doesn't feel right to me to have Saving Willie straight after Short Rounds escape.

I know, it is way too jarring to hear Saving Willie bounce in right after Short Round Escapes. Its a pity Willy Into The Fryer wasn't released to bridge them

So, is anyone interested in this desert chase edit that i made (and posted about a couple days ago). If anyone wants to hear it, just PM me. I would like to know what you guys think of it.

Last Crusade:

1. Indy's Very First Adventure

2. The Boat Scene

3. Father's Study

4. X Marks the Spot

5. Ah, Rats!!!!

6. Escape from Venice

7. Journey to Austria

8. Father and Son Reunited

9. The Austrian Way

10. Alarm!

11. Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra

12. Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra (Greatest Hits)

13. Keeping Up with the Joneses

14. Marcus Is Captured/To Berlin

15. To The Blimp

16. No Ticket

17. The Blimp Turns Around

18. Brother of the Cruciform Sword

19. Death of Kazim

20. On The Tank

21. Belly of the Steel Beast

22. Canyon of the Crescent Moon

23. The Penitent Man Will Pass

24. Keeper of the Grail

25. Wrong Choice, Right Choice

26. Finale & End Credits

All from the Concord set or Greatest Hits.

• 1 month later...

What interesting rerecordings of Indiana Jones music are out there?

Not so much in comparison with Star Wars I guess.

I was thinking of:

- the two Spielberg/Williams albums (with Parade of the Slave Children, Scherzo, and Basket Chase)

- the Tanglewood concert files of Marion's Theme and Irina's Theme

- the English Anything Goes of the Prague Philharmonic

- on the Milan compilation, there's a rerecording of Short Round's theme if I'm not mistaken, but this isn't anything special apart from the grander ending note I think.

I've also just ordered that Big Screen Adventures CD with the LSO recording of the Han & Leia suite on it, I'll let you know if there's anything interesting in the Indy suite.

Any good Kunzel recording?

Anything else?

I just loaded each of the Concord discs and added the cues from disc 5 and placed them in order.

I left the DCC as is and did not mix any of the two Raiders albums together.

Okay, here's my Temple Of Doom list. I've finally finished all the edits and it sounds great! :rolleyes:

Main Score (Un-merged Cues):

1) High Life In Hong Kong / Anything Goes

2) Shanghai, 1935

3) The Deal For The Diamond / Indy Negotiates

4) Too Much To Drink / The Nightclub Brawl (with Anything Goes overlays)

5) Through Chinatown / Escape By Air (with the missing insert)

6) Over The Himalayas / Out Of Fuel (with the revised 'Map' section)

7) Down The Snowbank / In The Raft

8) Indy And The Villagers

9) The Elephant Ride (Short Round's Theme)

10) The Scroll / To Pankot Palace

11) Nocturnal Activities / The Strangle Hold

12) Behind The Walls / The Secret Passage

13) The Bug Tunnel / The Spike Chamber

14) The Temple Of Doom / The Thuggee Ceremony

15) The Sankara Stones

16) Children In Chains

17) Short Round Escapes

18) Willie's Sacrifice / Saving Willie (edited version of track 14 joined with the concord track)

19) Crusade Of The Slave Children

20) Short Round Helps / Indy Takes Charge

21) The Mine Car Chase

22) Water!

23) The Sword Trick

24) The Rope Bridge / British Relief (percussion joined with the concord track)

25) Return To The Village & Finale

26) End Credits (edited exactly like the film version)

Merged Cues:

1) Anything Goes (includes Anything Goes and the playoff)

2) The Adventure Begins (includes all the music from the beginning of Indy Negotiates to the end of Slalom)

3) Nocturnal Activities (includes all the music from the beginning of Nocturnal Activities to the end of Death Trap)

4) Underground Heroics (includes all the music from the beginning of Willie's Sacrifice to the end of Shorty Helps)

5) A Bid For Freedom (includes all the music from the beginning of Water! to the end of the End Credits)

Other Cues:

1) Anything Goes (no vocals)

2) Anything Goes (english alternate)

3) Anything Goes (mandarin alternate)

4) Club Obi-Wan (piano demo)

5) Too Much To Drink / The Nightclub Brawl (original score alternate)

6) Through Chinatown / Escape By Air (original score alternate)

7) Over The Himalayas / Out Of Fuel (original score alternate)

8) Over The Himalayas (score insert)

9) The Indian Village (bootleg)

10) The Old Priest's Tale / Secrets Of Pankot Palace (bootleg)

11) The Child Returns (bootleg)

12) Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Doom Suite 1 (concert arrangement)

13) Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Doom Suite 2 (concert arrangement)

14) The Elephant Ride (Short Round's Theme - concert alternate)

15) To Pankot Palace (film alternate)

16) Entrance Of The Boy King (demo 1)

17) Entrance Of The Boy King (demo 2)

18) The Emperor's Entrance / The Feast (bootleg)

19) Exhchange Of Glances (demo)

20) Nocturnal Activities (concert alternate)

21) The Temple Of Doom / The Thuggee Ceremony (film alternate)

22) A True Believer / Indy Possessed (bootleg)

23) Willie's Sacrifice (bootleg)

24) Willie's Sacrifice (alternate)

25) Saving Willie (alternate)

26) Crusade Of The Slave Children (concert alternate)

27) Crusade Of The Slave Children (concert arrangement)

28) The Mine Car Chase (concert alternate)

29) On The Rope Bridge (alternate)

30) The Broken Bridge / British Relief (original score alternate)

31) Finale & End Credits (original score alternate)

32) End Credits (concert alternate)

33) End Credits (original score alternate)

That's one hell of a lot of music!!! ROTFLMAO:rolleyes:

I don't think Fortune & Glory is on the lego game. The one I have is a bootleg cue.

The 'fortune and glory' bit, is on the end of "The Child Returns" (bootleg) cue. It's a very abrupt edit though. I don't know who did it. It cuts off just before "The Elephant Ride" (Short Round's Theme) kicks in.

The Rope Bridge percussion from the Lego game is included as "On The Rope Bridge" (alternate). :rolleyes:

My mistake. I meant "They Stole the Children (Alternate)".

That's what you get for not paying attention for 4,5 months!

BTW: Did you pitch-fix the applicable tracks and mess around with them to make it sounds more like everything came from the same source?

I probably would never hear the pitch issues, but I can imagine that a mix from DVD rip with the new CDs might sound a bit jarring.

That's why I'm a bit wary of trying it myself. I'm not a good music editor and especially not if there's a sound quality difference.

My mistake. I meant "They Stole the Children (Alternate)".

That's what you get for not paying attention for 4,5 months!

BTW: Did you pitch-fix the applicable tracks and mess around with them to make it sounds more like everything came from the same source?

I probably would never hear the pitch issues, but I can imagine that a mix from DVD rip with the new CDs might sound a bit jarring.

That's why I'm a bit wary of trying it myself. I'm not a good music editor and especially not if there's a sound quality difference.

Yep, all pitches are fine to my ears! :rolleyes:

Which region are your DVDs from? I can supply the score with, or without, the 4% speed-up. :rolleyes:

LOL! My DVDs are Region 2, but I would prefer the scores in their original speed.

It still confused me that Region 1 DVDs play at a different speed.

Are you people SURE that Region 1 DVDs on Region 1 players DON'T play at the same speed as Region 2 DVDs on Region 2 players?

Isn't it just when you play Region 1 DVDs on Region 2 players and vice versa that things get messed up?

Substituting "Region 1" and "Region 2" with "PAL" and "NTSC" in my previous post:

It still confuses me that PAL DVDs play at a different speed.

Are you people SURE that PAL DVDs on PAL players DON'T play at the same speed as NTSC DVDs on NTSC players?

Isn't it just when you play PAL DVDs on NTSC players and vice versa that things get messed up?

LOL! My DVDs are Region 2, but I would prefer the scores in their original speed.

No problem - I'll start slowing them down! :rolleyes:ROTFLMAO

I prefer them at a faster speed, but I'm not opening that can of worms again!!! :rolleyes:

No problem - I'll start slowing them down! :lol::D

I prefer them at a faster speed, but I'm not opening that can of worms again!!! :P

LOL. I probably wouldn't really care either way.

But I do think the original version would be preferrable, just because it's the original.

4% faster is more efficient time usage though.

Quite sure.
Incredible... :|

My edits of the material presented in the Concord releases.

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK:

1. Raiders March

2. In the Jungle

3. The Basket Game

4. Marion's Theme

5. Washington Ending & End Credits

TEMPLE OF DOOM:

1. Anything Goes

THE LAST CRUSADE:

1. Indy's Very First Adventure

2. To Austria

3. Father and Son Reunited

4. The Austrian Way

5. Finale & End Credits

Ok, I've posted my ToD list, and now for The Last Crusade. :P

Main Score:

1) Utah, 1912 / The Cross Of Coronado / The Circus Train

2) The Portuguese Coast, 1938

3) Father's Study

4) Flight To Venice / X Marks The Spot

5) Ah, Rats! / The Tomb Of Sir Richard

6) The Speedboat Chase (with the missing opening)

7) The Journey To Austria

8) Castle Brunwald / Searching For Dad

9) Marcus Is Captured / To Berlin

10) The Austrian Way

11) The Floor's On Fire.....And The Chair! / Alarm!

12) The Motorbike Chase

13) First Flight From Germany

14) No Ticket

15) Turning Around / Back To Germany / Leaving The Zeppelin

16) Keeping Up With The Joneses

17) The Brother Of The Cruciform Sword / Reuninion With Sallah

18) Death Of Kazim (with Nazi Fanfare insert)

19) On The Tank / The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword

20) The Belly Of The Steel Beast / Indy vs Vogel

21) Indy's Alive / The Canyon Of The Crescent Moon

22) The Name Of God / A Leap Of Faith

23) The Last Knight / The Keeper Of The Grail

24) Wrong Choice, Right Choice

25) Finale & End Credits

Merged Cues:

1) Indy's Very First Adventure (includes all music from the Opening Titles to the end of The Portuguese Coast, 1938)

2) The Story Unfolds (includes all music from the beginning of Father's Study to the end of X Marks The Spot)

3) Escape From Castle Brunwald (includes all music from the beginning of The Austrian Way to the end of The Motorbike Chase)

4) The Tank Chase (edited just like the film: Belly Of The Steel Beast into On The Tank (including Nazi Fanfare insert) into Indy vs Vogel)

Other Cues:

1) Indy's Fanfare (unused original score)

2) Package From Dad / To Donovan's House (bootleg)

3) The Legend Of The Holy Grail / The Inscription On The Rock (bootleg)

4) Into The Catacombs (bootleg)

5) The Speedboat Chase (original score alternate)

6) Father And Son Reunited (bootleg)

7) Don't Call Me Junior! / Elsa's Betrayal (bootleg)

8) Marcus In Iskenderun (bootleg)

9) The Motorbike Chase (concert arrangement)

10) Keeping Up With The Joneses (film alternate)

11) Keeping Up With The Joneses (film alternate, revised section)

12) Retrieving The Diary / Meeting Hitler (bootleg)

13) Death Of Kazim (original score alternate)

14) Professor Jones Is Shot / The Penitent Man Will Pass (bootleg)

15) Indy's Fanfare (unused original score)

Not quite as much as ToD, but still! :lol:

Thanks very much, Mr. Breathmask. Interesting indeed. AND weird. :lol:

That does explain the DVD-rip vs. OST pitch/speed issues with the ToD bootleg though.

Looks good, Maxxie! Did Der Königgrätzer make it into there anywhere?

And did you use any DVD rip material anywhere in there?

Looks good, Maxxie! Did Der Königgrätzer make it into there anywhere?

And did you use any DVD rip material anywhere in there?

;)

Yeah the Konwhateveritis is the "Retrieving The Diary / Meeting Hitler" track. ;)

I presume the bootleg tracks are DVD Rips, but I didn't rip them personally. All the pitches / speeds are correct though! :P

So "Retrieving The Diary / Meeting Hitler" is not the same as "To the Blimp" from the bootleg, but is the German march instead.

There's actually two versions of that march on the bootleg, but I don't know which one would be the better.

The bootleg is actually a PROPER bootleg; it contained almost all the music from the film without SFX and was not a DVD rip.

However, the sound quality was really crappy.

I recall hearing rumours that certain parts of the score could be cleanly ripped from the DVD though.

Judging from the film, Bug Tunnel/Death Trap does not overlap with the ending of The Secret Passage.

But it's hard to hear, am I correct?

It does overlap, but the film edit is terrible because the last few seconds of "The Secret Passage" is cut. You're right though, you can't really hear it, even on the DVD rips! :(

So "Retrieving The Diary / Meeting Hitler" is not the same as "To the Blimp" from the bootleg, but is the German march instead.

Yep. ;)

There's actually two versions of that march on the bootleg, but I don't know which one would be the better. The bootleg is actually a PROPER bootleg; it contained almost all the music from the film without SFX and was not a DVD rip. However, the sound quality was really crappy. I recall hearing rumours that certain parts of the score could be cleanly ripped from the DVD though.

I've no idea which version I have, but it sounds good. Not quite as good as the new box set, but far better than the some of the other crappy bootlegs! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I have started work on making my own extended editions.

What I'm trying to do is to represent as much music as possible in chronological order with any real alternates I can find.

What I'm hoping to achieve is to make something that might actually be considered more-or-less a good final representation of the score,

at least with the material available to us at the moment.

For that reason, I would REALLY appreciate your input and assistance in making this as good as it can possibly get.

For now I have most tracks separated, but I'm wondering which ones would be best to be merged.

I did not bother with any pitch corrections. I don't know how to and don't know the difference.

When I'm done with the whole edition, would anybody care to fix the pitch in order to make it a more definite version?

+ Indicates a track that was not on the Concord release at all

++ Indicates a track that contains music not on the Concord release

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

This version is pretty much final.

01 - The Raiders March [Concord track, without coda]

02 - South America, 1936

03 - Temple of Chachapoyan Warriors

04 - Boulder Escape

05 - Flight from Peru

06 - Government Agents

07 - Journey to Nepal

08 - The Medallion

09 - To Cairo

10 - The Basket Game

11 - Bad Dates

12 - The Map Room: Dawn

13 - Reunion and the Dig Begins

14 - The Well of the Souls

15 - Discovery of the Ark++ [Concord track with DCC LP track 12 at the end]

16 - Through the Wall

17 - The Mummy Cave+ [From the "Fake Bootleg"; cue 8m3)

18 - Airplane Fight

19 - Desert Chase++ [Concord track with the missing DCC parts added back in; edit by member mapsljp88]

20 - Marion's Theme

21 - The German Sub

22 - To the Nazi Hideout

23 - Ark Trek

24 - The Miracle of the Ark

25 - The Warehouse and End Credits [Concord track; with coda]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

This edition still needs a fair amount of work, especially the village, Pankot arrival/dinner, sacrifice and final tracks.

01 - Anything Goes

02 - Shanghai, 1935+ [1m3 DVD Rip from the Editing Package]

03 - Club Obi-Wan (Source)+ [Extended performance by member airmanjerm]

04 - Nurhachi Diamond Deal

05 - Nightclub Brawl++ [With "Anything Goes" overdub restored; edit by member Maxxie]

06 - Fast Streets of Shanghai++ [With missing section restored; edit by member Maxxie]

07 - Over the Himalayas++ [Film alternate, with the LEGO Game section; edit by member Maxxie]

08 - Slalom on Mt. Humol

09 - The Starving Village+ [2m4 DVD Rip from the Editing Package]

10 - They Stole the Children

11 - Fortune and Glory+ [3m2a+3m2 DVD Rip from the Editing Package]

12 - The Trek

13 - Welcome to Pankot Palace

14 - Palace Dinner+ [From the Low-SFX Bootleg]

15 - Nocturnal Activities

16 - The Secret Passage

17 - Bug Tunnel and Death Trap

18 - The Thuggee Ceremony+ [From the Low-SFX Bootleg]

19 - Approaching the Stones

20 - Children in Chains

21 - The Blood of Khali+ [From the Low-SFX Bootleg]

22 - Short Round Escapes

23 - Saving Willie

24 - Slave Children's Crusade

25 - Underground Heroics

26 - The Mine Car Chase

27 - Water!

28 - The Sword Trick

29 - The Broken Bridge, British Relief++ [Film rope bridge percussion added; edit by member Maxxie]

30 - Return to the Village and End Credits++ [Missing section restored; edit by member Maxxie, modified by me to restore the album end credits]

Needs further work; plops at the beginning of track and jarring sound quality change for the restored section; also rather a lot of Raiders March. Is anything doubled?

31 - Anything Goes (Instrumental)+ [From the Editing Package]

32 - Nightclub Brawl (Alternate)

33 - Over the Himalayas (Alternate)

34 - They Stole the Children (Alternate)+ [3m1 from the Editing Package, based on LEGO Game files]

35 - Welcome to Pankot Palace (Alternate)+ [Film Version from the Editing Package]

36 - The Temple of Doom (Album)

37 - Rope Bridge Percussion (Alternate)+ [Alternate Version from the Editing Package, based on LEGO Game files]

38 - Parade of the Slave Children (Concert Suite)+ [From Maxxie's files; unknown source]

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

This version is pretty much final, though I'm considering replacing all Bootleg tracks with those from a different source.

The sound quality of those is closer to that of the non-Bootleg files because a lot of hiss-reduction and filters have been applied by an unknown person.

This does create some less-than-impressive artifacts, but does mean less of a jarring sound quality different between tracks.

So far I have not added the nazi statement in "Death of the Messenger from God"; I'm still debating whether I should or add that as an alternate or just leave it altogether.

01 - Indy's Very First Adventure

02 - Dunn & Duffy Circus Train

03 - The Portuguese Coast, 1938

04 - Package from Dad+ [From the Editing Package; based on original Bootleg]

05 - The Legend of the Holy Grail+ [From the Editing Package; based on original Bootleg]

06 - Ransacked House

07 - X Marks the Spot

08 - Into the Catacombs+ [From the Editing Package; based on original Bootleg]

09 - Ah, Rats!!!

10 - Escape From Venice

11 - Journey to Austria

12 - Castle Brunwald

13 - Father and Son+ [From the Editing Package; based on original Bootleg]

14 - Put Down the Gun+ [From the Editing Package; based on original Bootleg]

15 - Iskenderun (Source)+ [From the Editing Package; based on original Bootleg]

16 - Marcus is Captured [First half of Concord track]

17 - The Austrian Way

18 - Alarm!

19 - Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra

20 - The Road to Berlin++ [Opening from the Editing Package; based on original Bootleg merged with second half of Concord track]

21 - Der Königgrätzer (Source)+ [From the Editing Package; based on original Bootleg]

22 - Berlin Air Terminal

23 - No Ticket

24 - The Zeppelin Turns Around

25 - Keeping Up With the Joneses

26 - The Birds of Charlemagne+ [From the Editing Package; based on original Bootleg]

27 - Brother of the Cruciform Sword

28 - Death of the Messenger from God

29 - Belly of the Steel Beast++ [Film edit merging the Concord track with "On the Tank" and with nazi theme statement restored; edit by member Maxxie]

30 - The Canyon of the Crescent Moon

31 - The Penitent Man Will Pass+ [From the Editing Package; based on original Bootleg]

32 - The Path of God

33 - The Keeper of the Grail

34 - The Power of the Grail

35 - Illumination and End Credits

36 - On the Tank (Album)

37 - Belly of the Steel Beast (Album)

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

For now I have merged king mark's expanded tracks with my original re-ordered soundtrack.

I have yet to listen to crumbs' expanded edition and bonus disc to decide what to add from those.

The placement of the concert suites between "Spalko's Dossier" and "A Whirl Through Academe" is because I want to keep the suites in that order and

want to have "Legend of the Crystal Skull" before "A Whirl Through Academe" and "Agent Irina Spalko" after "Spalko's Dossier".

The first because it can take the place of the diner conversation and the second because I don't want to have the fully developed theme play too early.

I might re-order all this later, especially after inclusion of crumbs' work.

01 - The Raiders March (Concert Suite)

02 - Nevada, 1957

03 - Warehouse Escape+ [From DVD Pre-Vis; edit by member king mark]

04 - Spalko's Dossier+ [From DVD Menu; edit by member king mark]

05 - Legend of the Crystal Skull (Concert Suite)

06 - The Adventures of Mutt (Concert Suite)

07 - Agent Irina Spalko (Concert Suite)

08 - A Whirl Through Academe

09 - The Journey to Peru

10 - Cusco Market Place (Source)

11 - Oxley's Cell

12 - Grave Robbers

13 - Secret Doors and Scorpions

14 - Orellana's Cradle

15 - Eyes of the Skull

16 - The Snake Pit++ [From DVD Menu + Concord track; edit by member king mark]

17 - Jungle Chase++ [From DVD Pre-Vis + Concord track; edit by member king mark]

18 - Ants!

19 - Over the Cliff+ [From DVD Pre-Vis; edit by member king mark]

20 - Through Eyes and Tears

21 - Ugha Warriors

22 - The City of Gold

23 - The Throne Chamber

24 - Spalko's Gift

25 - Water Escape

26 - The Departure

27 - Finale and End Credits

Indiana Jones: Bonus Tracks

This contains the interview, a whole lot of concert suites from unknown sources and some inserts and alternates that I didn't want to include in the other versions.

I'd very much like to know where all those concert suites came from, so I can properly credit them.

01 - The Raiders March (Concert Alternate) [From alternate Last Crusade Bootleg; unknown source]

02 - Interviews with John Williams, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas

03 - ToD - Anything Goes (English Alternate) [From Maxxie's files; unknown source]

04 - ToD - Anything Goes (Mandarin Alternate) [From Maxxie's files; unknown source]

05 - ToD - Suite 1 (Concert Alternate) [From Maxxie's files; unknown source]

06 - ToD - Suite 2 (Concert Alternate) [From Maxxie's files; unknown source]

07 - ToD - Short Round's Theme (Concert Alternate) [From Maxxie's files; unknown source]

08 - ToD - Nocturnal Activities (Concert Alternate) [From Maxxie's files; unknown source]

09 - ToD - Parade of the Slave Children (Concert Alternate) [From Maxxie's files; unknown source]

10 - ToD - The Mine Car Chase (Concert Alternate) [From Maxxie's files; unknown source]

11 - ToD - End Credits (Concert Alternate) [From Maxxie's files; unknown source]

12 - LC - Escape From Venice (Concert Alternate 1) [From alternate Last Crusade Bootleg; unknown source]

13 - LC - Escape From Venice (Concert Alternate 2) [From alternate Last Crusade Bootleg; unknown source]

14 - LC - Scherzo For Motorcycle and Orchestra (Concert Alternate) [From alternate Last Crusade Bootleg; unknown source]

15 - LC - Keeping Up With the Joneses (Concert Alternate) [From alternate Last Crusade Bootleg; unknown source]

16 - RotLA - Boulder Escape (Insert) [From Editing Package]

17 - RotLA - Through the Wall (Alternate Insert) [From Editing Package]

18 - LC - Don't Call Me Junior [From Editing Package]

19 - LC - Der Königgrätzer (Alternate) [From Editing Package]

20 - LC - Death of the Messenger from God (Insert) [From Editing Package]

21 - LC - Unused Indy Fanfare [From Editing Package]

He did a lot of hard work to slow them back down to their original speed. So the files should be good.

I'm not the best music editor in the world (far from!), so I'm relying on other people's work to get a proper end result.

Just finished my TOD edit, using material from the Concord release, the Lego game, and my own DVD rips. At least, I think I'm finished. =P I may add the bit of Once in a Vial without the dance orchestra to the end, since the version in my album proper does include the overlay.

1. Anything Goes [includes Anything Playoff] [3:01]

2. A Tribute to Vernon (Source) [from DVD rip, with some looping to complete the piece] [1:40]

3. Shanghai, 1935 - To India [includes dance orchestra and Map Extension from game] [17:03]

4. Fortune and Glory [The Old Priest through The Elephant Ride] [8:22]

5. The Scroll - To Pankot Palace [4:26]

6. Palace Source #1 [1:37]

7. The Maharaja's Entrance - Palace Source #2 & The Dinner [5:23]

8. Nocturnal Activities [the cue, not the track - clean ending from DVD rip] [3:31]

9. The Secret Passage [starts with Strangle Hold (DVD clean opening) and continues all the way through Bug Room & Death Trap] [9:16]

10. The Temple of Doom [includes More Sacrifice from DVD rip] [5:11]

11. Approaching the Stones [2:39]

12. Captured [8:06]

13. Short Round Escapes [2:22]

14. Saving Willie - Escaping the Temple [11:30]

15. The Mine Car Chase [3:41]

16. Finale - End Credits [18:59]

17. Anything Goes (Orchestra & Choir) [3:02]

18. The Old Priest's Tale (Original) [3:26]

19. To Pankot Palace (Insert) [0:58]

20. Water Music (Insert) [0:07]

(1:54:10 total)

Just for reference, here are a few of the speed changes I made from the Concord tracks:

Indy Negotiates: +.421%

The Old Priest: +2.04%

Saving Willie: +1.177

Short Round Helps Out: +1.136%

The Sword Trick: +1.245%

EDIT:

I've now posted those speed changes in the official Indy pitch thread, along with a few more. Also, I just edited "Fortune and Glory" slightly - in the last measure of "The Child Returns" before" The Elephant Ride", the first beat (1-e-and) is missing, but it's practically identical to the first beat of the measure before, so I looped it in there. Much better. Also, I forgot to mention that in my edit, there's no gap between "The Child Returns" and "The Elephant Ride." There's a slight gap in the film, but it seems more musically correct to omit that. And it sounds nice, as long as there's a slight but noticeable increase in volume when "The Elephant Ride" hits.

8. Nocturnal Activities [the cue, not the track - clean ending from DVD rip] [3:31]

9. The Secret Passage [starts with Strangle Hold (DVD clean opening) and continues all the way through Bug Room & Death Trap] [9:16]

Interesting, what was your reason for splitting up Nocturnal Activities and Stranglehold?

Could you post those pitch corrections to the official pitch corrections thread?

Interesting, what was your reason for splitting up Nocturnal Activities and Stranglehold?

I was originally going to leave them together, but they're slightly separate in the film, and there's nothing on the scores that indicates they were necessarily intended to run into each other immediately, though that's a strong possibility. I don't like how they sound with just a split second of space between them - that's how they are in the film - but when they're on separate tracks with a few of seconds between them, it's not a problem. (Mind you, if they'd released the two cues with clean endings/openings, as they did for many other TOD cues, I probably would have edited them together. :angry: I'm a completist like that...gotta have both versions.)

Could you post those pitch corrections to the official pitch corrections thread?

Sure thing.

I have now done some further work on Temple of Doom.

I think I'm pretty much done now, but I need to check everything to make sure it sounds good to me.

01 - Anything Goes - 2:47

"Anything Goes" from the Concord ToD Disc

02 - Shanghai, 1935 - 0:13

1m3 "Anything Playoff" DVD Rip from the Editing Package

03 - Club Obi-Wan (Source) - 4:03

Extended performance by member airmanjerm

04 - Nurhachi Diamond Deal - 3:55

"Indy Negotiates" from the Concord ToD Disc

05 - Nightclub Brawl and Fast Streets of Shanghai - 6:07

Contains "Anything Goes" overdub and restored missing section; based on edits by member Maxxie

06 - Over the Himalayas and Slalom on Mt. Humol - 5:06

Contains COMPLETE "Map/Out of Fuel" track with LEGO map extension and continues with "Slalom on Mt. Humol"; excludes the end of the track

07 - The Starving Village - 1:44

Contains the end of "Slalom on Mt. Humol" and continues with 2m4 "The Indian Village" DVD Rip from the Editing Package

08 - They Stole the Children - 3:50

"Indy and the Villagers" from the Concord Bonus Disc

09 - Fortune and Glory - 2:16

3m2a+3m2 DVD Rip from the Editing Package

10 - The Trek - 2:26

"Short Round's Theme" from the Concord ToD Disc

11 - Welcome to Pankot Palace - 4:23

"The Scroll/To Pankot Palace" from the Concord ToD Disc

12 - Palace Dinner - 0:48

From the Low-SFX Bootleg

13 - Nocturnal Activities - 5:51

"Nocturnal Activities" from the Concord ToD Disc

14 - The Secret Passage - 3:28

"The Secret Passage" from the Concord Bonus Disc

15 - Bug Tunnel and Death Trap - 3:27

"Bug Tunnel and Death Trap" from the Concord ToD Disc

16 - Approaching the Stones - 2:37

"Approaching the Stones" from the Concord ToD Disc

17 - Children in Chains - 2:39

"Children in Chains" from the Concord ToD Disc

18 - The Temple of Doom - 2:55

"The Temple of Doom" from the Concord ToD Disc

19 - Saving Willie - 4:45

Contains "Short Round Escapes" and continues with the first half of "Saving Willie"

20 - Underground Chaos - 9:03

Contains the second half of "Saving Willie" and continues with "Slave Children's Crusade" and "Short Round Helps"

21 - The Mine Car Chase - 3:37

"The Mine Car Chase" from the Concord ToD Disc

22 - Water! and The Bridge - 9:05

Contains "Water!" and continues with "The Sword Trick", the 11m3 "Rope Bridge Percussion" Rear Channel DVD Rip from the Editing Package and "The Broken Bridge/British Relief"; excludes the end of the track

23 - Return to the Village and End Credits - 9:57

Contains the end of "The Broken Bridge/British Relief" and continues with "Return to the Village/Raiders March" and "End Credits"; missing section restored from the RPO recording

24 - Anything Goes (No Vocals) - 2:46

From the Editing Package

25 - Nightclub Brawl (Album) - 2:29

"The Nightclub Brawl" from the Concord ToD Disc

26 - They Stole the Children (Alternate) - 3:21

3m1 The Old Priest's Tale from the Editing Package - source: LEGO Game

27 - The Rope Bridge (Alternate) - 2:12

From the Editing Package; source - LEGO Game

28 - Parade of the Slave Children (Concert Suite) - 4:50

Concert suite from John Williams' Greatest Hits

TOTAL TIME: 1:50:57

04 - Nurhachi Diamond Deal - 3:55

"Indy Negotiates" from the Concord ToD Disc

05 - Nightclub Brawl and Fast Streets of Shanghai - 6:07

Contains "Anything Goes" overdub and restored missing section; based on edits by member Maxxie

Why would you ever want to listen to Indy Negotiates without it directly segueing into the nightclub brawl?

09 - Fortune and Glory - 2:16

3m2a+3m2 DVD Rip from the Editing Package

10 - The Trek - 2:26

"Short Round's Theme" from the Concord ToD Disc

Why wouldn't you combine these 2 together?

19 - Saving Willie - 4:45

Contains "Short Round Escapes" and continues with the first half of "Saving Willie"

Why would you break Saving Willie in half?