Sign in to follow this  
Henry Buck

The new Macbook

They had one at the Apple Store in my mall, and it was actually pretty easy to get used to. I spent a few hours updating my Facebook status with it, and it definitely got easier with each word I typed.

My goodness, it's a giant i-pod! :lol:

That's what I was thinking as well. I would get extremely annoyed by having to use that click wheel all the time for "typing" stuff. I'd rather stick to a traditional MacBook (if I got one) instead of that thing. I'm not sure too many people would buy that.

Edit: Of course the price for that thing is outrageous like most of their laptops/computers.

I think there's a few suckers in this thread.

"every file is a few hundred clicks away"

"It remains to be seen whether the wheel will catch on in the business world where people use computers for actual work and not just dicking around"

"Moving on the police warn that the sudoku killer will kill either 1, 4 or 9 victims next."

:blink:

lol ya I caught that bit too about the dicking around part, Mark. I don't think many people in the business part of things will be buying one of those to use as a regular laptop. As Drax stated it would take a very long time for someone to "type" up a report.

I don't think many people in the business part of things will be buying one of those to use as a regular laptop.

As a die hard Mac user, I still predict that no one will buy this computer. You heard me right! Not a single one of these will be sold.

That's my prediction.

Neil

I don't think many people in the business part of things will be buying one of those to use as a regular laptop.

As a die hard Mac user, I still predict that no one will buy this computer. You heard me right! Not a single one of these will be sold.

That's my prediction.

Neil

Gotta be more optimistic than that Neil. I'm sure there will be at least a few people out there who will buy one just to have it.

That's my prediction.

Neil

Gotta be more optimistic than that Neil. I'm sure there will be at least a few people out there who will buy one just to have it.

To quote the great Dean Vernon Wormer: "Zero-point-zero".

Neil

I dunno. I kinda like it.

It's all white and shiny, just like my iMac. It'll look great next to my iPrint printer.

I think I shall have one of these. Although the next-gen one that weighs less, would be better to hold out for.

Just watched the video - I don't like it at all at first glance - hope it isn't real, or if it is, that Steve isn't planning to release it from its cage with the Apply fanboys :lol:

It's a great machine.

star_trek_the_motion_picture1.jpg

Neil