Who Watches the Watchmen?

Wycket

I still dont get how people complain that the film is too close to it's source material,

I don't care. I have a passion for film, not for comic books. Also, when I watched the film, I was mesmerized from the very first frame to the last. When I later looked up the comic book on the internet, my first reaction was, this can't be it, this is too plain-looking, probably some kind of fan-made expansion.

I kid you not.

Alex

You know, we could discuss the changes, approaches all we want. But the reason I found this film somewhat of a disappointment (not a catastrophe) is because... I felt nothing while watching it and it didn't tickle my brain either. It didn't add anything to the Watchmen experience that wasn't there before. I just felt the original achieved the same (and more) without the 150 million budget - there is just something pointless about all of it.

But I do admit it's bold of Snyder to introduce this kind of a material for non-literate audience.

Karol

But I do admit it's bold of Snyder to introduce this kind of a material for non-literate audience

I think Snyder's slow and artsy approach is bold. It's bound to upset people (who don't look to film as art) and it did.

• 2 years later...

I have ordered the comic and should get it tomorrow.

IMG_8330.JPG

I got the cheapest version of the several that were available to me. Considering Alan Moore's impeccable left wing beliefs, many of which I agree with I've decided to not spend too much money on his work. 

I would not want any of it to go towards Thatcher!