Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

10 Years of JWFan

We had EZ Board, Boardhost and the Groovy Yak board before

Didn't we also move this to Yahoo groups for awhile?

yes because we were so nice, ChrisChrusherComix never argured with Stefancos, and I never argued with Stefancos, and Indysolo never argued with Stefancos, and The Phantom Trio, Stefancos, ChrisChrusherComix, and King Mark, never ever battled each other for post count supremacy.

Or forget how lovely Rogue Leader could be at times........

:lol:

We had EZ Board, Boardhost and the Groovy Yak board before

Didn't we also move this to Yahoo groups for awhile?

yes because we were so nice, ChrisChrusherComix never argured with Stefancos, and I never argued with Stefancos, and Indysolo never argued with Stefancos, and The Phantom Trio, Stefancos, ChrisChrusherComix, and King Mark, never ever battled each other for post count supremacy.

Wonder what ole William is doing?

Happy Birthday, JWFan!

The funniest thing is ... thanks to all the new game sources, I'm STILL re-editing Phantom Menace on a semi-regular basis. :lol:

The funny thing is I doubt it'll be a never ending process unless Lucasfilm and Sony release the complete intended edition with great sound.

(And yes, there was a MB switchover that didn't preserve the original sign-up dates for veteran members. It seems to me, though, that a good many of the original board membership are still around and posting ... a wonderful accomplishment for an online fan community!)

I agree it is a wonderful accomplishment.

I, too, am part of the original boards, though maybe a few months after it debuted.

Gosh, so much has happened in 10 years. The only thing I am still doing now that I was doing 10 years ago is lurking around the John Williams fansite.

I'll still be here 10 years from now.

He just loved George Lucas.

I actually started visiting in early 2000, attracted by EJ's edits of unreleased TPM music. I peeked at the board on a fairly regular basis too, but never got up the nerve to join. Even when I registered when the move was made to this board (coinciding with the release of Episode II) it took a couple of years for me to come out of my shell and join the group fully.

I actually have no idea when I started posting here.

You were always here.

No, Marian started to post here after the FSM MB turned sour all of a sudden. it never reallly recovered.

I actually have no idea when I started posting here.

You were always here.

No, Marian started to post here after the FSM MB turned sour all of a sudden. it never reallly recovered.

Eh, for what its worth, its really the MovieMusic boards that have never recovered from their heyday.

A big huzzah to Ricard and thanks to all of the many contributors and great people i've met here over the years!

Didn't really start posting until 2001 but remember the original page so well!

Morn, Ren, Hlaroo and Miguel (and others i've probably forgotten) are missed but maybe they still have a look from a distance.

- Tim

A big huzzah to Ricard and thanks to all of the many contributors and great people i've met here over the years!

Didn't really start posting until 2001 but remember the original page so well!

Morn, Ren, Hlaroo and Miguel (and others i've probably forgotten) are missed but maybe they still have a look from a distance.

- Tim

Hey Tim, I'm still here! :)

I miss Miguel's, Ren's, even Morn's regular contributions, but I'm under the impression they still lurk around here a bit. (Morn posts every once in a while.)

- Hlao-roo

Exactly. I never witnessed the GroovyYak days. I think I first became aware of JWFan when I was organising the 2001 Goldsmith concert meetup.

Cool. So, which members left are actually from 1999?

I don't post all that much, but yes, I was here in the beginning. I even sent in music files from the PC Podracer game.

I posted at FSM and MM before I posted here as well. While all three sites are shells of their former glory, this one has fared best. MM is just unvisitable, and FSM is only worth going to see some of the nonsensical posts of some current and past members of this board.

Congrats on the 10-year jubilee, Ricard! I know I haven't really been a part of this board for many, many years, but I still remember you talking about the creation of a Williams site back in our yahoo club chat days in 1998! Jesus, I can't believe it's been that long. ;)