The Quick Question Thread

rpvee

23 hours ago, rpvee said:

Does anyone know anything about this “digipak” version of the ‘97 A New Hope soundtrack? Is it rare?

https://amp.cdandlp.com/en/john-williams-the-london-symphony-orchestra/star-wars-a-new-hope-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/cd-x-2/r118356588/

Those are the editions released in 1997.  I bought each the day they came out in my local music store back in January and February of that year.

16 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The reissues? Without the extensive notes?

No. RCA Victor released the 1997 special editions in a rare and hard to find set featuring the Struzan posters on the covers. I've seen these editions in a friend's collection.

More about it here - http://episodenothing.blogspot.com/2014/12/star-wars-on-cd-which-soundtrack_11.html?m=1

8 hours ago, dougie said:

No. RCA Victor released the 1997 special editions in a rare and hard to find set featuring the Struzan posters on the covers. I've seen these editions in a friend's collection.

More about it here - http://episodenothing.blogspot.com/2014/12/star-wars-on-cd-which-soundtrack_11.html?m=1

Here's Empire with Struzan cover, for only £1.92 + shipping!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Empire-Strikes-Back-John-Williams/dp/B000003G8Z/ref=pd_lutyp_im_2_4/261-4998720-2930467?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000003G8Z&pd_rd_r=047cf3c1-0222-4a25-b1c5-25041a61561d&pd_rd_w=ywqzF&pd_rd_wg=ePM5Q&psc=1&refRID=PGB3XSYP9ETMNZ317QW7

1 hour ago, dougie said:

Indiana Jones has a big house. So why is his wardrobe closet in his living room?

Because he doesn't have a woman to tell him the right way to organize closets. 

Why is Indy's hat shaped differently between ToD and Raiders? In Raiders, his hat has a more square crown, but in ToD, it's more tapered. Does he have several hats lying around for different world trips? I think his Raiders hat looked better.

21 minutes ago, dougie said:

Why is Indy's hat shaped differently between ToD and Raiders? In Raiders, his hat has a more square crown, but in ToD, it's more tapered. Does he have several hats lying around for different world trips? I think his Raiders hat looked better.

One more step in this direction and we're gonna be talking about the tie!

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What about the hat in Crusade?

Don't make me post the tie! We're really on the edge now!

Just now, dougie said:

The Crusade hat has a narrower brim but retains the squarish crown of the Raiders hat.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question. Why is there an option for gender, 'Not Telling', when you don't have to put anything there anyway. Seems like a total waste of a true 3rd gender option!

Imo, the options should be

Sex:

(a) Male

(b) Female

(c) No thanks but I'll have the mint

There are doorbells with the 3rd and 4th notes of Beethoven's 5th, so I don't see why not.

Quick question. Why does everyone I ever knew complain about adverts while watching music and videos? I'm sure someone along the line must have taken one economics class? This is just a universal human trait? I must learn to understand humans, somehow.

6 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

My doorbell rings Rondo Alla Turca

So does ours at work. Only all the notes are slightly off, and each in a different way than the others. As if the battery were nearly empty, but it's been like that for years.

1 minute ago, Marian Schedenig said:

So does ours at work. Only all the notes are slightly off, and each in a different way than the others. As if the battery were nearly empty, but it's been like that for years.

maybe the little Mozart inside is drunk