The Quick Question Thread

rpvee

17 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I'm working my way through the Schindler's List recording sessions and can't help wondering... why are there so many COMPLETE takes of all these cues? Why don't they just re-recordt whatever bars someone didn't like? Why do they record a whole piece multiple times? Isn't that an… enormous waste of time?

This is how it's always done

Not always. We have clean performance pickups with chatter for The Droid in Alien, for example. I guess the idea is that eventually the players get into the groove and selecting a single rehearsed take is easier, or the playing will be overall better in the moment immersed in the piece or stuff like that.

How do I properly embed album art into the Windows Media Player? Lately, I'm facing the problem that when I insert an album cover for the entire album the album art is only assigned to the first track. In the explorer the cover is assigned to every track, but not in the Windows Media Player - looks shitty. Any solutions or recommendations for a better program? How's "Groove-Music"?

I transitioned to MusicBee from folders+VLC and it's really great! Winamp hasn't been supported for years now, it's officially abandoned.

huh

I used to use it on my phone but it was buggy so I switched to Poweramp. Otherwise my main memory of it is the cool ring visualisation things that I really enjoyed as a kid, listening to the 2 songs we had on the computer at the time.

Oh god, WinAmp for Android was terrible!  I use PowerAmp on my Android phone every day, and it's terrific

Steef carries a secondary portable device to exclusively play music instead of using his smartphone to do so.  Dedicated music players tend to have better DACs

I've never seen an ad in it.  TBH I tried it out for a few months then eventually went back to just using WinAmp.

But I just launched it and there's no ads

Good question.  It isn't discussed that often across most electronics websites from my experience, and it's personally nothing I've ever considered when making my smartphone choice.  It'd be like 12th on my list after a ton of much more important features a smartphone needs to have to suit my needs.  So IDK.

That's 8M2 New More Rescue from ANH, retitled to "Shootout In The Cell Bay" for the 1997 2CD set, and the opening portion of "The Rescue Of The Princess" on the original OST album (and 1994 box set)

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Is there a way I could export all my forum posts to a single document? I don't want to delete them, just save them in one file.

Absolutely not, unless you're prepared to copy and paste every single post you ever did.

I guess its something only Andreas would be able to do. Its not a feature thats available for use here.

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Is there a way I could export all my forum posts to a single document? I don't want to delete them, just save them in one file.

You would need a program to download every html file from the entire website, then merge them into one file, and then delete everything that's not yours. 

21 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I've never heard of any forum software having that feature, at least not out of the box. IPBoard had tons of plug-ins that could be bought and installed, but I don't think you can search through them without having an account on their forum 

Close Encounters

It has probably been discussed before numerous times, and I've asked before too, but should I watch the theatrical (the only cut I've seen) or one of the other two? I don't folks to immediately write off the others, I'd just like to get a consensus on if it might be worth a shot (i.e. pros and cons of the special cuts).

JWFanners from Canada, a little help, please?

I'm considering doing business with a canadian company. Before that, however, I want to check to see if the company is for real, if they are really genuine, and not a scam. Is there a canadian government website where I can check information about canadian companies?

Thanks.