The Quick Question Thread

rpvee

2 hours ago, Jwfan2234 said:

I swear . How many 14 year old kids like JW can I show proof? Plus I am giving away a free $5 PayPal 

Oh, so to you, the 17 year old slut is a slinky cougar. To the rest of us, she's still jailbait. 

Ennio Morricone wrote 100 scores in a five-year period from 1965-1969.  Is he in fact a musical cyborg from the future come to rule us lesser organic beings?  Because I can't even imagine how that kind of productivity is possible for a human being.

4 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks, bud. 

There's actually a much simpler way to do it than using that site.  If you are playing a video at the spot you want to link to, you can right-click and select "Copy Video URL at Current Time."  That link will go to the time you were at.

time stamp.png

I just add &t=__m__s to the end of the URL myself.

I never figured out how to do it on the old forum software going through the embed code or whatever, but it's so easy now just pasting in the URL.

1 hour ago, Taikomochi said:

There's actually a much simpler way to do it than using that site.  If you are playing a video at the spot you want to link to, you can right-click and select "Copy Video URL at Current Time."  That link will go to the time you were at.

Even better! 

39 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

I never figured out how to do it on the old forum software going through the embed code or whatever, but it's so easy now just pasting in the URL.

Yeah, same. I was unaware that the new software allowed us to do it this way by just posting the adapted URL.

Thanks again, guys. 

On 9/3/2016 at 1:12 AM, Gnome in Plaid said:

Ennio Morricone wrote 100 scores in a five-year period from 1965-1969.  Is he in fact a musical cyborg from the future come to rule us lesser organic beings?  Because I can't even imagine how that kind of productivity is possible for a human being.

Morricone has spoken about this a couple of times in his interviews. He has said that a lot of the film scores he did during that period where written early and the movies themselves were released quite late, so that's how you ended up seeing 10 or scores from here by year.

Yep.  IPBoard 3.1 was the pinnacle of this software, and we should have never upgraded beyond it.  For every good thing the new versions have brought, plenty others have suffered.  But there's no going back now.

Did a search and it's still here, though obviously not pinned anymore: 

Jay made the last post, something about creating a new thread that would be more up-to-date and mobile-friendly? :P

On 11/03/2016 at 6:05 AM, mrbellamy said:

You can also have YouTube construct the URL by clicking the "Share" link below the video (if you're not viewing it embedded into another page, that is).

On 12/03/2016 at 4:30 PM, nightscape94 said:

I do miss the easy quote within a quote ability without having to manipulate or force it when I'm editing.

I haven't even figured out how to do it.