What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

On 2/16/2017 at 0:27 PM, Stefancos said:

Alex is only watching it because it has Clara from Doctor Who, Jason.

Perfectly valid reason at that.  She's gorgeous.

One Punch Man

http://cdn.breathecast.com/data/images/full/32842/saitama-of-one-punch-man-season-2.jpg

Simply put:  THIS IS AMAZING.

Parasyte -the maxim-

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e3psAHvZeAM/V0xLJ9aKRPI/AAAAAAAAEUQ/IIw2rBroS24DwmJgQoqsD60WIv65_JovACLcB/s1600/w82s7flwxbmmu4ige5fp.gif

Very cool show that I've wanted to watch for a while.  Has it's flaws later on with how it sets up its final two villains, and I almost thought it was gunning for the worst ending ever (but thankfully it recovers nicely), and it becomes a bit didactic in the final stretch, but terrific entertainment.

Santa Clarita Diet 1x09 The Book!
Santa Clarita Diet 1x10 Baka, Bile and Baseball Bats

Lame ending to a lame show.  Like I said before the first season was just a total rush job of plot, bounding from idea to idea without developing any of them, dispatching of every interesting character along the way.  The final two brought us Derek Waters and Porcia De Rossi as some pretty good ones, but Waters was only good in one scene before they ruined him.  De Rossi should stick around if the show gets renewed but overall I just found I couldn't and don't care about anything that happened this entire season and will have forgotten it all very soon.  Oh well.

The idle evening guilty pleasure continues unabated and we have nearly gotten up to date with Benidorm, last night's episode of which ended with Joan Collins, in a "may as well" sort of way, resolving to get jiggy with Johnny Vegas in a hotel room. 

JQi3sYn.jpg

After that, I can basically stop watching all forms of visual entertainment henceforth, TV and movies, because I feel like I have seen it all. May as well sell the telly. 

Finally got around to watching Deadwood. Two episodes in and I already know it's going to be worth my time. I'm not a fan of the genre but great writing and acting makes any concept great. Blu-ray transfer looks tad disappointing though.

Karol

I watched Riverdale, Netflix's brand new Twin Peaks plundering (probably the most blatant ever). Managed to get through about 25 minutes of it but I couldn't bring myself to see it through to the end of the pilot. Far too many immaculately beautiful people for my liking, I struggle to suspend disbelief when the entire cast look like bland handsome catalogue models. If you're in your early twenties though, it's probably perfect entertainment with style (it's had great reviews). It's not for me though. 

9OMoS8K.jpg

It seemed squarely aimed at 18-26s to me. Glossy, slick and sexually charged in every scene... just because. 

I was hoping for more grown ups in main roles, like Twin Peaks has, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out there probably aren't any. 

It is based on the Archie comics. From what I've heard, it's basically a hyper-sexualised adaptation of it for today's young audiences. My friends couldn't stand it.

'American Crime Story'

Put into today's context it's a fascinating look into the american psyche (it is, anyway). Though seeing this million $ carnival spectacle just to get a former NFL star off the hook might make you blink once or twice during the sometimes frankly surreal juristic shenanigans.

7 hours ago, KK said:

It is based on the Archie comics. From what I've heard, it's basically a hyper-sexualised adaptation of it for today's young audiences. My friends couldn't stand it.

Were the comics a Twin Peaks rip off then? 

Interesting that like Americans the English seem to be totally oblivious to anything going on outside their country.

The Archie comics have been going on since 1939. And I fail to see where the comparison with Twin Peaks comes from.

I'm going to buy Isabelle a selection of them in a couple of years, see what she thinks. Maybe Prisoners of the Sun and The Seven Crystal Balls would be a good introduction. It's nuts how much they consume literature as soon they are able. 

The Legend Of Korra

Book Two: Spirits

Once the two-part "Beginnings" kicks in the rest of the season is top notch stuff. Great world and mythology building and the finale feels like it could have ended the show. Can't imagine how the narrative could possibly escalate from here, but I look forward to diving into Season 3. A damn shame that Nickelodeon will never release Jeremy Zuckerman's music for the rest of the series. It's brilliant. 

Star Trek: DS9 - The Forsaken

Ambassador Troi on DS9, with the usual season 1 station in danger subplot.

Actually one of the better Lwaxana episodes. She has no reason to be there, but the way she leeches herself to Odo is at first entertaining and later quite moving.

I've seen Majel Barret in several Star Trek roles and I have no idea if she is anything other that a mediocre actress. But she's always been absolutely fearless in her portrayal of Lwaxana. Anything more measured or restrained would make the character ineffective.

Auberjonois is a perfect straight man for her as the always measured and restrained Odo. 

The subplot where the station computer actually develops something of a crush on O'Brien is actually quite as fun and cute as a technobabble plot can be.

Slow but enjoyable episode 

8 hours ago, crocodile said:

Halfway through Deadwood season 1. So far it's great.

Karol

It's great all the way through. 

Holy! Has this been posted before? It's Bryan 'Hannibal' Fuller's new series!

Hannibal is a crazy and fascinating show.  I hope one day they can make their version of Silence of the Lambs with this cast, now that they got through Red Dragon