What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

The most heinous organization in history!

The worst is that they still continue, ok, they have less power than they once have, but they still cover criminals. A vulgar and still very dangerous sect. It brings me nausia.

And let's also not forget - let's not forget, Dude, that keeping wildlife, uh, an amphibious rodent, for uh, you know, domestic... within the city, that ain't legal either.

On 8/2/2017 at 7:14 AM, KK said:

New trailer for Netflix's answer to True Detective:

Trailer wasn't great, but show looks like it has potential.

I thought the trailer was extremely effective, aside from some of the on-the-nose dialogue.  Very much looking forward to it.  Haven't watched a Netflix series since last year's Stranger Things.

2 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

Haven't watched a Netflix series since last year's Stranger Things.

Check out The OA.

Yes, watch it but don't expect Stranger Things

6 hours ago, crocodile said:

Started season 3 of Deadwood. Season 2 was just as great as season 1.

Karol

I know!

22 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

Well, I didn't start with Stranger Things, I've been a Netflix subscriber for like 7 years.  It's just the last of their original programing that I've seen.

Watch The OA.

20 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Do you any of the 'big' shows, Drax? 

What does this mean?

I'm not sure what he means by 'big' shows either. As opposed to 'small' ones?

Here are all the TV shows I've ever seen from start to finish. Some even several times.

Seinfeld

The Simpsons (seasons 1-17, 20, only ones available in DVD/BD)

Star Trek

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Stargate SG-1

Stargate: Atlantis

The X-Files

Smallville

MacGyver

Lost in Space

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Angel

Firefly

Sliders

Seaquest DSV

Batman '66

War of the Worlds '88

Xena: The Warrior Princess

Boston Legal

Damages

Dallas (reboot)

Dynasty

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles '87

The Real Ghostbusters

Godzilla the Series, '98

Married... With Children

RoboCop: The Series

V '09

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Count Duckula

Eerie Indiana

Goosebumps

American Gothic

The Visitor

The Twilight Zone '59 and '85

Tales from the Darkside

Tales from the Crypt

A Haunting

The World at War

If there are any more I remember, I'll add them.

The ones I routinely watch these days that are actually airing are B&B and Wheel of Fortune.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

What does this mean?

You didn't understand? I meant current 'golden age' productions. It's not really any different to asking somebody if they watch all the big movie releases over the course of the year or so. I don't think it's a particularly opaque question.

1 hour ago, Sally Spectra said:

I'm not sure what he means by 'big' shows either. As opposed to 'small' ones?

Here are all the TV shows I've ever seen from start to finish. Some even several times.

Seinfeld

The Simpsons (seasons 1-17, 20, only ones available in DVD/BD)

Star Trek

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Stargate SG-1

Stargate: Atlantis

The X-Files

Smallville

MacGyver

Lost in Space

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Angel

Firefly

Sliders

Seaquest DSV

Batman '66

War of the Worlds '88

Xena: The Warrior Princess

Boston Legal

Damages

Dallas (reboot)

Dynasty

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles '87

The Real Ghostbusters

Godzilla the Series, '98

Married... With Children

RoboCop: The Series

V '09

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Count Duckula

Eerie Indiana

Goosebumps

American Gothic

The Visitor

The Twilight Zone '59 and '85

Tales from the Darkside

Tales from the Crypt

A Haunting

The World at War

If there are any more I remember, I'll add them.

The ones I routinely watch these days that are actually airing are B&B and Wheel of Fortune.

So that's a no then.

21 minutes ago, Quintus said:

You didn't understand? I meant current 'golden age' productions. It's not really any different to asking somebody if they watch all the big movie releases over the course of the year or so. I don't think it's a particularly opaque question.

Read your post again please.  The one I quoted and asked about.  You forgot a word.

Oh sorry I see what you mean now, my bad. 'WATCH' should have been inserted into the sentence.

This is actually something I do all the time, I drive myself mad with it. Even after I read back what I've typed I'll often fail to see the missing words. I put it down to my age and tiredness, but it's probably some obscure condition I've developed.

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

So that's a no then.

Feeling snooty today?

Watched the first two episodes of Chewing Gum on Netflix.  A British import they're billing as a Netflix Original.

I love it!  Really really funny and endearing.

Two thumbs up!

c14ff4c23f0771fd0dd580f386408871.jpg

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Chav Central, by the looks of it!

Some of that for sure, but it's definitely pretty thoughtful about looking beyond the stereotypes too.  It's a really good show!

It's not marketing.  It's me calling it what it literally is: a show produced and aired in the UK that Netflix purchased the rights to show in the US.  An import from the UK.

And the show may be unknown to you, but presumably somebody must be watching because the creator/star, Michaela Coel, won the BAFTA for Best Female Comedy Performance and it's had 2 seasons.

Trust me, few fuckers are talking about "Chewing Gum" here, or at least anyone over the age of 20. You can try and hype it up here from your country all you like, but it ain't the case here in the UK, that's just how it is. Netflix though are hoping to change that, so good luck to 'em. They have some success at bringing a show to a larger audience than originally achieved, Still Game for example. A BBC Scotland airing which I have now seen and very much love due to Netflix purchasing the streaming rights some time ago.

Keeping up my trend for watching things 10 years after everybody else, I spent the last few weeks watching Ricky Gervais' Extras. Top quality comedy which ended when it had nothing left to say. The best way.

The Ian McKellen gay episode is the most hysterical thing I've watched this year.

On 15/08/2017 at 3:16 PM, Quintus said:

Keeping up my trend for watching things 10 years after everybody else, I spent the last few weeks watching Ricky Gervais' Extras. Top quality comedy which ended when it had nothing left to say. The best way.

The Ian McKellen gay episode is the most hysterical thing I've watched this year.

I like the David Bowie episode, and the song.

The Defenders. Watched the first half. It's watchable but bit generic. At least by combining all storylines into one the show doesn't waste as much time. We'll see what the last 4 episode will be like.

Karol

The Leftovers

Season 1 is finished. Lindelof lifts the narrative playbook from LOST and applies it to a much more complex dramatic context. The first two episodes are a bit rocky but from "Two Boats and a Helicopter" onward, it's pretty good stuff. I think it's funny that @Quintus's major concern, the protagonist being too good looking, is referenced several times.

Some of the music selections felt a bit off in the beginning, but as the season progressed, and their duality as both non-diagetic and diagetic sound became apparent, I started to like it more. 

Another issue is the suspension of disbelief required in some aspects of the show. Such as, how the hell Garvey hasn't been fired or suspended due to his belligerent and clearly corrupt actions as chief of police. Or how the Guilty Remnant are funded and appear to have access to unlimited cash to serve their purpose (perhaps answered later on). And lastly, the wildly exaggerated daily activities of high schoolers. This last one also got better as the show progressed, but I still couldn't get over how over-the-top that first party was. Snorting cocaine and stabbing each other with heated utensils was never a part of my high school days.