What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Bates Motel has been on our "to watch" list for a while, along with Man in the High Castle, The Americans, and one or two others.  Problem is new shows keep coming out that push them back....

We watched the first 3 episodes years ago, liked it well enough, but then so many other shows came out, we just never resumed it, and now we'd basically have to start all over again

I watched The Americans and Bates Motel but it's really not that great. They are ... okay. Watch them if you have nothing else to watch.

My next show will probably that David Fincher thingy on Netflix.

The consensus I've seen online for The Americans seems to be that it doesn't get great until Season 3 (The sixth and final season airs next year), and Bates Motel I forget if it was either season 2 or season 3 where it supposed gets great (they've aired 5 seasons total and its over now)

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

It's more realistic and relatable than Big Bang is!

Not if you are a nerd.

19 hours ago, Alex said:

Curb is great. I fascinated by the way it's all more or less improvised.

Also, Whose Line is my all time favourite TV show, although I prefer the UK version!

Too staged though.

Not improvised at all.

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

The consensus I've seen online for The Americans seems to be that it doesn't get great until Season 3 

I've seen them all and each season feels similar in quality to me.

Can we talk about Star trek disco over here since over there they are erroneously talking about the golden age of tv ?

Oh my God. Norma and Emma are dating. This show is such an amazing character study. Because he only ever half existed, I can't tell if his affection for her is a result of the Norman side or the Mother side. Or some weird mishmash of both. An attempt by Norman to make Mother jealous? My brain!

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

You can just admit that you enjoy something that I enjoy, Alexcremers.

He's like that with me too. As soon as I said I liked Westworld, all he did was put it down. I'll have to watch some of his other posh shows, praise them, and see how he reacts.

My wife and I watched the first two episodes of the currently airing season of The Great British Bake-Off

It's good!  I miss Mary Berry much more than I miss Sue & Mel, but Prue (her replacement) is good.  I'm a fan of both Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig, and I think I might actually like them better than Sue & Mel as hosts.....

We haven't really picked favorites from the contestants yet.  It's hard when the field is so large in the first few episodes.  Wait for the standouts to appear.

Noel and Sandi are so cute.  I know Noel mostly from his rather absurdist sketch comedy and Sandi I know exclusively from her appearances on and later hosting of QI.  They're both quite fun and honestly, I don't miss the constant double entendres that were Sue & Mel's bread & butter.  Sandi projects a maternal, fiercely intelligent warmth and Noel's just a big kid.  They go well together, surprisingly.

Bar Association.

Rom starts a union after Quark docks the pay of his staff at the bar and Worf moves out to the Defiant. The scene were Odo reads out a list of security breaches on the Enterprise is very gratifying. More flirting between Dax and Worf and some chemistry between Rom and Leeta.

Great little DS9 episode.

Just finished the first season of The Good Place (with Ted Danson and Kristen Bell of Veronica Mars fame)...and it is fantastic. At first I thought it was a fun and quirky if disposable sitcom, but it really doesn't get stuck in a formula rut...at all. It kept surprising me and now it's one of my favorite modern shows. I hear the current season is even better and I'm having a hard time waiting to see it...may just splurge on a season pass!

Yavar

Heh, I was aware of that show when it came out last year and was kind of vaguely interested, but it quickly dropped off my radar when no one seemed to be talking about it anywhere.

This a few weeks ago I randomly had the live TV on the antennae and the season 2 premiere started which was introduced with a little recap of season 1.  I thought the plot developments it outlined that happened over season 1 was EXTREMELY interesting and I'm planning on starting the show soon!  Season 1's on Netflix and Season 2's on Hulu

I thought it was very interesting conceptually and the overall plot of season 1 was very ambitious, but the actual comedy never really clicked with me.  I think I'm just tired of this particular sitcom style.  I can't stand Brooklyn Nine Nine for the same reason and even quit on Parks & Rec before the final season.  Sorry Michael Schur, you're just not for me anymore.

The Tina Fey style still really clicks with me, which is why I'm still on board with Kimmy Schmidt.

It's been a while since I really thought about P&R, but I remember at the time thinking that it never really hit the peak of season 3 ever again, which is IMO one of the best seasons of any sitcom in TV history.

I'm not sure what's going on with season 2 of Gotham, but it's not very good so far. It's obvious Penguin and Fish Mooney carried the first season and their absence is felt. This new Joker (?) character is pretty lame.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

I'm not sure what's going on with season 2 of Gotham, but it's not very good so far. It's obvious Penguin and Fish Mooney carried the first season and their absence is felt. This new Joker (?) character is pretty lame.

Is season 2 the one with Paul Reubens?  I remember being vaguely interested just because of his involvement, but not enough to actually watch.

Watched more Great British Bake Off.  We're up to episode 5, definitely picked our favorites.  Not the strongest crop of bakers, but my wife and I both like Steven, Liam, Yan, and Sophie.

Also, hey @Stefancos!  Noel Fielding filmed a segment in Holland to show us how stroopwafels are made!  It was a technical challenge for the bakers in episode 4.

Dollar Bill Spencer set the Spectra building on fire because he wants that lot so he can build his skyscraper on it. And Shiela and Quinn have been catfighting even more, this time with pillows loaded with feathers. A far cry from when Quinn recently threw an iPad at Shiela's head, leaving her with a concussion.

#boldandthebeautiful 

Bates Motel S5: Best season so far. It actually feels like a sequel to the first movie. The part of the actor who plays young Bates has become way more difficult but he's acquitting himself quite well. Has anybody noticed that sheriff Alex Romero looks like the real Norman Bates? Nobody? Really?!

latest?cb=20130322063121

Alex

7 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Norman went to a strip club. This series is fulfilling many of my craziest fantasies.

bates-motel-fb-4.jpg

tumblr_o4sih76MXC1sbv5kro4_500.gif

Raj would never be shown doing this in Big Bang!

Is Bates Motel the ultimate antidote to the offensively implausible Big Bang Theory?

It illustrates weedy, geeky guys for what they really are - deceitful, jealous, malicious and simmering with explosive self-loathing. The opposite to the cutesy, superficial and fantastical portrayal of nerds in TBBT repackaged and romanticised for the ignorant masses.