What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Just watched the second half of Amazon's Tick series. Love how comic-booky the series gets its second half, considering how strangely serious the first half-was. A bit weird to watch a Tick series with a legit story-arc, but it actually works. Serafinowicz is a good Tick, and Griffin Newman is a great Arthur, also Jackie Earle Haley is practically unrecognizable as The Terror. I especially loved Townsend Coleman's voice cameo in the last episode, which was a really nice touch. Good stuff. 

On 11/03/2018 at 3:51 PM, Alexcremers said:

Hmmm ... Thanks for reminding me about The Deuce.

It's actually very good Alex. You do appreciate both The Wire and Treme so this shouldn't be any different. This show is obviously not as grand (yet) as the former but it is probably more exciting to watch than the latter. It is both disgusting and fascinating to watch - the way it portrays sex in such a dispassionate documentary-like way. What distinguishes it is quite impressive art direction. It has the glamour of the 1970's New York to go for it which makes it more visually interesting than either. And since I've watched the entire season in less than a day should tell you how much I enjoyed it. Good stuff, already looking forward to season 2.

Karol

20 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

I especially loved Townsend Coleman's voice cameo in the last episode, which was a really nice touch. Good stuff. 

Okay, so he was Midnight in however many episodes that mutt appeared in. Did he have another role? I didn't recognize him as the voice of the animated The Tick because that was a LONG time ago for me. 

1 hour ago, Woj said:

Okay, so he was Midnight in however many episodes that mutt appeared in. Did he have another role? I didn't recognize him as the voice of the animated The Tick because that was a LONG time ago for me. 

No it was just Midnight. I had forgotten he was in more then one episode though. It was just cool hearing his voice, especially since I had actually rewatched The Tick cartoon, not too long ago before the Amazon series premiered. I recognized him immediately. 

I want to rewatch the cartoon over the summer, maybe the Patrick Warburton show too. The phrase "gravity is a harsh mistress" has stuck with me for years. 

9 hours ago, crocodile said:

It's actually very good Alex. You do appreciate both The Wire and Treme so this shouldn't be any different. This show is obviously not as grand (yet) as the former but it is probably more exciting to watch than the latter.

I appreciate The Wire? That's an understatement!

But it's true for Treme. I really liked the first season but decided to call it quits after S2 because it was getting repetitive. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Forerunners of the Golden Age, Alex?

Back in the day, Bochco stood above the rest.

7 minutes ago, publicist said:

I'm happy to report that two episodes in 'The Terror' is very much a winner. 

Really? I mean, I'm worried because it's a Ridley Scott production ... 

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

Really? I mean, I'm worried because it's a Ridley Scott production ... 

I was, too, but it is miles above twaddle like 'Man in the High Castle'.

8 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Alex, Inc.

Meh. 

It is-a high concept show where couples are mixed race to provide normalization. It does not seemed forced in any way.

Like alway alex you are wrong. The show looks dreadful so you will love it.

How's the new Macgyver, Joe? :lol:

Anyhoo, I watched two episodes of a Judd Apatow produced show and I'm not quite sure what to think of it. It's not super great but so far it's watchable. It might be a grower ...

p13767318_b_v8_aa.jpg

Is anyone watching The Expanse? I’ve had my eye on this one for a while, and have heard nothing but good things about it. But I haven’t pulled the trigger and committed to watching yet because I typically can’t stand the crap SyFy  produces (BSG excepted).

32 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I’ve heard nothing but good things about it.

20 minutes ago, Quintus said:

It's good.

Thanks for the confirmation and insight. ;)

Sorry, it's because I've only seen the first four or five episodes, early last year. I got distracted by something else at the time so I've been meaning to start it again from the beginning soon. I can't really remember too much about it now, other than thinking it was full of potential (I generally don't enjoy space age TV science fiction).

1 hour ago, Nick1066 said:

I typically can’t stand the crap SyFy  produces 

Gave up on it after 20 minutes. It didn't appeal to me probably for the same reasons you don't like SyFy shows either. Maybe I'm too highly demanding when it comes to sci-fi. 

MV5BMjMzNzE0MTQxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjEw

It just doesn't look or feel good to me.

54 minutes ago, publicist said:

Go watch 'The Terror'

Planning on it.  I read the book a few years ago and it was outstanding.

I'll wait 'til the seasons done though and binge it (like I do for pretty much everything these days). 

The City & The City, adapted as a four-parter from China Miéville’s novel. More for the atmosphere, the characters, and the attempt to realise the author's bizarre concept on screen, than for the actual plot, which is delivered quite slowly really.

I rather liked The Expanse on my second attempt, but it's very slow and takes a long time and has mostly thin characters (and a lousy main actor). The first time I watched it, I saw the first two episodes and had no idea what it was about. But when you stick to it, it does get quite interesting.

We watched the first five episodes, but I haven't been able to talk myself or my wife into going back. 

Really looking forward to the return of The 100 later this month. 

6 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I rather liked The Expanse on my second attempt, but it's very slow and takes a long time and has mostly thin characters (and a lousy main actor). The first time I watched it, I saw the first two episodes and had no idea what it was about. But when you stick to it, it does get quite interesting.

Its very obviously based on GOT.

I'm currently watching the new Netflix's Lost in Space.

Stuck in Episode II... it's a little bit boring and previsible... the chit chat between the kids... ZZZ.... and I really hope the robot will learn to speak, because it will be very looong.

But... is it...real... music that I hear in this series?  Real music with a melody... and not just background ambiance music?

Oh wow.  :o