What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

With Westworld I'm stuck in an opposing forces vacuum where on one hand I am put off by Nolan's involvement but on the other hand it has Anthony Hopkins doing TV. So I'm eternally deterred and intrigued at the same time. Star Trek TNG used to make whole episodes out of these sort of dilemmas, they'd just add a space vortex of some sort.

That's not even what I was implying in the slightest you oversensitive ninny! And it's a bit rich of you - given how you regularly descend onto the video game thread here, with your bored nonsense. Come on dude!

18 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Battlestar is a foundational Golden Age show as far I’m concerned

The best thing about the new Battlestar Galactica is that it introduced me to the old Battlestar Galactica, an imaginative, adventuresome, and romantic saga from the 70s. The remake is a remake—except they made every character an unlikable drunk. And dressed them all up in 20th Century American clothes for some reason.

Star Wars Rebels Series Opener

A Spark of Rebellion

The prelude to the series, this 45 minute episode introduces the characters of the Ghost crew, how they meet a certain Ezra Bridger, and how their mission to interrupt Imperial shipments causes concern amongst the Empire, who are afraid of any possible freedom fighters joining together to fight their forces. No real standout moments save an Obi Wan Kenobi cameo: his recoded transmission from Revenge of the Sith warning all surviving Jedi to stay away from the temple. Kevin Kiner uses the mysterious opening notes of Tales of a Jedi Knight to signify the mystery of the force, which young Ezra appears to be strong with, according to Ghost crew member and undercover Jedi Kanan. The Imperial motif and Rebel fanfare are used often, giving the episode a classic feel. Other than that I'm not particularly thrilled, but I will continue with Season 1.

A double bill of stinkers mid way through Seinfeld S3 last night: the bizarre and unfunny subway ride epi and the utterly shit Pez one. That's an hour I could have spent watching something else better.

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

A double bill of stinkers mid way through Seinfeld S3 last night: the bizarre and unfunny subway ride epi and the utterly shit Pez one. That's an hour I could have spent watching something else better.

I generally only remember the great George episodes, i guess it's a few seasons ahead when he's with the New York Yankees and later, he marries - or rather, squirms under the thumb of commitment. Those are of best CYE flavour.

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

I never watched Seinfeld in terms of its seasons. Is Elaine working with Peterman yet?

2 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I never watched Seinfeld in terms of its seasons. Is Elaine working with Peterman yet?

She'd have still been working for Pendant Publishing in Season 3. I think she starts working for Mr Peterman round about Seasons 5 or 6 after she gets the sack from Mr Pitt.

Great British Bake Off starts on Aug 28.  Just in time to be a welcome respite once a week when we’ve got a newborn to care for.

I’m also looking forward to college football starting in a couple of weeks

7 hours ago, Quintus said:

Yeah, two of the weaker episodes, relatively speaking. 

2 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

You'll love Mr Peterman. He reminds me of Jay.

And if Jay is undead, I'll find out about that too.

4 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

She'd have still been working for Pendant Publishing in Season 3. I think she starts working for Mr Peterman round about Seasons 5 or 6 after she gets the sack from Mr Pitt.

Pendant?  Those bastards. 

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

Still enjoying my getting into Seinfeld, it's generally good light entertainment in the evenings. But I figure I haven't hit the fabled "golden era" seasons yet.

Indeed. You’re in for a real treat. 

Seinfeld had a seamless part I and part II episodes storyline last night, 'The Boyfriend'. Great return to form! Seinfeld fawning all over his new buddie, a baseball player (who was presumably really famous in the US at the time). Really fun scenarios and the usual final punchline right at the end, the Larry David sig.

Yea Keith Hernandez was well-known at the time.  The whole helping a friend move allegory for losing virginity is hilarious, and something I probably didn't get when I first saw it when it originally aired as a kid then got during syndicated reruns in college.

The JFK bit is pure gold too

The JFK thing was brilliant! I had to explain it to Kate though (she hadn't seen Costner play Garrison). It's quite strange to see an old telly comedy revelling in topical items from the day.

23 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

One thing I always liked about the show is that at no point during its long run did Jerry Seinfeld ever attempt to act.

This I've noticed. He grins his way through everything, no matter how amusingly bad it's supposed to be. I guess it's key to his charm really. 

I've still got S3 left to watch and then it'll be finito. Three seasons of Evil Dead TV was a very nice companion piece, thank you very much Rami, Tapert, Campbell and co. 

16 hours ago, Quintus said:

This I've noticed. He grins his way through everything, no matter how amusingly bad it's supposed to be. I guess it's key to his charm really. 

He's there to respond to whatevers happening to him in the scene and little else. You can occasionally see Jerry just looking at his costars anticipating his next line.

Its beneficial to his character and the show, imo.