What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I just can't look at Seinfeld with such a critical eye or pseudo-reviewer mentality. For me, it's a show I've routinely marathoned so much in the last 20 years, it's become a part of the ambience of my house and the lexicon of my social engagement. And now I see people trying to intellectualise it and that just seems icky and wrong to me.

Meh, Drax is a bit of exaggerating dick sometimes. The only person I see overthinking anything here is him.

On the subject of Seinfeld, I watched a couple of episodes last night and in the first one George had a date with and ended up shagging that bint who was Chandler's ex in Friends. They seemed to really hit it off too! Good episode. But in the next one she's been completely forgotten about and seemingly erased from existence?

Just now, Quintus said:

Meh, Drax is a bit of exaggerating dick sometimes. The only person I see overthinking anything here is him.

And Alex accuses me of not thinking at all. Make up your mind, Jay Dubya Fan!

8 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Good episode. But in the next one she's been completely forgotten about and seemingly erased from existence?

All too common for 90's TV, especially sitcoms. Friends is probably one of the first to not do that.

I wonder what you will make of the later seasons of Seinfeld, which do become serialised to a degree and quite meta.

Well all of the other subplots/affairs from all previous episodes so far seem to be ongoing and are often referenced, which is why this one was very jarring (and disappointing actually).

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

On the subject of Seinfeld, I watched a couple of episodes last night and in the first one George had a date with and ended up shagging that bint who was Chandler's ex in Friends. They seemed to really hit it off too! Good episode. But in the next one she's been completely forgotten about and seemingly erased from existence?

That's the entire show.  Apart from the occasional 2-episode appearance, and later Susan for George and Puddy for Elaine, they date someone new every single week

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's the entire show.  Apart from the occasional 2-episode appearance, and later Susan for George and Puddy for Elaine, they date someone new every single week

And usually people way, way out of their league.

I watched it over the last few days. Nothing groundbreaking, but nice enough. I did laugh out a couple of times. The characters are likeable, and it suddenly gets much more story heavy near the end. Will watch part 2 when it comes out.

As far as I remember, Futurama didn't start out nearly as brilliant as it would become after a season or two. Not that I remember it well enough now to compare it directly.

17 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Disenchanted

Not very funny and the story isn't very interesting

The first episode dragged, and the second put me to sleep. I doubt I'll continue with it. 

To be fair, sometimes these things need time to settle in. Have all episodes been made available? I've always felt that new comedy series especially need a little bit of leeway with new viewers.

I was a gnat's dick away from pressing the stop button on The Good Place, and I plodded through about 3-4 episodes of that thoroughly certain of my unamusement of it. And then it suddenly clicked into place. I'm glad I didn't give up, because now I think it's the best new original comedy series on the box and I'm really looking forward to S3 this December.

I liked Danny Pink a lot.  It would've been interesting if he could've been on the show after they decided the Doctor didn't need to be quite such an asshole.  Because man, he was really mean to Danny most of the time and that got a bit wearing.

And yes, Justin.  I know you love the season where he's a complete jerk.  I still prefer season 9 where he's still grumpy, but just nicer about it.

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

Have all episodes been made available?

Yes, the entire first season (10 episodes) of Disenchantment dropped on August 17th.

I was a gnat's dick away from pressing the stop button on The Good Place, and I plodded through about 3-4 episodes of that thoroughly certain of my unamusement of it. And then it suddenly clicked into place. I'm glad I didn't give up, because now I think it's the best new original comedy series on the box and I'm really looking forward to S3 this December.

Love that show

1 minute ago, TGP said:

Good luck Joey.  What will you make?

I'm thinking a simple desert like a butter roll. I just tried it for the first time this summer and I made it for my co-workers. I have now made it half a dozen times and feel like I can make it in my sleep. The trick is to make sure the butter doesn't break. I just don't know how I would deal with pressure. 

Since I got a Chomecast for the loungeroom, I decided to show mum what Netflix was all about. We started off with The Babysitter and Stranger Things. She enjoyed both, and thought the latter was way better than that stupid HBO show Sharp Objects, which we both thought was boring as batshit.