What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Netflix does put the "Netflix original" tag on these shows

I know

, so you can't blame Drax for assuming they're exclusively Netflix.

I didn't.

Discovery is a CBS production, but I believe season one was mostly funded by Netflix. They're paying a lot less for season 2.

Got a link to an article that states Netflix helped fund it?

10 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

When it says "Netflix Original" on my Netflix Smart TV interface, what else am I meant to assume?

I never once indicated that you were supposed to assume or think anything.  I simply told you some facts with no judgement.  Stefan added an air of judgement that my post simply does not have.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia 13x01 The Gang Makes Paddy's Great Again

After all these years... still pretty good.

On 9/11/2018 at 6:14 AM, Stefancos said:

Why not rip them and stream them over your network rather than burn them?

I've never found DLNA to be stable on the devices I've tested. I could rip the episodes and put them on a USB stick, but comedy DVDs often have funny menus, and I wouldn't want to miss those (if there are any).

2 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Finished Season 1 of Bates Motel. These characters are all fucked up but I can't help but love Norma. SCREW OFF, SHITHEAD!

It's a cozy TV show. 

Um, that Margaret isn't allowed to marry whoever she wants because divorced members of Cabinet say it clashes with Christian values to marry divorced men and that the whole thing is subsequently blown off because the Church? At times I was really amazed why everyone just kept going along with all that rubbish. I mean, at the end of the day, the Prime Minister is in charge of the country, the Queen just... is... They all act as though every move she makes might provoke civil war or something.

I agree that it's complete rubbish that the Catholic Church wields such vast political power, and to a large extent still does.

But I'm not surprised by it. It's been like that for nearly 2000 years you know?

13 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

I caught the first episode of the Jonathan Rhys Meyers Dracula show. So in this show, Dracula's an environmentalist entrepreneur who's standing up to some elite cult? What kind of crazy show is this?

It was canceled after 10 episodes so not sure why you're bothering

11 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

HBO? AMC?

It was an american network show - it aired on NBC (That's the channel that brought us Friends, Seinfeld, Cheers, and Law & Order)

Anyone else think Bates Motel is just like Smallville? I mean it's a quasi-prequel series, Norman is like Clark, Bradley is like Lana, Emma is like Chloe. Norma is even like Martha, who both run for public office at some point. And although there aren't any Kryptonite freaks, there certainly are a lot of potheads.

And the Twin Peaks inspiration in this show is certainly present. It's like Psycho meets Smallville meets Twin Peaks. Can't wait for Norman to take a seat on the lounge in Black Lodge...

Just finished season four of 'Decker: Unclassified' on Adult Swim. There hasn't been anything quite like it before and Jack Reacher and Jack Bauer have to step up their game to compete with this quality entertainment. 

maxresdefault.jpg

5 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I don't know why people are so afraid to be associated with snobbery in relation to media and the arts. It should be embraced!

I agree. That's why I proudly proclaimed that I preferred watching Star Trek TNG over Walker: Texas Ranger in the 90's.