What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

No need to explain yourself to me, I just don't like that show as light entertainment. I'd rather watch something daft like Total Wipeout instead, at that time of the night. But we can't and don't watch any airing TV now, as we cancelled the TV licence.

It was the final round of the game, and the contestants picked a category called "Oscar-Nominated Johns", or something to that effect. They were given the names of three people from the film business (I can't remember who the other two Johns were), and the task was to name films for which any of the three received an Oscar nomination.

It'd be amazing to have a JWFan get on there as a contestant and have the category be John Williams scores.  Just say Heartbeeps!  Guaranteed pointless answer!

As I continue to enjoy having nefarious access to iPlayer, I notice that tomorrow night Richard Ayoade is the host of HIGNFY.  Always a fun time when he's on there.

Just now, Nick1066 said:

QI is the best British game show!

Seek out the episodes with Stephen Fry.  

Oh yes, been watching that since randomly discovering it in like 2007, back when it was a LOT harder to track down British shows here.  I do actually quite like Sandi Toksvig as the host as well.  She had always been one of my favorite panellists in the Fry hosting days too.

13 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I notice that tomorrow night Richard Ayoade is the host of HIGNFY.  Always a fun time when he's on there.

I remember Ayoade doing a good job before, though I don't watch Have I Got News for You so much these days. In the 1990s it was unmissable.

(I also hold it largely responsible for allowing Boris Johnson to cultivate a phony image of himself as a sort of bumbling, likeable scoundrel!)

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

QI isnt a game show though, its a panel show.

Well, yes. I should have put game as "game". 

But let's not split hairs, what do you say old boy?

University Challenge is the only game show I watch consistently. It's a straight twenty-five minutes of questions with no faffing around in between. Who cares if the questions are too hard to answer?!

And Only Connect when they put it on on Mondays...

I caught the first episode of Vanity Fair.

Golly, these period costume dramas are so BBC. Foxtel was advertising this show relentlessly, so I felt like I just wanted to check it out. Well Olivia Cooke is cute as a button, so it's worth it for that at least. I suppose you need patience to follow this leisurely stuff.

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

While I was recovering from my minor surgery this week I binge-watched a fuckload of the BBC game show Pointless. 

vasectomy?

About time!

22 hours ago, Quintus said:

Egg Heads is another dull one!

I like Eggheads, because of it's supreme dullness.

23 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Well, yes. I should have put game as "game". 

But let's not split hairs, what do you say old boy?

It's a completely different kind of show than a quiz-show though.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

It's a completely different kind of show than a quiz-show though.

Is there a host that asks questions? Are there guests that answer them? Are there points? Do they keep score? Is there a winning and losing team?

They're stand-up comedians and other assorted celebs going through a semi-scripted comedy show which is made to resemble a quiz.

You wouldn't see Johnny Vegas or Claudia Winkleman on any proper episode of Countdown.

Of course mate...I'm not arguing that QI is a "typical" quiz show...but it is still a quiz show...just one populated with comedians and other celebs who are more interested in taking the piss than winning. I just think you're splitting hairs (or picking nits, if you prefer)! It's not just celebrities sitting around cracking jokes. That's Jools Holland.

For crying out loud, QI's own website calls it a quiz show!

Comedy quiz show full of quirky facts, in which contestants are rewarded more if their answers are 'quite interesting'.

There used to be an American celebrity quiz show I think...Hollywood Squared or something like that. Also a quiz show. ;)

Ash vs Evil Dead.

very funny and gore how I like!

Full of good memories from the old movie (that I watched when I was way too young!)

Hmm, could be good.

On 10/13/2018 at 1:57 AM, Bespin said:

Ash vs Evil Dead.

very funny and gore how I like!

Full of good memories from the old movie (that I watched when I was way too young!)

It started out a bit "eh?" but very quickly found its groove around the same time I did with it. The final season recently aired and I'm looking to seeing it.

Castle Rock

Pretty good, great fall atmosphere, maintains a consistent "mystery box" feeling throughout the entire runtime.  The references to other King stories were a bit ham-fisted in a fan-fictiony way though.  And it's only ten episodes long, another major positive.  

Seinfeld is coasting along very nicely now, season's 5 and 6 are the best it's been as far as I'm concerned. It's an effortless watch full of chuckles and even some hysterical moments dotted about here and there. We finished the race episode the other night, which is surely a classic. Superman music! 

I am really having fun with AHS Apocalypse. 

Tonight's episode makes delicious fun of 1972's Tales from the Crypt.

On 10/12/2018 at 6:51 PM, Stefancos said:

They're stand-up comedians and other assorted celebs going through a semi-scripted comedy show which is made to resemble a quiz.

You wouldn't see Johnny Vegas or Claudia Winkleman on any proper episode of Countdown.

But you stand a good chance of seeing them on Channel 4 'mash-up' 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown.

On 10/25/2018 at 12:50 AM, Alexcremers said:

MV5BMTU4NzA4MDEwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQx

I watched the first episode. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I concur

It shocked me too but I was already disappointed with the second episode. It's like the first episode was directed and written by more talented people. I wouldn't be surprised if the last episode is going to be better as well. 

18 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

It shocked me too but I was already disappointed with the second episode. It's like the first episode was directed and written by more talented people. I wouldn't be surprised if the last episode is going to be better as well. 

The third episode is better. Still waiting to see why people are vomiting.