What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Anyone else see the returning episode of The Good Place this week? The one were Janet played all four main characters! She was a delight, and really bloody great at nailing each of their personalities and mannerisms. I'd been a bit let down with this season so far, as it has largely taken place in the boring real world - I think much of the magic in the previous two seasons was due to the setting being totally offbeat and unpredictable, something which has been lacking up to now in season 3. But I had had a feeling they were saving the really bizarre stuff till later on in, and this episode seems to confirming it. It was a reminder of why it's become such a cult! More people here need to get on this show.

We haven't seen the newest episode yet, but I definitely agree that Season 3, so far, is below seasons 1 & 2.  But like you I always maintained hope that they were saving the best stuff for the end of the season, as they've definitely been spending the first 2/3 of the season building up all the characters more than they ever had before

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Where can I watch it?

It's on Netflix here in the UK. Just know it takes time to click with, or at least it did do for me. I had to watch most of S1 to really get into the vibe, and very nearly rejected it. Initially, it generally looked and felt like the exact opposite of what I'd normally watch.

Just now, Disco Stu said:

He was ok in that, at least he was a cute little kid.  Now he's grown up and his line deliveries are no less stiff and unconvincing than they were when he was 8

Hes playing  autistic convincingly.

Holy crap, that The Good Place last week where Janet played every character was dope!  She's long been my favorite character on the show and that cemented it.  The actress is really talented and I hope she gets more work!  She's also on BARRY on HBO, which is another really good comedy currently on the air

MV5BMjAwMjI0Njg3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY4

Now that i'm through i'm glad i stayed on (even the scoring got positively Horneresque inspirational in the final episode, Glory must have been the temp). It should have probably shortened by an hour, but what is there, a historical seafaring account (and microcosm of english society during the early 19th century) true to the period (not the idiot anachronistic behaviour we often see in in these productions), is very well done, and with engaging actors. 

I Love Lucy special last night. There are no better shows not even Star Trek which btw Lucy is responsible for.

My wife has watched both season and likes it.  She said the second season was less full of surprises than the first, but that they leaned into the aspects that worked most from the first so its kind of more fun as a result

Maybe I'll watch it someday

We just finished BIG MOUTH season 1 and holy hell, I can't believe I missed this show until now!  One of the best comedies on TV, such a wacky combination of true heart and extreme vulgar humor as well

Finally finished Bates Motel. Despite people for some strange reason bad-mouthing Season 5, I thought that the last two episodes are among the best the series has ever produced. 

batesmotel-1280-1484937142589_1280w.jpg

We are watching the new season of Travelers. Its nice seeing Will/Eric not be so indecisive.

46 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Started The Good Place. 

Ted Danson could be a Leslie Nielsen doppelgänger in the right role. 

I know right. I couldn't tell them apart in Creepshow.

I only watched two episodes but it's definitely promising. Yeah, Pullman is always entertaining to watch. The funny thing is that I didn't recognize Jessica Biel. I mean, she looked familiar to me, but it's not the Jessica Biel I remember from 7th Heaven;)

landscape-1510311308-thesinner-keyart-bl

Image result for schitts creek christmas

Schitt's Creek 4x13 Christmas

Damn, I was so hyped for this since it was the first new episode since April, and the promise of flashbacks to before the pilot were promising, but it ended up being a mostly meh episode.  Some laugh out loud moments for sure htough, as always.  Still hyped as hell for Season 5 coming in a few weeks!

• 4 weeks later...

Seasons 1-4 are on both Netflix and Amazon Prime in the US, but I have no clue what's on what in other countries

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Season 13

Pretty good, better than the average post-peak season.  The finale was.... something else.  Very daring, I suppose.  Makes you wonder where the hell they will go next.

Image result for camping us tv

Camping (US) Season 1

One of the worst "comedies" I've seen in modern times, one of the worst HBO shows I've ever seen.  Painfully unfunny, despite the truly great cast.  They must have all signed on without reading any scripts.  Oh well

Schitt's Creek 5x02 Love Letters

Catherine O'Hara absolutely killing it as Moria 2 weeks in a row.  I was laughing out loud frequenty.  The "robbery" was hilarious too.

I also still think it's funny that David and Alexis live in the hotel still despite having fiances and boyfriends

The Good Place 3x11 The Book of Dougs

Not as funny as the brilliant Janet episode, but still funny with nice new characters played by Paul Scheer and Nicole Byers.  Finally the endgame of the season is in sight and I'm curious to see where we're going next.  2 episodes to go!

Sharp Objects Season 2

Sharp Objects

Pretty decent little limited series.  A murder mystery with multiple victims, multiple suspects, multiple investigators, and lots of baggage and issues and interplay between all parties involved.  It had be hard to watch at times, but overall was really effectively shot, acted, edited, scored (no original music, all existing compositions - music actually plays a huge role in the show), everything really.  It's not necessarily ground-breaking or anything, but it is well made.  Amy Adams especially really knocks it out of the park.