What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

16 minutes ago, dougie said:

That Julius Caesar was such a cool guy.

caesar-300x169.jpeg

Ciarán Hinds is the best thing about HBO's Rome. Yes, there are a few other good things, but, IMO, the show isn't as good after Caesar's death. 

Started rewatching Black Mirror with Dave who has never watched before. There are some outstanding episodes. Course its not for everyone. 

Crocodile is my Fav. Love Playtest and Nosedive.

I haven't  watched Bandersnatched. 

The  Hated in the Nation, Entire History of You And National Anthem are all winners in my book. White Bear was some sick justice. The USS Calisister was not good to me.

Not ranked by favorite, just the order they aired:

The Entire History of You, Be Right Back, White Bear, White Christmas, Nosedive, Playtest, Shut Up and Dance, San Junipero

White Bear reminded me of a DS9 episode where O'Brian was imprisoned in his own mind. Hard Times.

On 1/22/2019 at 4:17 PM, JoeinAR said:

Crocodile is my Fav. Love Playtest and Nosedive.

I haven't  watched Bandersnatched. 

The  Hated in the Nation, Entire History of You And National Anthem are all winners in my book. White Bear was some sick justice. The USS Calisister was not good to me.

Why, thank you. :)

Karol

26 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Ive never heard of it 

Me neither. It was on Canvas, my favorite TV channel. Got intrigued and programmed my telebox to record all episodes. If I had known it was this good, I would have waited for the Blu-ray. The adaptation of the second book has very recently been greenlighted. Yes!!

1 hour ago, KK said:

Never heard of it either. But a Cremers 9/10 rating? Colour me intrigued!

Music is by Max Richter of Leftovers fame, so you of all people should check this out, KK.

I've never heard of this show either; What is it about?  Some light googling doesn't reveal much and I don't want to stumble into spoilers

Info on the right side of the google results page says:

Pseudonymous author Elena Ferrante has written four mega-popular Neopolitan novels that explore the complicated intensity of female friendship. "My Brilliant Friend" is the first in the series, and also the first to be adapted for television. Filmed in Italian, the eight-episode drama centers on elderly author Elena Greco, who learns that the most important friend in her life, Lila Cerullo, has disappeared without a trace. It causes Elena to reflect on the early days of their friendship in dangerous but fascinating Naples, Italy, in the 1950s, when Elena and Lila are two very different girls at the top of their class. The story goes on to cover more than 60 years of their lives as Elena tries to describe the mystery of Lila.

ga-10-mybrilliantfriend-s01.jpg

Book 1 or Season 1 only covers the childhood and adolescence of the two girls.  

I rewatched, once again, Carl Sagan's Cosmos. It's quite simply the best thing ever made for TV. I first saw it on TV in I guess my very early teens, and it left a strong impression - not only have a always had a soft spot for astronomy and science in general, and hold Sagan in the highest regard, but when, 20 years later, I first got the series on DVD, I think it was in part the Vangelis music that drove me back to it (Alpha and the Heaven and Hell bit that serves as the main title, in particular).

After watching it for at least the third time on DVD (and fourth in total), it still leaves a strong impression. Not just in the content it presents (fascinating as it is on its own), and not even just through the sheer, even romantic, passion with which Sagan presents its ideas, but also in the way it's made - elaborate and sometimes high-end (considering it was made 40 years ago) animations and reenacted segments, strongly supported by the music: Lots of Vangelis, lots of Shostakovich 11, some Vivaldi and Beethoven and bits of Hovhaness. It all comes together in as an experience that's often more emotional than most successful drama series. It is a documentary programme, yet it's as much art as it is education.

Remarkable also its construction - starting with an introduction to the methods and history of science, going through all kinds of major (not only) astronomical and evolutionary concepts and discoveries (always with a focus on how science as a tool led to them), but culminating in an entire episode that sums up all of these scientific advancements as the great strength of humanity, and constrasting it with all of humanity's shortcomings and dangers. It's a grand plea to human rationality, and as current in nearly all aspects (environmentalism, racism, sexism, and the importance of education for preventing them) today as it was in 1980. This should be mandatory viewing for all school children, and mandatory re-viewing for anyone planning to hold any kind of political office.

2 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I rewatched, once again, Carl Sagan's Cosmos. It's quite simply the best thing ever made for TV.

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24899-star-trek-is-better-than-everything/&

3 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I have started Fargo.

The first episode is a poor attempt at recreating the film. 

Keep watching, if you still don’t like it by the middle of the first season then it’s probably not for you.

The whole second season is magnificent, hopefully you make it that far.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Oh dear! But I thought everyone loved the show?

The movie sucked ass and I dont give a shit about the tv show.

13 minutes ago, dougie said:

It's got no superheroes in it.

No but it has that annoying woman with the horrible accent. You do know that most films I like do not have a comicbook superhero. Or maybe you don't. 

Is Elliot a Superhero, or Brody? Clark Kent is. What about Carrie White, or Amanda Ripley? Rose Dewitt Bukater? I know Clayton Forrester isn't. Harry isn't though he is a wizard. Captain Patrick Hendry is most definitely not but he is heroic. Dr. Jack Griffin has the power of invisibility but he isn't in any way a hero.