What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Dave and I made it through Roma. What a dull slow film that is essentially a two hour soap belonging on telemundo. Yes its exquisitely well shot in b&w. This is a girls gets knocked up out of wedlock guy doesn't care soap material drama. The characters are not especially compelling. There is a reason no one makes movies about this kind of character.  No one really wants to know her. SS is correct this is not Oscar material. I am not sure its emmy material. Its a tv movie. Hardly cinematic. It might work better as a two hour limited tv show. 

Another case of lemmings admiring the Emperor's new clothes.

43 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Dave and I made it through Roma. What a dull slow film that is essentially a two hour soap belonging on telemundo. Yes its exquisitely well shot in b&w. This is a girls gets knocked up out of wedlock guy doesn't care soap material drama. The characters are not especially compelling. There is a reason no one makes movies about this kind of character.  No one really wants to know her. SS is correct this is not Oscar material. I am not sure its emmy material. Its a tv movie. Hardly cinematic. It might work better as a two hour limited tv show. 

Another case of lemmings admiring the Emperor's new clothes.

Wrong thread.

9 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Wrong thread.

No its a tv movie/show. Definitely not cinema 

Oh its definitely a tv film. Like Duel only more beautifully shot but no where as compelling. 

It certainly doesn't look like any TV movie I know. Concept-wise and stylistically, it's an arthouse film. Definitely not for everyone.

43 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

It certainly doesn't look like any TV movie I know. Concept-wise and stylistically, it's an arthouse film. Definitely for a very limited audience.

Yes.

For My dear pal Alex I watched the final episode of season 5 and beginning episode of season 6 from Criminal  Minds. The two episodes featured Tim Curry in his 2nd most monstrous role. He plays serial killer/spree killer/rapist Billy Flynn who travels to us killing victims and leaving one alive but scarred. Tim Curry is simply pure evil, totally beyond redemption (but so was Darth Vader). SADLY it was among his final filmed role.

Alex can chastise me over the show which he deems terrible though I wonder how he could possibly know. I suspect I have seen more Breaking Bad (tv's greatest show ever except maybe the Wire) than he has CM. 😉😉

Tim Curry as Billy Flynn.jpg

"What a load of toss! He ate so much Sirloin, until his colon gave up and threw in the towel".

"He used to bring people off, in the street".

"He used to bring people in off the street".

"I said that".

"You said...something else".

"Ah (beat) he used to bring people off, in the street".

"You said it, again".

"Agh!"

Priceless.

But there's so much else that's great in that episode, like Homer having to wear a pink shirt to work, Burns' memorable line "judging from his outlandish attire, he must be some kind of free thinking anarchist!", Bart and Marge's "poor house/crazy house" exchange, the cuckoo nest references, the tempting pink donut, etc.

But only now they're scrambling to cover their arses after the ep's been out for almost 30 years?

I think you're the only who complained about the sand. The poster's photo is processed, so it looks more like a stylized poster or a cover and less like a snapshot, and that's why you have a problem with it. Many JWFaners have a problem with anything that doesn't look natural. 

Dgiuu9qX0AEv92N.jpg

I think looking natural is whats missing. Todays dp's are scared of real natural colors.

4 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Sometimes real doesn't look good.

So not true

2 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

I think looking natural is whats missing. Todays dp's are scared of real natural colors.

A lot of covers and posters don't look natural. 'Real' sometimes doesn't cut it.

2 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

So not true

Try to explain that to graphic designers. You rarely see a natural photo of a product in advertising. Why? Because real doesn't look good enough.

Frasier, middle of season 2. I cn't stand this guy anymore! He finally gets together with a potential partner and is then jealous to find his unbearable ex-wife at the same spot with another guy. Urgh... What to watch next?

@bollemanneke, if you just start calling it NILES, and concentrate on him, and Marty Crane, you'll enjoy it a lot more.

I've taken to watching CHEERS, and EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND. The latter should be called EVERYBODY LOVES PETER BOYLE, because he steals every single scene that he's in!

I'm also reacquainting myself with MIRANDA. Is it me, or is Miranda Hart sexy?

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Thanks, but I've already deleted the episodes. I have to like the main character if I'm going to waste 20 minutes every two days on him/her.

But...but...it's not his show. It's worth watching for what goes on around him.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Its not you!

Phew!

Just been going through my routine rewatch of The X-Files. Up to the beginning of Season 3. This is my first rewatch marathon to include the new seasons.

Mum just said she could imagine Bette Davis as Scully and Ronald Reagan as Mulder. That just blew my mind...