What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

Chernobyl offers insight to what happened with the power station and the people that were involved ... but that's about it. The universal raving about this show feels like another case of mass hysteria to me. Yes, it's a good (mini)series but the best ever?! 7/10

It's more engaging than reading the Wiki page, that's for sure!

Parents remember the only "news" around was people being heavily discouraged to pick and eat salad and lettuce from their gardens.

I thought it lost all steam and tension in Episode 4, but the "full explanation" in Ep5 was worth it. It was pretty good in all.

3 hours ago, Holko said:

I thought it lost all steam and tension in Episode 4, but the "full explanation" in Ep5 was worth it. It was pretty good in all.

The dogs episode was pretty weak, I agree. A cheap way to evoke drama.

I only saw 1 and 2, but it's great that there are only 5 episodes. I know a lot of Much less riveting material is stretched over the same number of seasons.

I will pass. Current event filmmaking is so damn uninteresting. 

I live in the south. We know more about racism than most. 

Watched NOS4R2 again last night. Having never read the novel I am hust enjoying it for what it is. I am sure King's novel is better.

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

I will pass. Current event filmmaking is so damn uninteresting. 

You're always free to add explosions and dinosaurs in your mind.

Anyone else watch The Act?

Good Jeff Russo score. Another show using anamorphic lenses for TV, I'm not sure what the meaning is, but it looks cool. Why are all these new dramatic shows so dark and disturbing? I'm starting to miss Mister Ed.

Yea I've talked about how many shows are now 2:1 on this board several times.  Fincher started the trend with the House of Cards pilot

I don't fret over it unless the director can be seen in the rearview mirror.

18 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

2:1 by mathematical definition provides a wider field of view than 1.78:1...

Not necessarily if the resulting image originates from a full frame image captured through a standard spherical lens. They've simply cropped it more, not made it wider.

23 minutes ago, The Original said:

Not necessarily if the resulting image originates from a full frame image captured through a standard spherical lens. They've simply cropped it more, not made it wider.

That's all the aspect ratio/wideness of an image is: The ratio of horizontal vs vertical content. An image gets wider by using a wide angle lens or moving further away from the subject, and less wider by using a tele lens, moving closer, or cropping. Assuming the framing is the intended goal, you choose from these options to achieve it.

Barry - Season 2

This show is fantastic. Career highs for Bill Hader, Stephen Root, and Henry Winkler. Always loved the last two in their supporting roles over the years, but it’s great to see them shine here. Up there as one of my favorite black comedies alongside In Bruges. Episode 5 is a marvel on the technical front. 

Yup great show!!

I didn't like Season 2 quite as much as Season 1, but it's great overall

My wife and I both loved seasons 1 and 2.  I am very curious to see how smooth the transition will be to season 3 with a completely new cast, no holdovers from the first two at all as far as I know.

I thought Alex loved The Crown?

The Crown is definitely better than Downton Abbey, though it gets pretty soapy in its own way.

Claire Foy is brilliant and indeed a beauty.