What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Sort of, I think they are aping Breaking Bad more though.  Legion did it, Ozark did it, Westworld in a sense, etc

3 minutes ago, KK said:

So the new Mindhunter season is worth checking out then?

I can't imagine it will end up vastly different from season 1, so I'd say if you liked season 1 watch season 2, if you didn't, don't

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

I can't imagine it will end up vastly different from season 1, so I'd say if you liked season 1 watch season 2, if you didn't, don't

But I didn’t like season 1 and I’m kind of enjoying 2!  My wife likes it more which is why I returned to it at all, because I had really lost patience by the end of S01

I found the first season frustrating as well. But I'll take Stu's word for it and give the new season a chance.

8 minutes ago, KK said:

I found the first season frustrating as well. But I'll take Stu's word for it and give the new season a chance.

It feels less eventful (although my memory of S01 plot points is hazy) but the character stuff feels more interesting and consequential.  The Bill Tench character especially is *really* shining this time around, which is good because he’s definitely the best actor of the bunch.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Most shows improve from their first season to their second

No, we must write off everything based off their less than exquisite debut run, and it must be final. Same goes for any mid series weaker seasons - they should be immediately dismissed from thereon in, and it will be absolute.

11 minutes ago, Quintus said:

No, we must write off everything based off their less than exquisite debut run, and it must be final. Same goes for any mid series weaker seasons - they should be immediately dismissed from thereon in, and it will be absolute.

Suuure...

10 hours ago, KK said:

If you thought Season 1 was "meh", then don't bother. It's the same show. 

Anyway, yesterday's episode 5 (by Andrew Dominik) was probably the best one so far. The subdued tone and the dialogue of the series are finger-licking good.

Spoiler

mindhunter-season-2-episode-5-charles-ma

I don't know how they did it but that WAS Charles Manson!

8 hours ago, KK said:

It's perfectly good for a crime procedural and with - who doubted - first rate production values and some inspired character bits (Holt McCallany is the same kind of favourite like the duo of Kevin Bacon/Aldis Hodge in the also-recent 'City on a Hill' - you just perk up when these guys enter the frame). Again its biggest miss is the lack of a psychogram of the killer to counterbalance the investigation.

It's about the gruesome Atlanta child murders of the late 70's, another half-solved crime, and if you expect anything beyond tying up the loose ends of this case you will be disappointed. Me for the life of it cannot understand people sitting through season after season of 'Vikings' or stuff like that. Diff'rent strokes..

Mindhunter 2x02 Episode 2

Now that was very good, an episode that leans into everything the show does well for a whole hour.  Not one, but two lengthy interview scenes, each of which had a great momentum as things built up.  I liked how they got the Son of Sam guy to admit he made up the demon stuff.  Very interesting ending with the cop saying a dead body was found a house Tench's wife was the realtor for, I got a fishy vibe from the whole scene so I assume that "coy" isn't all he says he is

Finished Marvel/Fox's Legion. Man, what a show! 

Before I started the show I was skeptical about investing my time in another superhero/comic book show, but I came to realize and love how it's nothing like a conventional superhero story, but one that deals with mental illness and broken people all affected by one person.

Initially I was disappointed with the ending because it isn't showstopping or hugely climactic, however it ends up the best possible outcome for all of the characters. I'll miss this show for the charm of its creativity - in its visuals, sound, music, story and acting - it's all so powerful and nothing is wasted. 

It's difficult to recommend this show to others as it takes a few episodes for the feel and tone of the show (and how they're presenting the story) sinks in, but once you pick it up, it's easy to binge and want more and more and more! 

I loved that show and was a massive fan throughout the entire run... Until the final two episodes which I have massive, massive, unfixable problems with. Too much to get into now but I feel they messed up things so bad I cannot remember being more disappointed in a show in my life. 

Huge bummer, but I still have faith in Hawley and Lucy In The Sky and Fargo 4

I didn't even realize the third season was out! The second season itself was kind of a mixed bag for me.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I loved that show and was a massive fan throughout the entire run... Until the final two episodes which I have massive, massive, unfixable problems with. Too much to get into now but I feel they messed up things so bad I cannot remember being more disappointed in a show in my life. 

Huge bummer, but I still have faith in Hawley and Lucy In The Sky and Fargo 4

There's so many ways they could've ended it - I like the way they chose, but can see how (given more series) they could've developed the story to that point. As it stands, there are characters and plot threads that deserved more time developing that felt wasted. It wasn't a complete failure of writing like Game of Thrones, but it was disappointing all the same.

I had a vision of the ending (spoilers):

Spoiler

David resets time, and we get a mini epilogue of David growing up, in a montage, up until a point where he's the same age as we first see his character and he has a chance encounter with Syd, the two stop in their tracks and notice eachother - then it ends.

I felt as if they needed this little coda to bring Syd and David back together, that they found a way to deal with their troubled lives and dealing with mental illness.

11 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

Game of Thrones Seasons 6 and 7 are better than Chernobyl!

Beer is better than wine.

6 hours ago, Arpy said:

Finished Marvel/Fox's Legion. Man, what a show! 

Couldn't stand more than a couple of episodes of that show. To each his own!

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

How far did you get?

I think we almost got to the end. Assuming there were about 10 episodes. 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Not about The Orville!

Funnily enough, that one is much more a Stefan Cosman show than an Alexcremers one. 

Designated Survivor is a broadcast network show (made for and aired on ABC here) that Netflix picked up for one final season after ABC canceled it. Not anything Netflix came up with or determined the look for themselves