What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I'd go for 'City on a Hill', 'Chernobyl', 'Succession', 'Mindhunters', 'Dark Crystal' , 'Bosch' and/or 'Club de Cuervos', the only shows in the last 12 months i didn't give up on after 2 episodes.

1 hour ago, publicist said:

I'd go for 'City on a Hill', 'Chernobyl', 'Succession', 'Mindhunters', 'Dark Crystal' , 'Bosch' and/or 'Club de Cuervos', the only shows in the last 12 months i didn't give up on after 2 episodes.

Yeah I've seen Chernobyl, which is more of a mini-series than an ongoing seasonal TV series. I have Succession taped, so I might dive into that next.

Dark Crystal is modern snob TV?

13 Reasons Why (Season 3)

Not a fan of the show, but as a force of habit I've had to see this thing through to the end. There are some serious issues with the narrative and the writing, but there are also some excellent scenes which are made through the acting alone. 

• 2 weeks later...

First episode of Bad Omens, which was switched off after around 20 mins. I'm not having much luck lately.

This was real weak though. They aimed for quirky but accidentally landed on wacky. And as we all know, wacky is never ever good.

I understand it will be either be on one of the Beeb's channels and/or the iPlayer at some stage (what with them being co-producers) and I'll give it a go then. I'd happily watch David Tennant read the phone book. 

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

First episode of Bad Omens, which was switched off after around 20 mins. I'm not having much luck lately.

This was real weak though. They aimed for quirky but accidentally landed on wacky. And as we all know, wacky is never ever good.

I enjoyed it well enough. But its not your kinda thing.

9 hours ago, Quintus said:

Are you talking about the Michael Sheen/David Tennant show, which was called Good Omens? Or is there a different show, called Bad Omens? If so I've never heard of that one 

Catching some of The Emmys after finishing season 1 of Good Girls. Hearing Jodie Comers natural accent was a trip. 

They way they are quickly going through every award with no fluff in between us great, the Oscars should follow suit 

These days, I hardly care about awards shows, including the Oscar and specially the Emmys. I've never liked Emmys to begin with (too many categories for too many boring series that I will never watch), but a few years ago I used to watch at least the telecast. These days I only see who were the winners, and that's it. "Game of Thrones won for best drama? Yeah, sure, why not".

The only thing Emmys are useful today is to find some stuff to watch. I wasn't considering watching Ozark, but now, maybe when I have a little time...

Ozark's pretty good, it's kind of like a Breaking Bad on fast forward, huge plot points that change the stakes for multiple characters happen every episode instead of once per season, it's kind of amazing how they pull it off

Anyone else heard of this French horror called Marianne? It's new and after I randomly sampled the first episode last night I popped onto google to see if anyone else was talking about it, and they are in a pretty big way.

tYNSA7R.jpg

Think more Hereditary and less The Conjuring and you're barking up the right tree. Seems good to me; creepy scenes, and quite grubby with it 👍

I thought the first season was pretty good, the second one disappointing. It wants to be so dark that literally every character is up to no good. There was a moment that I even wanted to give up on the show.

A_Very_English_Scandal.png

A surprisingly engaging Hugh Grant headlines this fact-based three-part British television comedy-drama dramatizing a British political and sex scandal known as Thorpe affair that ended the career of Jeremy Thorpe, the leader of the Liberal Party. The scandal arose from allegations by his unstable has-been lover, Norman, played here by Ben Whishaw, that he and Thorpe had a homosexual relationship in the early 1960s, and that Thorpe in the 70's had begun a badly planned conspiracy to murder him. Reliable old pro Stephen Frears keeps things breezy but also shoots a piercing look at the social mores of GB: Thorpe rather hires a killer to off Norman than risking being exposed and what's more, when all gets out, his sexuality actually merits more public discussion than the plain fact that he hired a killer to murder a guy. Of course, this not being about space aliens and guys in spandex i had to resort to a new Sky subscription to see that and several other things.

Emmy ratings hit an all time low, falling under 7 million viewers on the US for the first time ever. It's a 32% fall compared to 2018 and a whopping 39% compared to 2017:

https://deadline.com/2019/09/emmys-ratings-fall-game-of-thrones-sunday-night-football-los-angeles-rams-1202742225/

Ouch! And that's even with the final season of GoT competing. Imagine next year, when there's not going to be a series as popular as Thrones?