What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

In its darker moments, the show gets about as "arthouse" as television gets. Brilliant stuff.

Enjoying season 4 so far, but it feels a little light compared to the heavy emotional highs of season 3.

Bojack's darkness often brings out the show's most beautiful moments though. 

And Bojack is a very rich character, maybe not the most appealing, but he often helps serve the show's most substantial material. 

I think Bojack Horseman and The Leftovers share some semblance thematically as well.

12 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Anyone watching Young Sheldon? the ads and billboards for that were all over LA, and HUGE.

It hasn't begun airing yet.

GOT S7 E3.

I was so annoyed when Jon started acting up. Just bend the knee already, why is it so difficult for him to realise Dany really IS the rightful queen?

Cersei was really horrible to Elaria. Oh, how I wish she would die a painful death...

I'm also starting to fear for Tyrion's life because his plans aren't working and Dany might think he's trying to destroy her.

Bran, as usual, was stupid. Is 'it's difficult to explain' all he's gonna come up with?

And poor Olenna...

And great end credits music.

10 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

GOT S7 E3.

I was so annoyed when Jon started acting up. Just bend the knee already, why is it so difficult for him to realise Dany really IS the rightful queen?

It's because his people voted him the King of the North.  He doesn't care about who sits on the Iron Throne.

I tried watching a program on The History Channel. It went on for hours with constant commercial breaks. In fact, it was the exact same commercials every time. I thought I was trapped in a causality loop. In the end, the program didn't actually justify such an absurdly long running length padded out by commercials. You could have gotten the same information from a Wikipedia article in 10 minutes. Even if I'd recorded the program, I would have been annoyed fast-forwarding through all the commercials.

11 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

GOT S7 E3.

You talk about it as if it's a soap series!

11 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Nope!

20 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

...why is it so difficult for him to realise Dany really IS the rightful queen?

From Jon's perspective, the regime of which Daenerys claims to be the continuation was ousted after relinquishing its right to rule, with Jon's own father being a co-leader of the faction which did the ousting. (That's quite apart from the aforementioned fact that Jon is now leading a region which has announced its secession from the union!) So it isn't a question of him failing to realise the truth of the matter.

Been re-watching the show lately. Great stuff.

The new trailer makes him look larger a caricature than I'd like.

I'm OK with that at this point; Plus, they could have simply put the wackiest moments in the trailer and the full episodes will feature much more subtle comedy

1 hour ago, Glóin the Dark said:

From Jon's perspective, the regime of which Daenerys claims to be the continuation was ousted after relinquishing its right to rule, with Jon's own father being a co-leader of the faction which did the ousting. (That's quite apart from the aforementioned fact that Jon is now leading a region which has announced its secession from the union!) So it isn't a question of him failing to realise the truth of the matter.

Sure, but his Dad's rebellion was unjustified, if you look at it objectively. The Mad King might not have been a good king, but that doesn't make DAny a bad leader.

39 minutes ago, KK said:

Been re-watching the show lately. Great stuff.

The new trailer makes him look like an even larger caricature of the character.

That's a concern, but I'm hoping the gags work within the provided context of the episode. I wish I hadn't watched the trailer because it revealed way too much for my liking.

10 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Sure, but his Dad's rebellion was unjustified, if you look at it objectively. The Mad King might not have been a good king, but that doesn't make DAny a bad leader.

You don't think it was justified?  Have you been paying attention to the backstory of the show?

The Mad King burned Ned's father and brother alive, was stockpiling greenfire under all of King's Landing, and was threatening to burn the entire city to the ground he was so paranoid!

3 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

The North do not recognize the right of the South to rule them.  That's it.  That simple.

Just now, Disco Stu said:

The North do not recognize the right of the South to rule them.  That's it.  That simple.

That, too!

Just now, Quintus said:

Because it was a fabrication.

Zzzt, he's only on ep 3!

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

That's a concern, but I'm hoping the gags work within the provided context of the episode. I wish I hadn't watched the trailer because it revealed way too much for my liking.

Likewise. I'm chalking it up to a poor trailer, but I'm hoping the new season as a whole is not as over-the-top as the trailer's gags suggest.

7 minutes ago, Quintus said:

C'mon man, even I knew that! I've been following your MO better than you have now!

4 minutes ago, KK said:

I'm chalking it up to a poor trailer, but I'm hoping the new season as a whole is not as over-the-top as the trailer's gags suggest.

I said that!

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

they could have simply put the wackiest moments in the trailer and the full episodes will feature much more subtle comedy

4 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Sure, but his Dad's rebellion was unjustified, if you look at it objectively.

If you look at it objectively then nobody is the rightful monarch.

Jon grew up surrounded by the narrative that the Targaryens had been rightfully deposed.

23 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

GOT S7 E3.

Because Jon doesn't read the books. He doesn't know what the audience knows.