What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Night Manager was outstanding. One of the best TV spy thrillers ever.

23 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Not even the new Star Trek theme is any good.

Main themes.

1. TOS

2. TNG

3. VOY

4. DS9

5. Discovery

Voyager's title sequence is the best though.

11 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Night Manager has been on my list since ever since my mum banged on about it to me last year, she absolutely loved it. 

It should have been a series to embrace (Le Carré, Dr. House) but it didn't click with me. I can't put a finger on it but it somehow felt disconnected from Le Carré's weary world and too much like a posh Bond thriller. Back to 'Smiley's People'.

I'm hardly the only one around here who loves that brilliant show!

Anyways, what is that, some guy's analysis of the show?

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It's "Nerdwriter," a very popular Youtube critic.  I can't imagine you haven't seen one of his videos before.

I've never heard that name before in my life

I can't say I've ever watched a youtube video of anyone talking about a movie or show, other than Honest Trailers and Everything Wrong With

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I've never heard that name before in my life

I can't say I've ever watched a youtube video of anyone talking about a movie or show, other than Honest Trailers and Everything Wrong With

Ah, didn't realize that.  I assumed you would have due to your familiarity with those two series.

I guess I'd rather go watch some movie or show I haven't seen, than watch some guy talk about a movie or show I have seen.

Those funny ones are good for a laugh tho

Each season has one clunker.  Over all, its one of the shows being made today I most look forward to seeing a new episode of

9 hours ago, Jay said:

I guess I'd rather go watch some movie or show I haven't seen, than watch some guy talk about a movie or show I have seen.

Those funny ones are good for a laugh tho

You 'seem' so close-minded and incurious, Jay. It reminds me when you said that you never watch anything that aren't movies of TV series. 

9 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

It's "Nerdwriter," a very popular Youtube critic.  I can't imagine you haven't seen one of his videos before.

Nerdwriter is actually NOT a critic. He makes video essays. He's quite good at it and has great insight.

Well it also comes down to time.  Most of the time I'm on JWFan, I'm at work.  I'm waiting for new code to compile or a test to finish, so I can quickly pop in and read a few posts, or I can read articles about films or TV shows, etc.  I can't watch videos at work.  So that means when I'm at home, I'd have to find time to go to the computer and choose to watch a video about a tv show or movie, and 99% of the time I'd rather stay on the couch and watch an episode of a tv show or a movie instead.

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well it also comes down to time.  Most of the time I'm on JWFan, I'm at work.  I'm waiting for new code to compile or a test to finish, so I can quickly pop in and read a few posts, or I can read articles about films or TV shows, etc.  I can't watch videos at work.  So that means when I'm at home, I'd have to find time to go to the computer and choose to watch a video about a tv show or movie, and 99% of the time I'd rather stay on the couch and watch an episode of a tv show or a movie instead.

Really? Even if I had the time I wouldn't bother to watch.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Move on to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, of course

I suppose that’s it alright. 

Still, I’ll mis Jack and Liz.

6 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

I suppose that’s it alright. 

Still, I’ll mis Jack and Liz.

UKS has a very similar comedy style to 30 Rock, but the topics are more broad instead of entertainment-industry-based.  Beware that season 2 is a drop off in quality compared to season 1, but then season 3 rebounds and is great again

I've been watching Gotham season 1 on and off. As Captain Kirk once said, I don't know. I just don't know. Batman characters as kids? Annoyingly, it's yet another show that seems to be basically one giant ongoing episode. I've missed certain things and it doesn't seem to matter, though. Some episodes are better than others. One thing's for certain. Harvey Bullock is definitely a great Batman character.

350?cb=20140924213647&path-prefix=es

He also has a great jacket. This guy doesn't seem to have aged since he was in Sneakers? Good genes. One of the most memorable scenes thus far was when he shot a hypnotist lady.

The questionable portrayals of key Bat characters is one for the fanboys to debate, not me. As I've said, as long as it's entertaining. It seems Pengy is obviously stealing the show this season. I prefer him as a mutant circus freak, but whatever. I don't care much for the mafia rivalry. There's not enough...fun.

My wife and I just watched the first season of Sneaky Pete....it premiered on Amazon video last January so I don't know if it's been mentioned here or not.  Stars Giovanni Ribisi as a con man who gets out of prison and assumes his cell mate's identity and moves in with his family while trying to hide from a New York crime boss played by Bryan Cranston.  We thought it was a great series, full of twists and turns and colorful characters who get more and more shady as the show goes on, where everybody has dark secrets from each other.  Think Ocean's Eleven in suburban Connecticut.  A bit far-fetched, insofar as everything has to work out just right, every coincidence and twist plays out just so, but still a lot of fun to watch.  Great acting as always by Ribisi, and Cranston plays the suave but menacing crime boss as well as you'd expect.

Looking forward to Season 2!

Curb S09e01

Holy fuck, that is how you do a comedy comeback/revival show, because that shit was seamless! 

It's all there too; the clockwork mechanisms and timings of the gags, present and correct - early episode setups all slot into place later on, just like they used to. Even the irreverent music kicks in just when it should do and everything! (who knew Larry David of all people could teach David LYNCH a thing or two about soundtrack deliverance ;)

I can't stress enough how impressive this is - that a much beloved comedy series from years ago comes back with such vigour and aplomb, it's almost bizarre how "classic curb" it feels. The old gang are all included, and character interactions are snappy, natural and very funny. That stilted, awkward sensation between key characters which one normally experiences in other shows after a long hiatus? It just isn't apparent here.

This never normally happens... 

And then, David ups the ante even more, with a season narrative theme which is straight-up daring as it is brilliant.

If the first episode of this long-awaited comeback is anything to go by, Curb9 is surely going to be a great season for all Curb fans. 

Oh sure KK, respond when Quint comments on the episode, but not when I do. I see how it is!

I totally agree, it came back like it never left. Good stuff all around.

I hadn't watched it at that point!

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

It could easily have been season 3 as it was season 9!

Was that the season when he started to become a caricature? Because season 9 seems to embrace the more over-the-top Curb even more heartily.

It's definitely airing on the side of, um, "larger than life". But then, completely implausible things have happened in Curb since the early days. At this point seeing Larry enter a stranger's house unwelcomed and then cause a huge row feels totally like something he'd do.