Jay

What is the last Television series you watched?

Bates Motel has been on our "to watch" list for a while, along with Man in the High Castle, The Americans, and one or two others.  Problem is new shows keep coming out that push them back....

We watched the first 3 episodes years ago, liked it well enough, but then so many other shows came out, we just never resumed it, and now we'd basically have to start all over again

The consensus I've seen online for The Americans seems to be that it doesn't get great until Season 3 (The sixth and final season airs next year), and Bates Motel I forget if it was either season 2 or season 3 where it supposed gets great (they've aired 5 seasons total and its over now)

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

It's more realistic and relatable than Big Bang is!

Not if you are a nerd.

19 hours ago, Alex said:

Curb is great. I fascinated by the way it's all more or less improvised.

Also, Whose Line is my all time favourite TV show, although I prefer the UK version!

Too staged though.

Not improvised at all.

Oh my God. Norma and Emma are dating. This show is such an amazing character study. Because he only ever half existed, I can't tell if his affection for her is a result of the Norman side or the Mother side. Or some weird mishmash of both. An attempt by Norman to make Mother jealous? My brain!

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

You can just admit that you enjoy something that I enjoy, Alexcremers.

He's like that with me too. As soon as I said I liked Westworld, all he did was put it down. I'll have to watch some of his other posh shows, praise them, and see how he reacts.

My wife and I watched the first two episodes of the currently airing season of The Great British Bake-Off

It's good!  I miss Mary Berry much more than I miss Sue & Mel, but Prue (her replacement) is good.  I'm a fan of both Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig, and I think I might actually like them better than Sue & Mel as hosts.....

We haven't really picked favorites from the contestants yet.  It's hard when the field is so large in the first few episodes.  Wait for the standouts to appear.

Noel and Sandi are so cute.  I know Noel mostly from his rather absurdist sketch comedy and Sandi I know exclusively from her appearances on and later hosting of QI.  They're both quite fun and honestly, I don't miss the constant double entendres that were Sue & Mel's bread & butter.  Sandi projects a maternal, fiercely intelligent warmth and Noel's just a big kid.  They go well together, surprisingly.